5.1 Home theater

choudang

Padawan
pl suggest me a good 5.1 HT

i am having Samsung full HD LCD which plays movies from my HDD but i am not satisfied cause .avi and .wma files are not supported and .avi is the common format found in torrents. no issues with mp4, mkv and mk2t formats.

looking for a good HT with good sound and full HD capabilities, price less than 20K but < 15K will be awesome :mrgreen: but sound must be good means bass and all.

reniarahim1

Youngling
what will be the source? if you are planning to use the tv as source, does it have a digital/optical audio out?

OP
choudang

choudang

Padawan
apologies, i missed that part.

I will use HDMI source for HT->LCD and as i need to connect the DTH too, so DTH->HT will be coaxial.

reniarahim1

Youngling
So i dont there is any options for HT which has HDMI IN and Coaxial IN in 20k. You can look for Onkyo 3300. Its around 21k.

OP
choudang

choudang

Padawan
Samsung HT-D450K 5.1 [14k] and Sony DAV- DZ640k 5.1 [19k] both has HDMI out [1] and coaxial in but confused which one to opt. samsung has 850W and sony has 1000W with tower. both has upscale, but i don't know which will play .avi. don't know about panasonic.

DTH and HT will both connected thru HDMI to the LCD, hence i don't see and problem with that. i have to connect the DHT with HT thru coaxial or optic to get 5.1 surround with dolby as star movies HD has dolby [sometimes dolby appears with new movies]

OP
choudang

choudang

Padawan
go thru once again and be clear what i am asking for.

HT does not have HDMI in, hence i need to connect my LCD with DTH and HT thru HDMI directly i.e. HDMI1 HT, HDMI2 DTH (you can use cable to connect DTH, but i am going with HDMI). no issues when i will be playing movies or songs, but when it comes to DTH, we need to connect to HT with Coaxial S/PDIF. FYI, Tata Sky HD,Dish TV TruHD and Airtel Digital TV HD services have Coaxial audio output. only i need to make sure your Home theater receiver has Coaxial S/PDIF input for 5.1 sound.

i am not looking for HDMI-in HT, afaik HT has only HDMI-out, now a days max HT has S/PDIF in.

refer to attached diagram in case you need more clarity on how to connect your DHT with HT for 5.1 or + output.

*s15.postimage.org/eqywspcs7/hd_dth_audio_spdif.jpg

???? bump

aroraanant

Explorer
If you are getting a Home Theatre then get a Sony one.
Don't go for Samsung or LG.
And I suggest you to have a look at Sony DZ840k, you can get it for under 23k

Top Bottom