ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
So , a 3g phone is required . Hsdpa is a must. The main usage is surfing and talking. I'm thinking about a business phone. I would also like to have the video call feature. Good battery backup is must.In what minimum budget can i get these features.
And when will other companies such as reliance etc. Will launch 3g?

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
u have 3 choice from me which have HSDPA and secondry cam for video calling

1. SE Naite

*img.gsmarena.com/vv/bigpic/se-naite.jpg
Cost between 5.5k-6k

2. Samsung Monte

*img.gsmarena.com/vv/bigpic/samsung-s5620-monte-new.jpg
Cost 8k-9k

3. Nokia C5

*img.gsmarena.com/vv/bigpic/nokia-c5.jpg
Cost around 8k

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

K so the naite is the cheapest. Please also suggest some qwerty phone. And are spice and micromax etc. Phones worth considering for a usage of 2-3 years or even more. And does anyone know when will companies like reliance launch 3g?

Terabyte

In the zone
Launch of 3G will be at the year end about November I suppose.
I don't think spice and micromax are worth considering for video calling(although I wonder whether they have any model with front camera).
Why you need qwerty keypad when your usage is surfing and calling?

sujoyp

Grand Master
I tried to search through micromax,lava,videocon,karbonn but none have any 3g mobile..

U better get Nokia E63..its a good phone with all u need

If u need plain qwerty mobile Corby TXT is a good option

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

E63 does not have video call and hsdpa i believe.does corby txt have both these features?
As the phone will be used for quite a few years. I want to get a qwerty. Its much easier to type.
I want to spend around 7-8k. If i dont get a good phone right now i'm willing to wait till november.

sujoyp

Grand Master
As per now there is no other mobile which matches ur specs(without qwerty)..If u want u can wait more:wink:

suyash_123

Techno Freak
i also say better u Wait

Nokia is bringing 5-6 new phone in sept like C7, N8 etc
Htc also and Many company are going to Launch new Phone Near Diwali

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

i guess i will ... wait
by the time 3g launches.. a lot of phones will be launched...
hope something is launched which meets my requirements

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

just found out about it..
what abt the inq chat 3g guys?
is it any good?
have read reviews abt it being slow?

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

no, i stopped buying digit like 2 years ago....

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

phones that match my needs..
these are what i've found out till now

nokia e71
samsung omnia pro b7320
Samsung B7330 OmniaPRO
Samsung B6520 Omnia PRO 5(going to be launched in q3... dont know when it'll come to india)

but all are above 10k so i'll wait for price drops...

i'm going to checkout motorola and lg etc. later

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

2 more phones

LG gw550
nokia e55

all the phones are outta my budget...
so in the end it seems a wait till the end of the year is the best option

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Dear, I believe that u shud not go for at least the LG ones, as I own an LG phone and believe me it's terrible after the exipry of the warranty. U will not b able to get it serviced even at the LG Service centres, forget about any third party vendors. I've seen that the battery life is also poor. I severely recommend u to go in for Nokia. If u could afford around 14K, then u should go in for the C6, as it looks promising, and meets all ur requirements, with a good set of features. Nokia has announced it's official launch date to be somewhere in the first week of September. U can also consider to wait a little bit as all prices of all nokia phones do decline sharply after their launch. So u should be able to get a good deal on the C6 around Diwali. Also, do consider the operating system of the phone. What I believe is you should go in for at least a Symbain S60 device. You can also check out the range of HTC. They have launched some exciting handsets such as the HTC Touch Smart, which I believe is somewhere around 8.5K. You can further go and check GSMArena.com - GSM phone reviews, news, opinions, votes, manuals and more....

Last edited:
Top Bottom