adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans: All upcoming games at the highest, game engines like Unity3D and other to develop games.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.

Ans: 60k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: yes.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 x64

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: none. have 1TB+250GB+1TB(ext).

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: have a 1080p 40" HDTV :-D

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Monitor, KB, Mouse, ODD, HDD

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: starting of June

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: by me

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: willing to buy locally, online and internationally(geb.ebay.in and amazon.com) if prices are cheap

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: i already have a rig in my mind thanks to [MENTION=135617]rijinpk1[/MENTION] :) just wanted to see if there are any other suggestions.

i5 4570 ~ 13k
Sapphire R9 290 Tri X ~ 35k
Gigabyte GA-B85-D3H ~5.5k
Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 4 GB ~ 2.8
Seasonic S12II 620W ~5.5k
Corsair 300R ~ 4.5k

i'll be getting these locally, so it would fit the budget :)

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
as Aravind92has suggested get 8 GB total RAM. That r9 290 will generate quite a lot of heat so populate those top fan mount slots of 300 R.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Intel Core i5 4570 -14000,

Sapphire/HIS R9 280X 3GB -23000,

Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5500,

Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz -5800,

Corsair GS600 -4600,

Corsair 300R -4500,

Cooler Master 120mm 3 LED fans -1500,

Cooler Master 140mm 2 LED fans -1400.

TOTAL -60,300.

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
as Aravind92has suggested get 8 GB total RAM. That r9 290 will generate quite a lot of heat so populate those top fan mount slots of 300 R.

Intel Core i5 4570 -14000,

Sapphire/HIS R9 280X 3GB -23000,

Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5500,

Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz -5800,

Corsair GS600 -4600,

Corsair 300R -4500,

Cooler Master 120mm 3 LED fans -1500,

Cooler Master 140mm 2 LED fans -1400.

TOTAL -60,300.

:eek: from a 290 to 280X? :confused: where did the money go? And i'll be buying fans exclusive of the budget so don't include them in the budget.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
:eek: from a 290 to 280X? :confused: where did the money go? And i'll be buying fans exclusive of the budget so don't include them in the budget.

He has an enemity with 290. Lucky he suggested a 280x. Else in 75k budget he tends to suggest 270x.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
BTW you have mentioned you will overclock. But the components are not for over clocking. And if you go for overclocking you will not be able to get a 290. So as you are assembling a gaming desktop I suggest stick with 290 and bench the overclocking thought.

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
BTW you have mentioned you will overclock. But the components are not for over clocking. And if you go for overclocking you will not be able to get a 290. So as you are assembling a gaming desktop I suggest stick with 290 and bench the overclocking thought.

i know that. I i was thinking to overclock using PLL and stuff.

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
it is not a good idea to overclock an already locked cpu from intel. you might need to get a z87 board too. it is not recommended anyway.

a Z87 board? :eek: m better off not overclocking it. Anyway i can max anything till 4-5 years right?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
a Z87 board? :eek: m better off not overclocking it. Anyway i can max anything till 4-5 years right?

that will depend on the games. but you may be able play most titles provided you may have to lower the settings a bit. you may get enough money to upgrade to better one within that 5 year period , i guess ;).

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
that will depend on the games. but you may be able play most titles provided you may have to lower the settings a bit. you may get enough money to upgrade to better one within that 5 year period , i guess ;).

a upgrade after i spend 60k on a pc? :eek: dad would kill me :p

Cilus

laborare est orare
I don't think after 3 or 4 years, Haswell processor will be available any more. In case of a Desktop, the updates take a periodical approach, not like exactly after 3 years you will be updating again. Say, after 1 year, you might add some more Ram or if you need faster storage performance then you can grab a SSD which will be more cheaper after some time. The Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X will be able to play all games with pretty high settings for next two years @ 1080P resolution IMO.
Regarding Processor update, what you can do, after a year or sometimes after that, you can sell it off and get a i7 Processor if you feel you need more processing power.

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
I don't think after 3 or 4 years, Haswell processor will be available any more. In case of a Desktop, the updates take a periodical approach, not like exactly after 3 years you will be updating again. Say, after 1 year, you might add some more Ram or if you need faster storage performance then you can grab a SSD which will be more cheaper after some time. The Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X will be able to play all games with pretty high settings for next two years @ 1080P resolution IMO.
Regarding Processor update, what you can do, after a year or sometimes after that, you can sell it off and get a i7 Processor if you feel you need more processing power.

i already have eyes out for SSDs, was looking into Samsung Evo 128G, and i have a RAM stick of 4GB, i'll tweak the timing to match HyperXBlu. And i7, it has a long time to come to me :p

Top Bottom