4G Mobile Phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaunak

Tux Fan
3G has yet to arrive in India! No carier currently supports 3G speeds of data transfer. Forget 4G!

A thumb rule for 4G:
In experiments, prototype phones were used to view 32 high definition video streams, while travelling in an automobile at 20 kilometres per hour. Officials from NTT DoCoMo say the phones could receive data at 100 megabits per second on the move and at up to a gigabit per second while static. At this rate, an entire DVD could be downloaded within a minute. DoCoMo's current 3G (third generation) phone network offers download speeds of 384 kilobits per second and upload speeds of 129 kilobits per second.

100Mbps, thats fast!
One tenth of such such speeds arent available in internet connections in India so forget it on your mobile phone!

Its not a hit or a miss, its a evolution of technology thats yet to happen.

Carriers in India are ill equiped to deal with majority subscriber usage [ie everyone subscribing to the network talks at the same time]. If there is an increase in the number of simultaneous calls the networks go down, [happened after the 7/11 mumbai blasts] so forget providing 4G services.

Will kill for bandwith:)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
4g when in india .... its still in beta modes only being tested of its capabilities .... 3g wasnt a failure coz of the technology.... it failed coz no 1 cud provide services .... govt wants money the corporates are money hungry ... so obviously it had to fail

Last edited:

kirtan

Journeyman
How can 3G be a failure in india before it is launched.Expectations are that it can make a foray into the indian telecommunication scenarion by june 2007.The carriers are working on to build the necessary infrastructure for an early launch of 3G in India.

gaurav21r

Journeyman
3G is yet to be launched fully in India. I do think it'll be a big hit in our country only if the proper infrastructure is established. more than 4/5 ths of the smartphones used in India are going waste becoz of ltd bandwidth. All this will change with the arrival of 3G.

The big corps would be very eager to cash in the large mobile subscriber database in India.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
arre arrive karke bhi kya fayda only a few ppl will b able to use it ..... 3g handstes and service cost i doubt its success hence hav already predicted its failure hope im wrong

shaunak

Tux Fan
Most mobile connections dont have GPRS enabled [partly due to the exhorbant costs , 499 a month on some carriers!] so 3G's far away and 4G's even further.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
@mAV3
when 3G service will launch, handset price will be dropped.. read somewhere (can't remember) that 3G handsets price will come down to 5.5k...

and @zegulas
please don't write such crazy words...latest handset is nokia N95 which support 3.5G... how do you think about 4G???
arre jab 4G ayega india'me , tab hum sab log bura ho jayenge.....

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
sunny days
heh ill give it gimme 20k hard cash take it 4 free
(20k is the service tax vat charges import and export duty)

kyon kaisi rahi?

OP
zegulas

zegulas

Traceur
Tech.Masti said:
and @zegulas
please don't write such crazy words...latest handset is nokia N95 which support 3.5G... how do you think about 4G???
arre jab 4G ayega india'me , tab hum sab log bura ho jayenge.....

I had read it on the government website (I don't remember the link though), that India will not go for 3G as it won't be very cost effective here and skipping it, they are planning to directly jump for 4G, got it?
But they hadn't mentioned when are they going to do all this, they only said 4G is coming soon!
Thats why I raised the issue, I thought someone will know something about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom