60k laptop(use for 5 yrs)

n3rd

In the zone
I'm buying S03IN, but since your budget is higher, go for Lenovo as it has full HD resolution.

anikesh102

Broken In
i have just bought lenevo Ideapad y500.. it is available in india... i bought it for 66,000rs... and believe me its awesome....:-D

anikesh102

Broken In
i don't know anything about benchmarks... i just play games so if tell me about it i ll do it.... and i played nfs most wanted(2012) at everything maxed graphics(1080 res) it showed 20fps... and if headlight shadow and ambient occlusion are off then it showed 30 fps with Fraps... and the temp was below 70C...

n3rd

In the zone
Below 70 is great! It maxed at 70 after hours of gaming? Screen size aside, I wonder how it compares to Sammy S03IN?

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
i have just bought lenevo Ideapad y500.. it is available in india... i bought it for 66,000rs... and believe me its awesome....:-D

I'm unable to find it @ Durgapur. So i guess i will have to wait..... No S03IN also (shopkeepers say it's not available in market now, it will be available in 1st week of feb)

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
I'm unable to find it @ Durgapur. So i guess i will have to wait..... No S03IN also (shopkeepers say it's not available in market now, it will be available in 1st week of feb)

Yipeee Lenovo Ideapad Y500 is back in Flipkart, planning to give order tomorrow or day after tomorrow.... :)

Jakes

Broken In
Yipeee Lenovo Ideapad Y500 is back in Flipkart, planning to give order tomorrow or day after tomorrow.... :)

Ideapads have heating problem watch out.

Dell Inspiron 15R SE Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Dell: Flipkart.com

Gtb93

In the zone
Glad to see the Y500 back.
The model has hardly any reports of overheating, and is a pretty good machine.
The only reported issues were some touchpad issues, which are seemingly fixed as they changed their touchpad hosts to synaptics.
Plus, it's easy to rectify the errors.
Go for the lenovo. :)

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
Ideapads have heating problem watch out.

Dell Inspiron 15R SE Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Dell: Flipkart.com

Lenovo Ideapad Y580 had heating problem. Samsung NP550P5C S03IN also gets heated up. But Lenovo Ideapad Y500 is cooler than S03IN. Dell is good, but Lenovo has GT650M......

anikesh102

Broken In
i can assure u that y500 has no heating problems... after hours of playing nfs most wanted 2012 at ultra settings it never crossed 70C.... but i would like to tell you that dont buy it form flipkart.... and before buying y500 check its mfd date is after 28 nov 2012... and it should have synaptics touchpad.... bcos older models have ELAN touchpad and all of them have touchpad issues.... i too had touchpad issues once now it seems to b fine .. but u can never know what may happen.... other than that it is an awesome laptop... no doubt.... hope this was helpful.....:)

Gtb93

In the zone
i can assure u that y500 has no heating problems... after hours of playing nfs most wanted 2012 at ultra settings it never crossed 70C.... but i would like to tell you that dont buy it form flipkart.... and before buying y500 check its mfd date is after 28 nov 2012... and it should have synaptics touchpad.... bcos older models have ELAN touchpad and all of them have touchpad issues.... i too had touchpad issues once now it seems to b fine .. but u can never know what may happen.... other than that it is an awesome laptop... no doubt.... hope this was helpful.....:)

If you have the time, you should consider doing a review @ Review section here. :)

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
What about the heat and display ? Is it anti glare?

Display is anti-glare acc. to Lenovo US. Acc. to a review that i read in internet, temperature reaches upto 70 degree Celsius only.

I'm going to buy this Flipkart but I feel a bit hesitant. I'm confused because of buying from Flipkart.... It's going to be my biggest order to Flipkart (both in terms of size n money). Will Flipkart deliver it in brand new condition w/o damages, etc?

Any Flipkart laptop buyer here?

pratyush997

Inactive
Display is anti-glare acc. to Lenovo US. Acc. to a review that i read in internet, temperature reaches upto 70 degree Celsius only.

I'm going to buy this Flipkart but I feel a bit hesitant. I'm confused because of buying from Flipkart.... It's going to be my biggest order to Flipkart (both in terms of size n money). Will Flipkart deliver it in brand new condition w/o damages, etc?

Any Flipkart laptop buyer here?
Just order it!
If any issues! there replacement policies rockx!

Top Bottom