3 questions to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

New

Padawan
Hi friends.. I have got 4000rs in my pocket right now. I like to upgrade my lovely compaq presario1520il.Before upgrading i like to ask some questions...
1.In pc wizard 2008 it's showing DDR2(400mhz) is supported,Can i install both DDR and DDR2 on the samemotherboard?( Earlier i had installed 256*2 DDR in dual channel)
2.Which is the best PCI Express graphics card for around 2000 bucks( Only to Run Vista and not forgame)
3.Will new graphics card run with PSU of 250w?

xbonez

NP : Crysis
1. if u have 2 ram modules on the same mobo, they'll have to have the same freq. i'e. u can run 2 ram cards both @400mhz or both @ 33mhz. freq. must match

2. for around 2k i dont think u'll get any gfx card (let alone dx10 card). the least i can think of is 7300LE for about 2.5k

3. i guess an absolutely low-end gfx card should run on a 250W PSU, BUT I'M NOT SURE. IT MAY CAUSE SYS INSTABILITY

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Can i install both DDR and DDR2 on the samemotherboard?

Not possible... u have to use DDR RAMs which are costier than DDR2

2.Which is the best PCI Express graphics card for around 2000 bucks( Only to Run Vista and not forgame)

6200 LE will be able to run vista areo with ease :) but i suggest think for XHX 8400 GS is Rs. 2400/- + TAX :)

if its a branded one then yes possible... it should run upto 8400 :)

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
New said:
1.In pc wizard 2008 it's showing DDR2(400mhz) is supported,Can i install both DDR and DDR2 on the samemotherboard?( Earlier i had installed 256*2 DDR in dual channel)
Both DDR and DDR2 has different structure..and so have different slot.So, you can't fix DDR2 RAM in DDR supported motherboard.

you may need to upgrade your SMPS.However, before you buy new SMPS, try running system with graphics card.

Last edited:
OP
New

New

Padawan
Thank you very much for your suggestions..So i have to bring DDR only..:mad:
@choto cheeta
will go for XHX 8400 GS.Is XHX is a brand like nvidia?(newbie in graphics card)
Thank you...

Last edited:

shashank4u

Youngling
you have to upgrade your SMPS to prevent any future probs

and its better not to have any graphics card at that price ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom