5.1 Speakers .. can i use that in my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
hey.. i purchased a 5.1 speakers of Elife and that is working fine on my PC. It has 3 jacks to be put in my mobo ... but as there is only one line out jack in my laptop is there anything that can be done to run this speakers on my laptop...

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
pls post ur Lappy Make and Model No...

well modern Laptops do come with 5.1 support, but if u r using Old P - III type or any Lappy which doesnt support 5.1 they i am afraid u cant play that SKP :(

anbuthane

Right off the assembly line
yep ur LT may play it if ur audio codec supports it. u can check this if realtek(ALC 850 and so till ALC 888 canplay).if not possible however u can go fo r a electronic shop to create a 1 to 3 stereo bridge to feed all the channels however they will be producing only stereo sound on six speakers

hash!!

________
well, i dunno if they make that 'smart' onboard audio setup for laptops where u can put in anythn, and then configure accordingly... like my mobo's got an onboard soundmax weird thing... i dun really use the onboard audio newayz...
gettin back to ur problem, well, its simple... get a stereo splitter... its probably gonna reduce the sound quality, but then, it works....
here's what it looks like:
*www.cablesforless.com/ProductImages/items/AUD-3000.jpg
but then, it is kinda weird that an audigy card in ur laptop duznt support 5.1 sound... :S
check ur laptop manual... i tried googling a bit for ur laptop wid an audigy, cudnt find nuthn relevant...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom