25K update

clmlbx

Technomancer
Hi guys I need to upate my computer. I can spend 25K for now. Will be buying products ASAP. might buy tomorrow or as early as possible.

Need just processor,motherboard,Ram, Hard-disk (if possible). looking for only Intel processor. hopefully I5 4th Generation with 8GB of Ram

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
answer these *www.digit.in/forum/pc-components-c...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
answer these *www.digit.in/forum/pc-components-c...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

hi not to rude or so but I have already answered what is needed. let me make it more clear.

I have decided to buy I5 4th generation processor non k version you all suggest which one. need suggestions for compatible motherboard plus Ram

Hard-disk : 1tb

hope that makes clear

edit:

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: for heavy Photoshop, video & 3D work

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 25K

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: no

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Reusing my monitor Samsung 20 inch 1600 x 900

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: everything except processor,motherboard, ram, I also have hard disk but need one more to extend the space but then again hard disk can be skipped if not in budget

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: As early as possible . tomorrow or day after tomorrow

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: yes, I will build it

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Can buy online but would prefer locally

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: no,

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Intel Core i5 4570 -12900,
Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5500,
Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600Mhz -2800,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3800.
Total -25,000.

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
hmm guess I can not have hard disk for now as I need 8GB Ram can not compromise on that .

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
which PSU do you have? El Cheapos arent recommended and aren't AMD CPUs better for apps which OP is going to use?

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
I have Tagan 500W. My Personal Experience Intel Beats AMD at performance.

looks OK to me. IMO you dont need to change it. and AMD beats Intel for processes which dont need much single core power, but needs more cores. and i guess AMD would be better for you, tho you'll need to add a discrete GPU for video output.

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
Gpu is in my list but after Hard-disk, I currently have basic GPU which will do for now. Yes if we compare with price then AMD multi core is better then Intel Dual core. But comparing I5 with any AMD . I will say I5 wins. I have used AMD Too but I have seen Intel beating it's counterpart sometime little better then itself.. So I would prefer Intel for performance.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Gpu is in my list but after Hard-disk, I currently have basic GPU which will do for now. Yes if we compare with price then AMD multi core is better then Intel Dual core. But comparing I5 with any AMD . I will say I5 wins. I have used AMD Too but I have seen Intel beating it's counterpart sometime little better then itself.. So I would prefer Intel for performance.

i agree that i5 beats FX 8350 but on multi core tasks, FX 8350 wins :)

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I have Tagan 500W that I am currently using.

it is fine then.
My Personal Experience Intel Beats AMD at performance.

depends on the work you do ;)

do you already have a gpu with you? i5 has a better gaming experience over amd counter parts such as fx 8350. but for heavy rendering and video editing, fx 8350 is as fast as an i7 beating i5.

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
do you already have a gpu with you? i5 has a better gaming experience over amd counter parts such as fx 8350. but for heavy rendering and video editing, fx 8350 is as fast as an i7 beating i5.

Yes I have GPU Pretty basic but will do for now.. It is HD 5450. My maximum need for new hardware is for Photoshop as I work on very high resolution and complicated documents. Photoshop is top priority and I guess I5 is better in it.. While my second top will be video Editing and then 3D(rendering). but any how after using both for several years I have come to have faith & trust on Intel then AMD.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys need a quick answer is it ok if I take I5 4460 instead of 4570.

performance difference is too low but money difference is good

Only loss in performance I will have is 0.2ghz less turbo clock speed but money wise it is 1K+ cheaper

what do you guys think.

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
Sorry Guys, I was very busy so forgot to update here

I bought these items a week back (last monday)

Intel Core I5 4460 for Rs 11,142
Gigabyte B85m-D3H for Rs 5,380
corsair DDR3 vengeance 4GB x 2 for Rs 5,809
Iball cabinet for Rs 1020 w/o smps
LG sata DVD writer Rs 990 (because I had pata Drive and motherboard did not had pata port :sad: )

Plus 5% Vat Tax

Last edited:
Top Bottom