4G comes first time in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
Welcome to the future of fastest network carrier. Even though few countries are still under development of establishing 3G network, TeliaSonera launched first ever in the world LTE (4G network) service. So, it’s a big challenge for the mobile device makers to develop 4G capable mobile handsets as soon as possible to grab this service.

READ THE ENTIRE NEWS

Glad I didn't waste cash on a 3G handset. I have same plan as Indian Government's original idea - skip 3G and go 4G directly in a few years. :twisted:

This is supposed to offer speeds on mobile what them south koreans get on basic broadband (in english: speed'll download CD ISOs in 10 mins flat).

Maxfx

Broken In
Glad I didn't waste cash on a 3G handset. I have same plan as Indian Government's original idea - skip 3G and go 4G directly in a few years. :twisted:

I don't think that's gonnna happen Indian Govt. would let the opportunity of earning money from the bidding of 3G spectrum and switch directly to 4G. They will earn from the both from 3G as well as 4G (when ever that's gonna happen, maybe 2020..........).

I don't think that's gonnna happen Indian Govt. would let the opportunity of earning money from the bidding of 3G spectrum and switch directly to 4G. They will earn from the both from 3G as well as 4G (when ever that's gonna happen, maybe 2020..........).
I said ORIGINAL idea. Indian govt had that plan a few years back but decided to implement 3G anyway.

But 4G is a bit far away in India. I expect by 2014-2015 while globally it will be widespread by 2012 which is also when lots of 4G handsets will be available.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
3G prices are so high tat no1 is willing to go for it here in India, May be implementation of 4G will make the price lower....!!

OP
bhushan2k

bhushan2k

hmmm...we jst have to wait and watch...one thing is sure that 4G is far away to b seen in India...may b til 2015 we won't get 4G in India.

paroh

Padawan
Only Launching 3G or 4G is not enough . The quality of service is also important .
As also the same case in the Broadband quality and service and its cost.

hmmm...we jst have to wait and watch...one thing is sure that 4G is far away to b seen in India...may b til 2015 we won't get 4G in India.
Dont wait for 4G ... it ll take forever to come to India .... we can never hope to copy the japs ... The average Internet speed in japan is 63mbps now

*i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt52/Indianrep/broadbandspeedchart.jpg​

utsav

damn busy...

This is supposed to offer speeds on mobile what them south koreans get on basic broadband (in english: speed'll download CD ISOs in 10 mins flat).

also drain complete battery in 15 mins flat:lol::-D

Maxfx

Broken In
Dont wait for 4G ... it ll take forever to come to India .... we can never hope to copy the japs ... The average Internet speed in japan is 63mbps now

India is NOWHERE in the List...............................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ If some of us can get it in here - guess what ? he will download the whole internet itself :p

And another jaw dropping thing is :

Japan stands at top, having average broadband speed of 60Mbps and average cost $0.27 per 1Mbps. On the other side, U.S. has an average of 4.8Mbps and pay $3.33 per 1Mbps, putting U.S at 15th.

& Here is the graph image : ( The image is large enough - so I had not posted the image in here )

*files.redux.com/images/b3a38a65dc1991703826b71ef1d2e752/raw

Source : *www.taranfx.com/blog/internet-speeds-and-cost-worldwide-graph

OP
bhushan2k

bhushan2k

nice info buddy...honestly India stands nowhere in that list...here we are talking about India is becoming superpower and guess what?? we don't have faster bandwidth here...we should blame to government...

Hok

Broken In

India is no where on the list but I think average speed for India would be 115 kbps:)), honestly speaking and using the fact that majority of Indians are on DIALUP.

amol48

Searching...
^^India might have AVG. speed of 115kbps BUT thing is that too isn't reliable connectivity :D. Half of the times in smaller cities and rural areas the internet is down!

From the above chart it seems like Poland pays the most for internet charges and Japan the least! If were to find India's cost for a 1mbps UL connection then it would be at least Rs.1600 or $34 approx making India one of the costliest nation in BB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom