45,000 all in one computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalitmohanchawla

Right off the assembly line
i need to buy a 45,000 (monitor psu,ups,mouse) included computer, i already have a quantum usb keyboard

i have chosen basic config from smc website but did not find ups included also only razor gaming mice were listed which i do not need them, i want a ups for 550 watt output

i need suggestion in changing config for total cost to be within 45,000 rs and more only if it is really required

i understand that are busy and i have many queries so i am listing only my config and basic information and query format as suggested by think digit format time and effort following which i have given details about my queries which you may read if you have time

Name SKU Price Quantity / Update Subtotal
AMD Athlon™ II X4 645
ADX645WFGMBOX 6,400.00 6,400.00
ASUS M4A87TD-EVO
Prod3050 6,400.00 6,400.00
Gskill Ripjaws 1333 DDR3 4GB Kit
Prod112 3,750.00 3,750.00
Corsair 550VX PSU
Prod3187 4,750.00 4,750.00
Cooler Master Elite 430 Normal/Transparent Panel
Panel Type: Transparent RC-430-KWN1 2,800.00 2,800.00
Samsung B2030
Prod3241 6,500.00 6,500.00
Seagate Barracuda 500 GB
Prod108 1,800.00 1,800.00
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 1GB- Out of stock.
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 1GB 11,200.00 11,200.00
X MINI VI.I Capsule Speaker
XMINI1.1 900.00 900.00
Subtotal: 44,500.00
Tax Total: 0.00

Total: 44,500.00

basic doubt 5770 vs 6850

1. What is the purpose of the computer?
a: game making,game playing,be able to play all kinds of games at atleast 20 fps i don't care about graphic quality much,being able to run large codes of pygame without frustrating running times,being able to do some vedio editing too and watch movies.

2. re you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
i am not amd/intel/nvidia/ati fanboy i just chose amd for symmetry (does it matter?)
3. What is your MAX budget?
i am not amd/intel/nvidia/ati fanboy i just chose amd for symmetry (does it matter?, i mean do ati cards fare better with amd rather than intel?)
4. Planning to overclock?
no
5. Which OS are you planning to use?
don't include os price in budget, i will use windows 64 bit
6. How much hard drive space is needed?
500gb
7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?
i think 20'' medium/low quality screen
8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10?
5 ...i know what is flip/flops,kernel,bus,cmos,cache is i just don't know what kingston/msi/croshair is
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
i got it assembled but did not choose parts myself just bought what dealer said was great and got duped(10 years ago) and have been using a laptop since last 2 years but it cries even in counter strike so i need a new machine.
10. When are you planning to buy the system?
within a month
11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
yes, somewhat mentioned in detail below
12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
keyboard,gaming mouse( i need a simple mouse but not absolute crap)
13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
delhi, i am buying from nehru place ,most probably smc,i do not want to buy online
14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary

ofcourse here......:-

q1:are prices updated frequently on site?
q2:do on shop prices vary from on site prices?
q3:they include tax right?
q4:how are after sales service of smc?
q5:do they give assembled product or assemble it at my home?
q6:can they assemble it infront of me on request i am a bit paranoid after hearing of fake cards sold in cost to cost

q8:i also need to add a ups and a simple mouse this may cost another 3000 right?

q9:can i somehow squeeze the total price upto 45,000 what changes do you suggest in above configuration??

q10:how much bulk discount and/or christmas discount can i get??

q11:should i rather wait for christmas sales to clear?

q12:are prices likely to drop in a month??

most probable change..
6850 vs 6870 vs 5770??

q13:but how important is memory bandwidth as compared
to core speed

i have no intentions of overclocking,
q14:should i go for crossfire route and buy cheaper now and another 2 years later or a great bang for buck and only 2000 rupees costlier card for 4 years
do crossfire cause too much heat should

q15:i go for vapor versions will i need higher psu if i crossfire at later date ? well that will be another 2000 rupees!!! will buying cooling fans n all help balance heat how much will they cost ??

q16:also why are 6870 and 6850 crossfires better than their 58 conterparts while single they are worse???

q17:can i crossfire 57 series with a 68 serious in future for efficient increase? or
q18:will i have to search for only 128 bandwidth version because 128 bit will be bottleneck anyhow in future with a 128+256 setup

q19:how long before my cpu bottlenecks at low-mid settings

q20:if i want to play all games for a few say 4 years
even if it has to be at minimal settings rather
than i want to play all games maxed out for
atleast 2 years and then upgrade i don't care much about graphics i just need to be able to play all games in next 4 years at low-
mid graphics without fps falling below 20

q21:game-debate, a site predicts that 5770 will be 2%
better than recommended specs for grid 2 in
2012,is that safe enough ? while 6850 will be 34%
better, is that ovekill? i need to play that game
and prototype 2 is also confirmed to be released
in the same year and maybe darksiders 2 will also
be released

q22:how important is eyefinity,physicx,cuda while
choosing a card?

q23:how important is msi vs saphire vs xlx difference?

q24:also i do not want multiple monitor support do i save somthing??

q25:i have no intentions of overclocking do i save something???

q26:i will either buy within a week or wait for new year or maybe even wait for 21 feb,my birthday if prices are likely to drop but not any longer i although need a machine like right now to play need for speed hot pursuit released this month
q27:what should i do wait or buy???

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
AMD Athlon II X4 635 @ 4.4k
Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H @ 8k [will support Crossfire, has SATA3 6gbps and USB 3.0]
2*2GB Gskill/Kingston 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM @ 3k
500GB WD Caviar Blue @ 1.7k
Sapphire/MSI HD 6850 @ 11.3k
Corsair VX550 PSU @ 4.8k [only go for this. Avoid Cooler Master PSUs at every cost]
CM Elite 430 cabinet @ 2.6k
LG DVD Writer @ 0.9k
BenQ G2220HD monitor @ 7.5k [Full HD 1920x1080 monitor]
Logitech USB mouse @ 0.25k

Total @ 45k

APC 800VA UPS @ 3.5k

1) You can't crossfire AMD graphic cards from different sub-series. For best scaling, it is always best to crossfire same GPUs.
2) No, idea about Christmas discounts.
3) HD 6850 is the minimum imho if you think of playing future games at decent resolutions and settings; HD 5770 is the minimum for the present imho.
4) The 68xx series has great crossfire scaling.
5) AMD supports Eyeinfinity i.e. multi-screen gaming whereas nVidia supports PhysX and CUDA. PhysX is a gimmick but CUDA is a good thing to have if you are into rendering etc.
6) MSI and Sapphire both are good brands. Go for any one of them. Avoid XFX due to their service issues.
7) Buying now or waiting is your decision. We can't help you in that.

OP
L

lalitmohanchawla

thanks for replying,
i chose 550 psu to keep a future crossfire in mind but now i am not sure about it,
should i go for,
1 card now+cheap motherboard(no crossfire support)+cheap psu ->>>> change card in future and throw/sell old card at cheap price
OR
1 card now+costly motherboard(crossfire support)+costly psu for future crossfire->>>>>>>>add another card in future
if 68 does not scale well with 57 i doubt if i should go for crossfire as 6850 can carry my load 3 years by that time it will be completely outdated in market what do you say???

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Leave crossfire for now. you dont have that much budget. you will need to spend on Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H @ 8k mobo, Corsair TX650W @ 6.5k, better cabinet. by this you will have to lower the processor a lot. also crossfire for a 20" screen is waste. get a single fast card later like GTX570 or so by saving and selling current one.

AMD Phenom II x4 955BE @ 7.2k
ASUS M4A87TD EVO @ 6.4k
G.Skill F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH (2Gx2) @ 3.7k
Sapphire HD6850 @ 11.2k
Seagate 500GB 7200.12 @ 1.7k
LG 22X SATA DVD @ 0.9k
Corsair VX550W @ 4.7k
NZXT GAMMA @ 2k
Benq G2220HD 22" @ 7.3k

Total - 45.1k

get APC 800VA @ 3.5k, Logitech MX518 @ 1.2k later.

OP
L

lalitmohanchawla

Leave crossfire for now. you dont have that much budget. you will need to spend on Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H @ 8k mobo, Corsair TX650W @ 6.5k, better cabinet. by this you will have to lower the processor a lot. also crossfire for a 20" screen is waste. get a single fast card later like GTX570 or so by saving and selling current one.

AMD Phenom II x4 955BE @ 7.2k
ASUS M4A87TD EVO @ 6.4k
G.Skill F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH (2Gx2) @ 3.7k
Sapphire HD6850 @ 11.2k
Seagate 500GB 7200.12 @ 1.7k
LG 22X SATA DVD @ 0.9k
Corsair VX550W @ 4.7k
NZXT GAMMA @ 2k
Benq G2220HD 22" @ 7.3k

Total - 45.1k

get APC 800VA @ 3.5k, Logitech MX518 @ 1.2k later.
thanks a lot i will buy that sans the sata dvd

OP
L

lalitmohanchawla

thank you all for replying, my previous profile is facing some problem some extra cautious spam protection measures maybe...
i need to know one last thing before i go out to buy and i needed to know urgently so this is my other profile.....

1)where did you get your prices from (above) they seem cheaper, i got mine from smc and i am planning to buy from nehru place any advice for a particular shop (read cheap) will be greatly appreciated, i have never bought anything from there before
2)how do i calculate required va and watt for ups and what does evo mean in terms of a motherboard? what is the difference between ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 and ASUS M4A87TD-EVO

thank you all and merry christmas :)

Last edited:

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
ok your previous ID should work now....please use it. :) I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

lmc has been merged into lalitmohanchawla. If it doesn't, drop me a PM.

+1 to Jaskanwar's configuration from me too. Infact, AMD Phenom II X4 955BE is only 6.75k on SMC now. :)

Piyush

Lanaya
u can go for a better card than 6850 if
1>if go for AMD athlon II x4 635
2>go for MSI 880gma e45 mobo

the above 2 options will make upto 4k or something which u can use it to buy 6870 instead of 6850

NOTE:the above 2 rigs are absolutely fine
i gave this tip only if u consider to buy a more powerful card

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
thank you all for replying, my previous profile is facing some problem some extra cautious spam protection measures maybe...
i need to know one last thing before i go out to buy and i needed to know urgently so this is my other profile.....

1)where did you get your prices from (above) they seem cheaper, i got mine from smc and i am planning to buy from nehru place any advice for a particular shop (read cheap) will be greatly appreciated, i have never bought anything from there before
2)how do i calculate required va and watt for ups and what does evo mean in terms of a motherboard? what is the difference between ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 and ASUS M4A87TD-EVO

thank you all and merry christmas :)

these are smc online prices. SMC international
another option for UPS is Numeric 1KVA @ 4k or so.
the evo version has 8+1 phase power design. this is particularly beneficial for 125w cpus like the 955BE and when you oc. it delivers a more clean power to the processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom