2many hdd spoil the pc??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweety_bird_bunny

Journeyman
i recently bought seagate 7200rpm 80gb hdd...b4 that i had seagate 16gb hdd....but if i connect both of them while working on pc,, often the pc restarts by itself??where couild be the problem?? i have arranged the jumpers properly...
could the power suply of cabinet be faulty?

digen

Youngling
You are connecting the second hard disk while the system is on & running ? :shocked:
Dude i'm no hardware geek but if that is the case then its not a correct practise to do it imho,do correct me if I'm wrong.
I know about hot swapping of hardware for server systems but I doubt whether the same works in this case.

And oh your thread title is totally misleading & incorrect,I myself have 4 hard drives connected.One RAID 0 array & the other 2 back-up disks.

mako_123

Ambassador of Buzz
I faced the same problem but it turned out that i had two RAM chips of diffrent frequencies connected.

OP
tweety_bird_bunny

tweety_bird_bunny

Journeyman
hey dude..i ain't so stupid.....i connected the hdd while pc was turned off...
the title is not misleading its eye-catching... my ram chips are installed properly.. so could there be any problem with the power suply?
and so far no pc dealers that i have enquired know about RAID, though i have read about it on net n magazines....
i dnt know where to get RAID in india??from delhi?

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
The only raid that the wallas know is the one involving lots of policemen.
It could be your power supply. What's your wattage? Also, since u are changing things, ensure there's no loose connections.

digen

Youngling
Sorry if i mis-read but..
i recently bought seagate 7200rpm 80gb hdd...b4 that i had seagate 16gb hdd....but if i connect both of them while working on pc,

Anyways mentione the system specs along with the PSU ratings.

jagaqua9

Right off the assembly line
This is a simple case of under p[owered smps pl check it--go for 350 w smps--i have also 2 hdd no probs

wolfff

Broken In
It seems to be a power supply problem. U can try connecting both the Hdd and disconnecting the Optical / Floppy drives. Also if ur gfx card needs power from a hdd like connector disconnect that as well. So start ur compy with both hdd minus cd/dvd/floppy and c if it boots properly.
And if it does start properly..... u can buy a decent "branded" power supply of about 350W for around 1500 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom