5" Android Mobile around 20k

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
My friend is set on buying a Galaxy Grand for 21.5k today. But the screen res is not at all optimal at 187ppi for the price point.
Mobile Mostly will be used for Games and music/movies.
I want to know a better device preferably from Samsung or Sony with display 4.5" or bigger. Also JB upgrade is a must (even if upgrade available only later)

Gaurav265

A PC GAMER
i think galaxy grand is only mobile with 5 inch screen is available in 21k from sony or samsung.you have to increase you budget or decrease the screen size requirement to get alternatives...

tkin

Back to school!!
Ditto, you had just discovered why Grand is a cr@p set, 187PPi yuck, also the GPU on it is pretty cr@p too, if you are ok with 4.7" get LG Optimus L9, Flipkart has just stocked them for 18k, awesome deal.

Pros of L9:
1. Awesome hardware(dual A9+SGX540)+1GB RAM
2. 4.7" IPS Screen(good PPi).
3. 2150 monstrous battery, actually one of the largest battery any android set offers except note series.

Cons:
1. Poor cam, in day light ok, not so good at night time.
2. Internal memory 4GB, sd card slot available, but since apps install to internal slots you may not install a lot of HD games, and app2sd apps don't work unless you root it.

I just got one, also here's a review: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/reviews/168649-lg-optimus-l9-short-review.html

Right now, under 22k, this is the best set you can get.

If you want Samsung get SGS II at least, and for Sony Xperia SL.

Hrishi

Ditto, you had just discovered why Grand is a cr@p set, 187PPi yuck, also the GPU on it is pretty cr@p too, if you are ok with 4.7" get LG Optimus L9, Flipkart has just stocked them for 18k, awesome deal.

Pros of L9:
3. 2150 monstrous battery, actually one of the largest battery any android set offers except note series.

Cons:
2. Internal memory 4GB, sd card slot available, but since apps install to internal slots you may not install a lot of HD games, and app2sd apps don't work unless you root it.

I just got one, also here's a review: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/reviews/168649-lg-optimus-l9-short-review.html

Go with this. You'll not regret.

mitraark

Decrepit
5" might seem good on paper, i used to crave for large screens, but now i've realised the extra fraction of inches hardly matter for viewing, but tremendously affect battery drain. 4.7" is good enough, even 4.3 will do just fine after a few days of use.

OP
lywyre

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Thanks for all of your suggestions. For me, I would not go for size, rather the package. I will certainly avoid big screen, not a fan of them. My friend is now convinced against Grand, decided to get a Nexus 4.

tkin

Back to school!!
Thanks for all of your suggestions. For me, I would not go for size, rather the package. I will certainly avoid big screen, not a fan of them. My friend is now convinced against Grand, decided to get a Nexus 4.
Fantastic choice, but should any issues arise you'll not get warranty, so that's 25k down the drain :|

tkin

Back to school!!
Yes, but he is quite willing to take the risk.
Very well then, but make one thing sure, this happened to me a few times, tell him that you'll not be responsible for the device, if it ever gets borked, high chance he'll come and nag you, just a heads up, no offense to your or your friend.,

Tenida

Gadget Freak

Pros of L9:

Cons:

I bought two L9's one for me and one for my sister. So go ahead and buy it ;)

Top Bottom