3000+ OR 3200+

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandar5

Youngling
A good friend of mine is planning to buy AMD ATHLON 64 based processor for Gaming.He says he wants to save few bucks on processor and invest in 6600 nonGT card.So can neone plz tell me whats the price of 3200+ and 3000+(939 pin) processor?Is there any major diff in performance while playing games in 3000+ and 3200+?
Also shold he opt for Ati RS 480 chipset based mobo or NVIDIA NFORCE 4 Chipset?He says he wants decent onboard video and sound controller with lan card.
Plz reply soon
Thanking you,
Mandar, :)

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
now.. 1st thing... opt for 3200 even higher.. as u r going for a good external grafics card so there is a mejor section where u can save lots of money... thats in the chip set section... no need for ATI or Nforce based motherboard, as u r getting a external grafics card so opt for a VIA based motherboard with PCIe slot.. :D that will save some money... so u can invest in processor section or in the grfx section...

hafees

In the zone
Dont buy low quality board. This doesn't mean all VIA boards are bad. But they have many cheap products. Go for nforce 4 chipset based boards sicne they offer better performance. Generally, nForce based higher end motherboards doesn't have an inbuilt graphics card. Since your friend is interested in buying a good graphics card, that is not a problem. And for sound these high end m/b offers atleast 5.1 channel audio. There may not be big difference between a 3000 and 3200 AMD processor. If you r on a tight budget, you can safely ly choose AMD 64 3000 and buy additional RAM for that price. 1 GB of RAM recommended.

readermaniax

Ambassador of Buzz
For the hardware prices check -> www.npithub.com

I preffer hat you should do what hafees says

for sound these high end m/b offers atleast 5.1 channel audio.
It helps when you play games like doom, quake 4, etc on your pc ...

There may not be big difference between a 3000 and 3200 AMD processor.
When buying a 3000 AMD processor you can save money ..

buy additional RAM for that price. 1 GB of RAM recommended.
AS you are shopping for gaming purposes 1Gb is the minmum requirement and you should upgrade it to 1.5 Gb to 2 Gb in aorund 1.5years

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hafees said:
Dont buy low quality board. This doesn't mean all VIA boards are bad. But they have many cheap products.

cheap product doesnt allways mean bad quality...

why invest more over nforce system... those VIA range product (Motherboard) from MSI isnt a bad deal at all.. does have all the feature, take a example... compare with ATI based mobo (RS480) a VIA based mobo, say K8 system... well the those VIA based system has more feature... also u have to think of the budget too... as gaming system... so a more ram a good grfx card... chipset here wont matter... (though keep in mind that mother board must support DDR 2 and the 3200 porcessor)...

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
@saurav_cheeta ... DDR2 for AMD won't be available until AM2 comes out... chipset matters the most... check out performance difference between lets say the nforce3 and the nforce4 with the same components and you'll know what I mean.... and cheap doesnt mean bad... my older mobo was an MSI K8mmv... I paid 2.4k... the system had no stability issues and memory bandwidth efficiency was 95%....

the 6600 won't be bottlenecked by a 3000+ so it's a better deal compared to the 3200+

You could take a look at the 6100/6150 based mobos... Im using one and i feel its value for money... I changed from a via k8m800 based board to switch to PCIe... go for a PCIe based board even if it costs more... rite now a 6600 PCIe is several hundred rupees cheaper than an equivalent 6600 AGP (at least in Cal)... tho no noticeable performance difference

janitha

Wise Old Owl
saurav_cheeta said:
hafees said:
Dont buy low quality board. This doesn't mean all VIA boards are bad. But they have many cheap products.

cheap product doesnt allways mean bad quality...

why invest more over nforce system... those VIA range product (Motherboard) from MSI isnt a bad deal at all.. does have all the feature, take a example... compare with ATI based mobo (RS480) a VIA based mobo, say K8 system... well the those VIA based system has more feature... also u have to think of the budget too... as gaming system... so a more ram a good grfx card... chipset here wont matter... (though keep in mind that mother board must support DDR 2 and the 3200 porcessor)...

1.how can you say chipset is not important?
2.Pl tell me which current A64 Mobo support DDR2.
And correct me if I am wrong

V.Prem Kumar

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
yeah... typos... no DDR2 for AMD64 right now..

now for the chipset issue... atleast I didnt see any performance factor in VIA with nforce.. only diffrence i see when i run onboard video... otherways when running a external card... i felt thats waste of money in going for a nforce or ati set...

earlier i used to think that mobo should be nforce of ati, i also went for few system in that manner in our cafe... but later when running 2 system side by side... i dont see any performance diffrence... with a VIA chipset or nfore (while both runnng a same grfx card & config)....

yes the big difference comes at the onboard video section... otherways for my personal experiance i really feel that while chosing a external card, nforce would waste of money, rather VIA is the best value for money.... :wink: :wink:

zerohourkill

Broken In
hmmm well im using 3000+ on my ferarri 3400 laptop...wokrs out perfectly for me, i can play all lastest games and stuff...but obvisouly 3200 will be much faster, but more expensive, so i guess if i have the money buy 3200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom