2G/3G users from all over India

Which one is the best ISP when it comes to 2G/3G data connection?

• Total voters

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
will check for 3g signal in a location with proper 2g signal (even the 2g signal fluctuates here).

i don't think that even CC guys can help. most probably the bsnl tower is too far from my house. :(

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Update: Even with almost zero network, I'm getting around 460 kilobits/second on an average. :hyper:
Switching to wcdma only doesn't drops the network now. :D

OP
sahil1033

sahil1033

In the zone
Any idea about BSNL's 3G speeds? I was thinking of using data services on my smartphone. I've a BSNL number and also, BSNL has cheaper plans than Airtel, Vodafone and others.

D

Deleted member 118788

I want to switch from MTNL to a different provider due to bad 3G Coverage and Network Coverage in my area (Bhayander, Thane). I am looking at Reliance GSM. Anyone here have experience with it?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Trai just made data packs more affordable by increasing their validity to a year – Tech

Last month Trai had released a consultation paper on changing the regulations to allow for telecom service providers to sell data top up vouchers with longer validity. Today, it has released the amendment to the Consumer Protection Regulations, that allow this. The new regulations will come into effect after being published in the Official DoT Gazette.

The single point amendment changes the validity of top up data packs from 90 days to 365 days. This change is made to increase the use of internet in India, as well as retain new subscribers to internet data plans. New internet users are not familiar with the usage, and this means that they might not be able to use up the entire amount of data allocated to them, within the validity of the voucher.

Now, all we need to do is wait for those plans with year long validity :doublethumb:

bhvm

Journeyman
There WERE nice year long plans. Atleast BSNL had it.
There was a plan worth 3300 that gave 30GB for 1 year.
There was also one at 1250 for 12GB a year.

Many years ago, Airtel had UL 2g Plans for 999, 3 months val.

They spoiled it by making something like 4500 & only 2.5 GB per month (not dynamic 30 GB)
I haven't check with them again.

H2O

Journeyman
In Bhubaneswar, Odisha, Airtel is the best imo when it comes to speed and coverage. But its pricey as well.

I am using Reliance 3G sim for Data. Here, we have these data specific sims which we can buy for around Rs 200 bucks which have 1 GB + 1 GB for 56 days validity. Proper value for money!

Top Bottom