30k for ram mono n proccesor cabinet

Hariman

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:
Crysis 3 , prototype 2 , gta v , adobe after effects , 3d softwares
2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:32k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:unlikely but maybe maybe in future maybe

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:W7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:I have two

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:nah I got 20 inch

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:
got all except mobo ram processor n cabinet
8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: 10 days or week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:
many times

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Mumbai nah il buy from lamengton

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: hey yeh will I need a cooler if I don't over lock??

And shall I get a gskill 8gb stick or corsair 8gb stick
I'm sticking to i5 3570k
And that much ram and this cabinet nzxt elite 210 white one

Which motherboard to get :( so hard to pick
Gigabyte
Asrock is it really that good ..??
Asus ?

I can spend 10k on motherboard

Thank you

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
so u want 4 in 30k...yes?

some suggestion...3570K is not really worth it..save the money....get 2500k
Component
Model
Price
Processor
Motherboard
Asus P8Z77 M
Ram
Gskill Ripjaws X 4Gb
Cabinet
Elite 431 +
Total

All prices from flipkart...street prices would be lower....

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
@OP: Only change Cabinet to: NZXT Source 210 @2.4K
It will save ~1.3K and it also have cable management feature.
And, street prices are indeed lower than flipakrt price.
For example, that 4GB RAM suggested in the above post is availible @1.5K
Price of 2500K is ~12.2K+tax

OP
H

Hariman

Broken In
so u want 4 in 30k...yes?

some suggestion...3570K is not really worth it..save the money....get 2500k
Component
Model
Price
Processor
Motherboard
Asus P8Z77 M
Ram
Gskill Ripjaws X 4Gb
Cabinet
Elite 431 +
Total

All prices from flipkart...street prices would be lower....

Don't get me wrong but what do u mean by not worth it?

It seems much better right

I was planning to get 8gb ram

Well I was gonna do this
15k processor
10k mobo
3'5 ram
2.5 cabby

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door

Well I was gonna do this
15k processor
10k mobo
3'5 ram
2.5 cabby

see....when it comes to Ivy bridge vs sandy bridge...gaming wise there is NO improvement with the IVY..and as u already said u will overclock..the 2500K is a better candidate,with proper cooling u can hit pretty high speeds.
so keeping those points in mind 2500K is better than 3570K in this case.

OP
H

Hariman

Broken In
see....when it comes to Ivy bridge vs sandy bridge...gaming wise there is NO improvement with the IVY..and as u already said u will overclock..the 2500K is a better candidate,with proper cooling u can hit pretty high speeds.
so keeping those points in mind 2500K is better than 3570K in this case.

Gaming vise ivy has 5 to 10 percent boost

What bout program's and stuff

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Gaming vise ivy has 5 to 10 percent boost

What bout program's and stuff

5-8% (max) boost with IB is measured only in very few games and that too with ultra settings.
Now in real world scenario, you won't recognize that small difference.
Above all, SB, *here 2500K) have better overclocking ability than IB.
And, in India, presently, IB is too much costly. ~15K i7 IB should have been sold, not i5.

Buy 2500K and get a descent CPU cooler like Hyper 212 EVO with the saved 2K.

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz

Well I was gonna do this
15k processor
10k mobo
3'5 ram
2.5 cabby
I was in the same dilemma but finally inquiring around for 2 weeks i settled with i5 2500k. Honestly saying if there hadn't been this much of a price difference then I would have gone for IB also. But the present price difference between IB and SB is not justified at all. SB's performance is at par with IB and its one hell of a overclocker. In gaming you won't notice any difference at all. Only in few games and applications IB provides extra around 5% boost under certain conditions but as you are going to overclock so that difference would be eliminated as well. IB is not worth it at the present price point IMO. Just my personal opinion.

Last edited:
OP
H

Hariman

Broken In
I was in the same dilemma but finally inquiring around for 2 weeks i settled with i5 2500k. Honestly saying if there hadn't been this much of a price difference then I would have gone for IB also. But the present price difference between IB and SB is not justified at all. SB's performance is at par with IB and its one hell of a overclocker. In gaming you won't notice any difference at all. Only in few games and applications IB provides extra 5% boost but as you are going to overclock so that difference would be eliminated as well. IB is not worth it at the present price point IMO. Just my personal opinion.

Ahh interesting well I'm making up my mind il post my build soon ;)

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
I was in the same dilemma but finally inquiring around for 2 weeks i settled with i5 2500k. Honestly saying if there hadn't been this much of a price difference then I would have gone for IB also. But the present price difference between IB and SB is not justified at all. SB's performance is at par with IB and its one hell of a overclocker. In gaming you won't notice any difference at all. Only in few games and applications IB provides extra 5% boost but as you are going to overclock so that difference would be eliminated as well. IB is not worth it at the present price point IMO. Just my personal opinion.

Please refrain from posting your imagination about performance about IB.

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
Not imagining infact i read it here on in this very forum and on some other forums as well. I just forgot to mention "for some applications" after 5 %. Anyway it was my personal opinion. I will edit it now.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
My meaning of the post is 5% improvement is more theoritical (analytical). It is also my opinion though.

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
You are absolutely correct that is just theoretical and from what i have read it runs hotter than SB as well so requires better cooling for overclocks. That's why I suggested to go for SB rather than IB. I am sorry if i have created any kind of confusion. I would also like to add that it was exactly what i was trying to convey in my last post but couldn't put it in words satisfactorily. Hope i have made myself clear now.