20K Lag Free Phone

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I want to replace my pathetic Galaxy 3 (Apollo). been fed up of it. My main requirement is a responsive phone with good battery backup.
I am also fed up with Samsung not providing proper fixes for issues... infact with Android . I can also wait for mid range Windows 8 Phones. currently I don't see any announced for my budget.

1. Budget?
15K -17K 20K no more.. already raised it from 17K..

2. Display type and size?
I have small palm, I noticed that 4" screen will be difficult to navigate with single hand. So screen size is less than 4"

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
Bar. I like the form factor of T-Mobile Sidekick, but its not available in India :p

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Samsung is not the first priority, I will avoid local brands.

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
1. Touch, if there are Qwerty mobiles I would like to know about them as well.

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
Im not a shutterbug so not a priority, but the photos should not turn out too pathetic.

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Android or Windows (can wait)

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
3G

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
Flash not required. GPS - Yes. DLNA would be a added advantage.

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
3G usage. Mails and Browsing. not much into small screen gaming ( ;) )

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
I was thinking about Xperia U, but I was very disappointed after using that phone for a while. I considered Galaxy Advance S, but looks like there is some issue with battery.

12. Any other info that you want to share
Things I will be using for.
Browsing / Data heavy apps.
E-Mails
"maybe" watch some streaming videos for an 30 mins or so while traveling.
Sync will always be on.
full time on 3G will switch to 2G during non usage to save battery :(
Battery should last for 13 hrs. This is the time I spend outside my home every working day (obviously I wont be using it continuously)

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Sony Xperia U: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com
Price: Rs. 16499 Instant Cashback Rs. 400 = Rs.16,099

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
:p
but tell us why were you disappointed. btw, Sony Live with Walkman, similar hw, small size. price= ~13.5k

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Neo l? htc one v?
Well see samsung will come out with a new phone-rumored to be Galaxy s3 mini-it might be anywhere near 15-17k why not get that If it is in that price?

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
it could be that your friend had installed some app that caused lag/too many apps trying to access internet at same time... because it has dual core 1GHz CPU & 512MB RAM, must be some RAM hogging app causing the lag.
anyways, in that budget, only Sony are giving upgrade option to Android 4.0

funskar

Padawan
Neo l? htc one v?
Well see samsung will come out with a new phone-rumored to be Galaxy s3 mini-it might be anywhere near 15-17k why not get that If it is in that price?

S3 mini would b no way near 17k.. it will b almost btw 24-25k margin like S advance when it was launched..

Rcuber

Yeah S advance has some battery issues..
Bt htc n sony andros both fails in terms of battery backup against sammy's andros:cry:

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Xperia Ray?
Xperia Ray is a year old phone :(

Neo l? htc one v?
Neo L negative.. reviews state laggy interface . HTC Onc V is in contention, my colleague has it. and im impressed with the design and response.

it could be that your friend had installed some app that caused lag/too many apps trying to access internet at same time... because it has dual core 1GHz CPU & 512MB RAM, must be some RAM hogging app causing the lag.
anyways, in that budget, only Sony are giving upgrade option to Android 4.0
I actually went to finalize on Xperia U in Chroma Store. I saw the demo there itself. not much apps were instlled..

Droids in that range will end up laggy- better to look at Windows models- the Omnia or Lumia 710
yes. I do know Android issues. I will not invest in a Win 7/7.5 mobiles now. only on Win 8 if there are any good phones.

S3 mini would b no way near 17k.. it will b almost btw 24-25k margin like S advance when it was launched..

Rcuber

Yeah S advance has some battery issues..
Bt htc n sony andros both fails in terms of battery backup against sammy's andros:cry:

cr@p .. HTC was my first choice .. :(

any way how is Galaxy S Duos? dual sim would eat up battery .. so will be using only one sim , GSM arena states 3G talktime as 7.30 hrs.

EDIT: With Great Power Comes Crappy Battery!!

Last edited:

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
s duos good phone.But its single core right?
But i suggest you try to wait still diwali for crazy offers

amjath

Human Spambot
Sony mobiles have poor battery backup.
High end Android phone do lag and slow [owns S2] when compare to Apple

I prefer Windows 8 phone for u, wait till Windows 8 release [this month end]

funskar

Padawan
cr@p .. HTC was my first choice .. :(

any way how is Galaxy S Duos? dual sim would eat up battery .. so will be using only one sim , GSM arena states 3G talktime as 7.30 hrs.

EDIT: With Great Power Comes Crappy Battery!!

No need to get Gsd ..

And you can look for sola it is going for 17k on Hs18 Superdeals..

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
No need to get Gsd ..

And you can look for sola it is going for 17k on Hs18 Superdeals..

Sony mobiles have poor battery backup.
High end Android phone do lag and slow [owns S2] when compare to Apple

I prefer Windows 8 phone for u, wait till Windows 8 release [this month end]
yes.. some of my colleagues also said the Sony battery is a bit poor.

I am waiting for vendors to announce more Windows 8 Phones. HTC 8S looks wonderful but I guess the entry point will be 25K+ :(

amjath

Human Spambot
^ Nokia and Samsung know very well about marketing in India, so I'm damn sure Nokia might come up with more phones and Sammy too

Top Bottom