3G phone for temporary use in US

davidralte

Right off the assembly line
Dear all respected members,
I am visiting USA next month, I would like to buy a mobile phone which can be used for 3G services out there (AT&T / T-Mobile networks). Can anyone please tell me which make and model shall I have to buy or the primary specification of Cellphone required for the purpose.

Reagrds

davidralte

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Hello,

Please specify budget.

You can buy a Nokia N73 as you are only looking for temporary phone.

Its a good quad band phone with 3.2 mp camera(with flash) and a nice front facing cam.

Its good a large screen suitable for web surfing.

aakashdave11

Gadget gyan dispenser
i would suggest go there and buy if you would like to use it there only.....as you can get decent devices for free but on contract...which one has to use in US

Also Cheap ones available for as low as $50 on prepaid plans.....

Maybe you can use it for few months and then while returning bring the device with u and unlock it :).....

p>S:requires a local address etc to get one

OP
D

davidralte

Right off the assembly line
Hello,

Please specify budget.

You can buy a Nokia N73 as you are only looking for temporary phone.

Its a good quad band phone with 3.2 mp camera(with flash) and a nice front facing cam.

Its good a large screen suitable for web surfing.

Thanks for the reply... sorry I forgot to mention my budget, its below 25000INR.

i would suggest go there and buy if you would like to use it there only.....as you can get decent devices for free but on contract...which one has to use in US

Also Cheap ones available for as low as $50 on prepaid plans.....

Maybe you can use it for few months and then while returning bring the device with u and unlock it :).....

p>S:requires a local address etc to get one

Thanks for the reply, well, local address thing would be a problem. And for the second advise, I will be equally in doubt if I bring the device back home and would work in our country or not! :)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
if you are planning for a long term use and if you have budget of 25k, check these:

1. Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc (slightly higher than 25k but is one heck of a phone)
2. HTC Desire S
3. HTC Incredible S
4. HTC Mozart

Do note that AT&T uses different 3G bands and typical Indian phones may not be compatible with AT&T's 3G network.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
davidralte said:
I will be
equally in doubt if I bring the device
back home and would work in our
country or not!
It would work as long as the phone you brought back is quad band Gsm and it is not locked to any network.

Also, you will need suitable power socket and charger to use it.

aakashdave11

Gadget gyan dispenser
woah!!!
25k for a temporary phone ...dude what are you earning?,...just kidding

If you have 25k.....you can get the top 10% devices in india...
In US
:get one on a contract and enjoy...no hassels....also for the address and other details......give the reference of the place you are visiting if i assume it is for work/buisness....

:would recommend not to dump 25k...get a cheaper alternative aroung $150...will do the most of the work sans the galmour and tech

amitava82

MMO Addict
Walk into Walkmart or Radioshack and pick up a prepaid disposable phone. Looking at your posts, I'm pretty sure you don't have a SSN or any credit rating. So, you can forget about getting a contract. Oh, be prepared to pay hefty bills depending on your usage.

Top Bottom