20K Lag Free Phone

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
lol FK already shipped it.. and I think I will be getting it tomorrow morning when I reach office at 11 AM :D ( I gave my office address ) .. I dont know if I will do any "work" tomorrow or not :lol:

funskar

Padawan
After lot of breaking my head, checking various devices.. I finally Ordered Atrix 2 for 18999 from FK :lol: .. it has got ICS update and JB should/"may" be out by year end.

COngrats.. put a review as soon u get it..
Btw its a great phone just like defy apart from moto service..
And you should have checkd out ebay atrix 2 wid 1 yr serve pro warranty fro 16k

vipul619

whodiswhodat
Micro-sim?
And yes, do put up a review! Phones in this range are really confusing, reviews would be really helpful!

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Got the phone in my hands :D.. it was delivered in the morning itself.. but our courier handler guy didn't come till 4 PM :/ . i.e., the product was delivered within 24 hrs :O ..

Anyway .. the phone fits my hand... I was quite surprised with that.. first impression is okayish.. thickness is also fine .. will need to update to ICS once I reach home .. .. till then I cannot comment much about the performance..

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Update..

The phone is quite good. Talk time is excellent in 2G, but on 3G it does drain the battery, still manageable. voice calls I do it on 2G and when I need heavy browsing I switch to 3G. I have a 2G/3G switching app installed which is quite handy .. so I get full days charge with moderate to heavy use. Over wifi also the battery lasts longer. when on 3G.. the phone get a little warm. Stock ICS launcher is okayish. was using Go Launcher. but it lags just a little. I am trying out a couple of other launchers.

The LCD developed a stuck/dead pixel about two weeks ago. called up FK and after the initial trouble shooting they are replacing my unit. :thumbsup:

Pros:
good solid feeling phone.. doesn't feel cheap.
wont smash any speed records but wont lag behind either.
Glass is good. not a single scratch till now even without a screen protector
8BM onboard storage :) apart form expandable storage

Cons
Not too bright, may be a little yellow tint.
Camera not too great but will do for casual snaps and recordings.
no Jelly Bean update. ICS 4.0.4 is the final official OTA update.

overall i'm very satisfied with the battery backup and performance of the device. FK keeps dropping the price .. currently its 18K, wait for another couple of weeks and it will drop to 16-17K.

I bought from FK cause of they 30day replacement policy(which is coming handy now) if I had gone for other vendors I might not have got this facility :p.

overall solid phone.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Stock ICS launcher is okayish. was using Go Launcher. but it lags just a little. I am trying out a couple of other launchers.

i have used a ton of launchers and most launchers found at PlayStore have became so bloated that they actually degrade performance. Try the Xperia S launcher from XDA. Light and smooth with sufficient customization option. Should support qHD resolution.

Not too bright, may be a little yellow tint.

it uses RGB display instead of RGBW (i guess RGBW is used in Razr) so less brightness but at least non-Pentile.

no Jelly Bean update. ICS 4.0.4 is the final official OTA update.

at least you are led by false promises of JB update that later gets denied or update arrives a year late. No update means no update.

currently its 18K, wait for another couple of weeks and it will drop to 16-17K.

its an EOL item. couple of weeks mean it'll disappear with the "permanently discontinued" tag.

Top Bottom