29'' tv as monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gr8usr

Broken In
I have been trying to find a way to use my 29'' tv as a monitor for my pc but have still not found a way that could properly replace a monitor.

Most AGP cards come with an Svideo out and an svideo to component converter cable can be used to connect to the TV but how is the quality?

If TVs are inferior to monitors in display of graphics then how is it that gaming consoles like xbox and PS provide amazing graphics on the same tv sets?

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Using a TV as a monitor is ok for gaming or watching videos, but for any application that involves text it's unusable. The resolution of a TV is too less to allow for text to be read.

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
Play a Game or View a Video on a TV using your PC.. and Of-Course you'll get AMAZING Experience.. :)

TV's Cannot View Static Images perfectly cuz its Refresh Rate is Just ~24Hz.. and its Resolution is Less than 640x480..

A PC Monitor on the Other Hand supports more than 2048*x and more than 140Hz..

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
@ gr8usr

U have to work hard for it. Just visit here and U can find method & information about it.

OP
G

gr8usr

Broken In
whoa thanks for the quick replies n well actually creating the whole circuit will take too much time..

so if i were to buy an agp card with video out and a converter cable i d able to watch movies n play games on the tv??

i really dont mind purchasing a bluetooth keyboard and mouse

n2casey said:
@ gr8usr

U have to work hard for it. Just visit here and U can find method & information about it.

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
gr8usr said:
so if i were to buy an agp card with video out and a converter cable i d able to watch movies n play games on the tv??

Yup! It'll Look real good.. and DO Purchase a good Gamepad for Racing Games.. and 29" TV!! :mrgreen:

(Like that "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" which costs 1600Rs. and its Basically a OFFICIAL Xbox Controller for Windows :) )

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
gr8usr said:

Yes you can play games and watch movies on the TV if your card has a TV out.

Don't buy a bluetooth keyboard and mouse. It's really expensive. Instead get a RF cordless keyboard and mouse.

OP
G

gr8usr

Broken In
OK..so i ll be buying the 6800GS AGP and shall be using its S-video out to connect to tv....
Does anyone know where i can buy a S-video to composite converter cable in pune or in india or on the web?
Also can it be elongated to about 20 ft ?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
One sugestion. Get a 7600GT AGP instead of 6800GS.
There is one risk in this bro,
some TVs produce back signals, ie small shocks on the vid input connectors which is enough for a gcard to burn out but it doesn,t harm other products like DVD player or digital receivers. SO u wont either get warranty for that card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom