Preferably <7k. Max 7.5k

2. Display type and size?
Large display >=4 Inches
Type : Any

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
Any

4. Preferred choice of brand?
No preference

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
Touchscreen

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
>2MP

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Android >=4.0 or Windows Phone 8

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
3G and Wifi

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
--

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
Browsing (articles, Q&A, blogs), mails, typing (lots of it), and audio (podcasts, primarily using earphones).

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
I found only two phones in this range with 4 inch screens. Xolo A500 (problematic, bad after-sales service) and Huawei Y300 (Not much idea about after-sales service).

12. Any other info that you want to share
There are rumours about a dual core A500+ coming in July. However, seeing the numerous issues with A500, is there any point waiting?
I am open to any brands/phones/suggestions. I will be buying in, or before, the first week of July.

Last edited:
OP
A

ashrj

Intermediate-level User
Thanks for the info. Have you posted a review of the phone?

Although, I would prefer something with the possibility of having after-sales service, because of my previous experience with phones.

Last edited:
OP
A

ashrj

Intermediate-level User
Y300 just went from 7200 to 7900 on Flipkart :-(

Xolo A500 is the only option left.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Thanks for the info. Have you posted a review of the phone?

Although, I would prefer something with the possibility of having after-sales service, because of my previous experience with phones.

Huawei Y300 is best option from an international brand. Wait for Indiatimes midnight sale, discounts ranging from 8-12%

Still if you want more powerful phone but from Indian brand[rebadged chinese]then ....
Lava Iris 455 @ 7799 on Flipkart but could be sourced less than 7k from ebay after applying some coupon
Lava Iris 455 - Buy Lava Iris 455 Black Online at Best Prices in India - Lava: Flipkart.com

OP
A

ashrj

Intermediate-level User
Huawei Y300 is best option from an international brand. Wait for Indiatimes midnight sale, discounts ranging from 8-12%

Still if you want more powerful phone but from Indian brand[rebadged chinese]then ....
Lava Iris 455 @ 7799 on Flipkart but could be sourced less than 7k from ebay after applying some coupon
Lava Iris 455 - Buy Lava Iris 455 Black Online at Best Prices in India - Lava: Flipkart.com

The Lava Iris has a 1500 mAh battery and its a 4.5 inch screen. I dont think it will last more than 7-9 hours on moderate usage. I am out for almost 10-12 hours at a stretch so it wont work out.

Gaurav265

A PC GAMER
You can find branded second hand handset on olx.in satisfying your need,look for 3 to 4 month older sets.if you dont care.

OP
A

ashrj

Intermediate-level User
I expanded my search a little. If I were to go for an Indian brand then which is the best option from karbonn a9+, micro max a89 and xolo a500. Do any of them have any major issues ?

Top Bottom