5.1 sound card

Status
Not open for further replies.

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Can you tell me something about EAX. Is it for games only. I'm not a gamer

Supports DTS output and Dolby Digital 5.1 decoding using third-party applications

Is there any card with hardware based encoding for Dolby/DTS signal. Is it better than software based encoding

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
EAX above 2.0 is creative only technology to provide surround effects in supporting game engines...not worth for movie & music buffs

many cards do DTS/DDL over digital connection in realtime like auzen x-ploision,prelude,bluegears b-enspire but u need digital receiver to decode those signals

for analog connection software does the job in most soundcards

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Do you know any shop in Nehru Place selling this M-Audio card coz i'm gonna visit NP in few dayz

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
^^ Multilink computers…24,2nd floor, 13, Deepak building, Nehru place

or indian distributors

aditya infotech

*www.adityagroup.com/contactus.asp?cityName=DELHI

*www.adityagroup.com/productlisting.asp?id=5&cat_id=201&search=brand

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Ok Thank you very much. one last question. What is the best price for M-Audio Revolution Sound card

arun2105

Broken In
yes. And you will definitely have a theatrical experience if you have good set of speakers coupled with a good sound card.

DTS/Dolby is a must for crystal clear audio output from sound card.

Also, Better buy Logitech X-530 or X-540 instead of Edifier. They are much better when it comes to sheer audio quality and price is pretty much the same.

One more decent speaker set is Creative t6060 for 3.5k

Edifier, being chinese company, I would never ever buy their products. Just my opinion. There are much better players like Logitech, Creative, Altec Lansing which offer lot better products for similar price.

Edifier is a little known Canadian Brand, Not Chinese and many of their models are very decently priced for their quality and one particular 2.1 Model beats many other models in the similar category range.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^^

dude. Edifier is a chinese company that also started Edifier enterprises canada Inc., Edifier enterprises argentina inc.

Take a look at company profile in their own website.

Established in Beijing, China, in May 1996, the Edifier Group quickly expanded overseas, and in 1998 developed into a transnational group company. Edifier is one of China’s first specialized manufacturers producing genuine wood enclosure speaker systems, and one of the first groups of loudspeaker manufacturers who have successfully developed an exclusive international market.

The company has the envious position of occupying first place in the whole country in terms of output and sales volume, with over 6 million systems being sold in 2004. The Company operates two production bases in Beijing, and Shenzhen in China respectively, with full product R&D, plastic injection, machining, painting, silk-screen printing, and assembly. The R&D team is composed of dedicated acoustical engineers from Beijing, and North America. The Group has more than 2,500 employees, and manufacturing facilities covering an area of 1,000,000 square feet. The Company's head offices are in Vancouver, Canada, being mainly responsible for group strategy sales, product planning, and product R&D.

*www.edifier.com/eng2005/comprofile.htm

yes. Edifier beats other 2.1's like Mercury 2.1, intex 2.1, iball 2.1 but it can't come close to Logitech's and Altec lansing's.

Last edited:

axxo

99.9% Idle
hmm... alot of people are confused regarding sound cards

first of all creative has discontinued ..audigy 2 value,audigy 2zs,audigy 4

although u can find audigy 4 oem if u are lucky..

currently available sub 3.5k creative cards are

sblive 24bit----DAC CS4382
audigy value -----DAC WM8768GEDS
xifi xtreme audio---DAC CS4382

CS4382 is superior to WM8768 DAC..
basically xifi xtreme audio is audigy value PCB with CS4382 DAC..

live 24bit & audigy value can easily be soft modded to xtreme audio(i have done it)....

if u have basic multimedia speakers then u are better off in getting sblive 24bit for 900bucks and then soft modding it to xifi xtreme audio

@vivekbabbudelhi
If possible can you mention the source to soft modding 24bit live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom