3DNow! Vs HyperThreading

Status
Not open for further replies.

gr8prash

Broken In
I hav heard lots of vendors comparing 3DNow! and HT saying both r equivalent. How much truth lies in it???
Share ur knowledge about these technologies.

[flAsh]

In the zone
:lol: tru it seems u r being duped!!!
3Dnow! is a special instruction 2 accelerate games and othr apps supporting this technology.
HT is a totally different stuff. It is a multiprocessing instruction which makes 1 processor act as 2. c the difference.
one more thing very few apps r there optimized 4 these special instructions

G

gxsaurav

3DNow & HT both are good, 3Dnow is just instruction while HT is technology

Really it's HT vs HT, both have their goods & bads, but in the end U benifit no matter what U buy

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Hyperthreading is a technology related to multitasking.HyperTransport is a bus between the CPU & the Northbridge, just like the FSB.
I wonder how both of these are comparable?

[flAsh]

In the zone
the comparison was between 3Dnow!! n HyperThreading. not between below ones
HyperTransport shud be compared with united form of FSB and PCI bus (b'coz HyperTransport communictes with all the peripherals including PCI bus and AGP and Memory but FSB communicates only with memory and Graphics dept.)

G

gxsaurav

Then the compition is not fair

HyperTransport = a Bus between CPU & other periferals
Hyperthreading = A technology of doing multiple tasks
3DNow = An instruction set made specifically for gaming , not for applications

darklord

Cyborg Agent
[flAsh said:
]the comparison was between 3Dnow!! n HyperThreading. not between below ones
HyperTransport shud be compared with united form of FSB and PCI bus (b'coz HyperTransport communictes with all the peripherals including PCI bus and AGP and Memory but FSB communicates only with memory and Graphics dept.)

I am not a pro like you,care to explain in detail what you are trying to say? :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom