3 years old non working dell studio 1555

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrinmoy

Playing The Game
SOLD

For Sale !

HI guys I want to sell my Dell Laptop(non working condition), its 3 years old, below are the details:

Model Name: Dell Studio 1555
OS: Original Windows 7 Home Premium and Windows Vista Home Premium
Display: 15.6 inch WLED screen, resolution 1366x768
Memory: 4Gb DDR2
Processor: Intel core 2 duo T6500
Graphic Card: Discrete ATI radeon HD4570 512Mb
Slot load dvd
90Watt adapter

Note: There is a chance I might be missing an item or two and I might not have mentioned it in the above list, interested buyers please PM me.

Time of Purchase: Nearly 3 years ago

Indian warranty valid/Remaining Warranty period: No

Reason for Sale: Want to buy new system.

Product Condition:
Everything is fine except that when power is pressed 7 beep sound came. The display is ok. Checked it by pressing 'd' button while pressing the power button. 3rd party service centre checked it and said that the processor is gone. And I will sell it without the HDD.

Accessories Included: Adapter, driver dvd, windows 7 home premium(original) and windows vista home premium(original) installation disc, cyberlink powerdvd 10 installation disc(full version), roxio creator de installation disc(full version), microsoft works 9 installation disc(full version). All ar oem specific i.e. can only be installed on a Dell system only.

Expected Price: 10600/-

Product Location: Dankuni, West Bengal

Preferred Courier: Blue Dart, EMS Speed post

Shipping Charges: Buyar

Payment Options: Cash, Bank transfer

Adapter.jpg

Bottom view.jpg

Open view.jpg

Top view.jpg

Last edited:

clmlbx

Technomancer
Generally I don't interfere in someone else business but I could not stop my self posting here

16K for not working laptop + processor gone and you will sell without HDD .. seriously are you out of your mind?

rider

as Kratos
Sorry to interfare in your business but I think 16000 bucks is much for that junk.
How it happen all in just 3 years? :?

OP
mrinmoy

mrinmoy

Playing The Game
Sorry I was gonna type 10600(8k for the lappy, 1k for adapter, 1.6k for the original cds.) Sorry for the typo.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i am not going to buy it even if you offer it for Rs.1600.have you even inquired about cost of replacing a cpu that too in a laptop?.also dell adapter is useless for non-dell brand laptops as well as those original cd's(since activation is locked because of being oem).the only useable part in this is ram nothing else(graphics card is soldered to mobo).keep the adapter if you are planning on buying another dell in future(from experience & those who don't know in dell laptops battery can only be charged by using dell adapters nothing else).

Naxal

Little Kid
Similar Processor is around 12k to 15k in Indian retail market and yes it can be sourced in India also. Secondly replacing is also not a very hard job, since it would be also a plug n play process.

Only hassle is sourcing the processor from any of the OEM service center using right contact.

So to get it running along with a modest Laptop HDD, one has to shell out around 20k to 22k extra over the price you have quoted. meaning total price pushed to at around 32k / 33k

Please note, an AMD A8 based gaming laptop with 3 year warranty is retailing at around 32k from HP.

Consider lowering the price to some reasonable value for a proper deal. or better to sell it some one who runs these repair shops since they can give you this price as they can use other parts like LCD / Motherboard / PSU / Battery separately to repair other faulty models supporting your config :mrgreen:

OP
mrinmoy

mrinmoy

Playing The Game
Similar Processor is around 12k to 15k in Indian retail market and yes it can be sourced in India also. Secondly replacing is also not a very hard job, since it would be also a plug n play process.

Only hassle is sourcing the processor from any of the OEM service center using right contact.

So to get it running along with a modest Laptop HDD, one has to shell out around 20k to 22k extra over the price you have quoted. meaning total price pushed to at around 32k / 33k

Please note, an AMD A8 based gaming laptop with 3 year warranty is retailing at around 32k from HP.

Consider lowering the price to some reasonable value for a proper deal. or better to sell it some one who runs these repair shops since they can give you this price as they can use other parts like LCD / Motherboard / PSU / Battery separately to repair other faulty models supporting your config :mrgreen:

thanks for the suggestion, can you suggest some such shop in kolkata?

tkin

Back to school!!
Hey, please visit Inox Computers in kolkata, they should give you a price, thing is since your laptop is not even booing up they'll not give you much, they gave me 4k for a HP530(C2D, 160GB HDD, 2GB RAM) without the dvd writer, but it was booting up, also take a look here: Other : Repair & Trade In Programe for Old Hardware

PS: Laptop CPU's are hard to get a hold of as they don't get sold in public, maybe in bulk quantity but not single units. So your laptop is as good as dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom