3D sound technology

dalbir

Broken In
5.1 ,7.1 and Dolby Digital are old technology now.
We are on the edge of a new technology called 3D sound technology.
Soon we will be experiencing a new kind of sound.
It is called 3D sound.
It is totally different from the older sounds that was experienced only from the front and sides.
Now this 3D sound will be coming even from above our heads, from the roofs.
It will give the ultimate experience and feeling like we are present at that particular place.
This will give us the sound as the drops are dropping on our heads and the fighter planes have passed just above our heads.
I hope it will give us some great movie experience...............:-D

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
It actually has been around for quite some time now. I have a vague recollection of demoing it on my N70 pretty long time back.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
N70? Nokia?

How??

actually i had heard one amazing piece called "A Virtual Barber Shop." it was pretty cool. put on my headphones, i closed my eyes and for a moment i had the feeling of being in a barber shop, having a hair cut. but it was stereo all along.

Kirtu Jindal

Broken In
Some CE brands have started introducing the "3D Sound Systems", mostly to augment their 3D TV offerings. I remember reading LG and Sony having introduced a range of 3D sound systems - but they are pricey - ranging from 25K to 65K.

rosx4uj

Broken In
WAW!!! This kind technology will surely thrill in Cinema halls. Specially Horror movie watching will be more thrilling.

3D technology in Sound .... It sounds good for me.

Indirajayan

Broken In
Is that in the links?Thanks!

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhzAk-XzmYQ

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=HahhLftFsOM

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsOSWP1Vu6c

Last edited:

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
^^^^ Yes Smarty pants , as if we can use Dolby Atmos with headphones at home. Dolby Atmos is rooted towards professional cinema so no home use r end user now.Whereas 3D sound is spread towards gaming,movies,home music, mobiles etc.

amjath

Human Spambot
OP's post is not about sound technology specific to headphones or home media. So I'm introducing Dolby Atmos which is available only in Chennai Cinema Sound Technology - Dolby Atmos

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Thats what i mean. Dolby Atmos will take some time to gradually evolve and reach your home and find general usage,whereas 3D sound (tough i am not a big fan of it) is already there in TV, mobiles PC etc.And the members here were discussing that. My vent was your usage of strong words
Do you guys live in caves or something, ever heard of Dolby Atmos
which was unneeded as its not even used in general.

There are lots of technology for specific needs but until it reaches masses and general usage which the members were discussing in their day to day life, plugging one bit off specific to premium cinemas and stomping others ignorance with your technology which isn't relevant to this thread, I felt was in a bad taste.

Peace. !

doomgiver

Warframe
too bad, it already exists, and is called "surround" sound.

this is totally stupid, surround sound tech exists, yet, everyone is off running for the "3D sound" bandwagon.
now pay the huge pricetag and repent.

Minion

Conversation Architect
N70? Nokia?

How??

actually i had heard one amazing piece called "A Virtual Barber Shop." it was pretty cool. put on my headphones, i closed my eyes and for a moment i had the feeling of being in a barber shop, having a hair cut. but it was stereo all along.

Its known as hoographic sound.

tonydisalva

Broken In
Hello

It actually has been around for quite some time now.
3d sound technology is new about the more details please informed.

Top Bottom