20 Reasons why vista can fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Re: 20 Reasons why vista $ucks!!

nish_higher said:
the only thing that makes me feel vista is a piece of s**t is that there r no drivers (for the scanner and hp director,etc) for my printer psc1210..hp people say to get a nu model thats vista compatible..!!

How is this Vista's Fault? DIdn't you buy a compleate new computer (Mac) to run OS X?

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl

i have a macbook pro and an intel desktop.vista is on the desktop.and i'm not happy using my scanner in macbook.coz mostly i print from windows.so its kinda plug in,out,in situation which i dont wanna get into.
i use vista for the internet and playing games.for me there's no substitute for IE.but sometimes even Ie crashes and very rarely some games too-like fear,nfs mw..

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

Microsoft makes Operating System ... Hardware manufacturers make hardware and the drivers ...

Here's a video in the PC v/s MAC series giving you the exact picture of the overprotective Vista Firewall!!

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxOIebkmrqs

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!

iMav said:
Microsoft makes Operating System ... Hardware manufacturers make hardware and the drivers ...
exactly, i'd ask ppl to stop blaming linux too for this. its not the fault of gnu/linux distro!

bL4zE

Broken In
Me back on xp :(
dunno why but vista's DX10 kept my pc crashing after running some games dat require DX9...
also cant seem any way to keep both my front panel audio n rear panel audio working simultaneously :( as it does in xp so i have to manually select my default device :| pretty irritatin for me :|

So now me back on good old xp \m/

n btw vista hogged my 700 mb ram (when idle) :| outta 2gb so een after havin 2gb ram i was getting da performance as if i had only 1gb ram :(

hope some day vista becomes as gd as xp ;)
coz xp was also nothing untill sp1 came out ;)

sakumar79

Technomancer
I remember back when XP was released... It was good but had its share of problems... It was only after SP2 that it became a force to be reckoned with... Not just because SP2 made it more secure, but that the time taken to release SP2 allowed most latest hardware to be compatible with XP and made it possible for easy penetration in the market...

I presume the same will happen with Vista, but maybe to a different scale...

Arun

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
bL4zE i think dx 10.1 should resolve ur problem ... though no games have crashed here till now ... carbon, mw, age of mythology, mafia, fifa 07 .... all wrk fine

bL4zE

Broken In
iMav said:
bL4zE i think dx 10.1 should resolve ur problem ... though no games have crashed here till now ... carbon, mw, age of mythology, mafia, fifa 07 .... all wrk fine

afaik DX10 hardware is not compatible wid DX10.1 as i had got a msg frm my MS frnd :!:
So if it is can u just confirm n temme plzzzz so dat i can put vista again :)

bL4zE said:
afaik DX10 hardware is not compatible wid DX10.1 as i had got a msg frm my MS frnd :!:
So if it is can u just confirm n temme plzzzz so dat i can put vista again :)

DX10.1 supports DX10 hardware but it's recommended to use 10.1 supported hardware

*www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6824&Itemid=2

pillainp

Journeyman
@praka123:
Why is it ATI's fault when Linux fails to work with its hardware for want of good drivers, but Vista's fault when the same happens with it?

That is hypocrisy. Linux has only been able to manage most hardware, inspite of its much-vaunted community support, for the last two years or so. Most hardware mannufacturers almost refuse to even create drivers for it. Does this not mean that Linux sucks too, if I wish to use whatever hardware I have?

You have been outright blaming Vista/MS for the failure of hardware manufacturers to supply proper drivers. That then must mean, by the same yardstick, that Linux is worthless, because lots of hardware does not work on it.

pillainp said:
@praka123:
Why is it ATI's fault when Linux fails to work with its hardware for want of good drivers, but Vista's fault when the same happens with it?

That is hypocrisy. Linux has only been able to manage most hardware, inspite of its much-vaunted community support, for the last two years or so. Most hardware mannufacturers almost refuse to even create drivers for it. Does this not mean that Linux sucks too, if I wish to use whatever hardware I have?

You have been outright blaming Vista/MS for the failure of hardware manufacturers to supply proper drivers. That then must mean, by the same yardstick, that Linux is worthless, because lots of hardware does not work on it.

lol.. whoever might have told you that lot of hardware is not support by linux is either a 'blast from the past' or simply sleeping at his desk.

Wake up buddy, it's not like how you think. There are so many different version of linux and it doesn't mean that since every version doesn't support all hardware that linux sucks. Look at the distros that are being developed by companies like Novell, the new Suse Entriprise Desktop Linux SP1, there is hardly any software that you can think of in the entire world that doesn't work with it.

However, coming to the point of Vista, it's not that new hardware is not supported by Vista. The whole point that Vista has dropped supporting all the generic drivers like it used to do in WinXP, 2000 and 98 for the EXISTING hardware in the market is the most appauling and pathetic thing! So, my dear friend, Linux might have slight issues with new hardware drivers but certainly not with existing drivers!!

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Help~Is~Here said:
However, coming to the point of Vista, it's not that new hardware is not supported by Vista. The whole point that Vista has dropped supporting all the generic drivers like it used to do in WinXP, 2000 and 98 for the EXISTING hardware in the market is the most appauling and pathetic thing

Wrong, Vista even has chipset, USB, Audio drivers of Intel 845G chipset which came out in 2002. Get your facts right. Vista right now has more then 40k hardawre drivers inbuilt...much more then XP

pillainp

Journeyman
So you want support for you hardware that is 10+ years old??
Wake up and smell the smoke:
The hardware manufacturers are not here to give you a free ride. Any driver base for any OS is dependent on manufacturer support. The manufacturer wants you to buy new stuff. Else they would have stopped making them years ago.

Just as with any OS, if your old hardware does not work (and with Linux, your brand spanking new hardware as well) suck it in and go buy new.

Maintaining all the old drivers for all the old hardware would have taken a hell of a lot of space (and then you would have complained that Vista is bloatware), but they do it anyway, and you still complain.

You want the best of both worlds. If its good, it could have been better so you cry. If its bad, you cry anyway.
And Linux, with kernel to kernel support dropped after 5 years, complains.

The myth of the free OS:
If you want to enjoy Linux with Beryl but have an ATI card.... SUCKER... run out and buy another from nVidia. And you call this open source, all those monkeys coding for so many years and no one has a driver that works???

At least I can enjoy Vista's candy with any card better than an ATI 9600 or nVidia 6 series, with the default drivers built into Vista.
gx_saurav said:
Wrong, Vista even has chipset, USB, Audio drivers of Intel 845G chipset which came out in 2002. Get your facts right. Vista right now has more then 40k hardawre drivers inbuilt...much more then XP
@praka123 & Help~is~Here: Show me at least one Linux distro that will support all the hardware the hardware that XP/Vista does, out of the box, with no tweaking.

That basically is what this is all about, you can't/don't have it so you whine whine whine.

Help~is~Here said:
So, my dear friend, Linux might have slight issues with new hardware drivers but certainly not with existing drivers!!
You call an OS (Linux) failing entirely to work with a piece of hardware a slight issue?? Then why is it such a big issue for you when it is Vista?

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
My comment stand for-Dont you know that before Vista M$ ppl blame Linux doesnot support hardware and blah...now Vista came and it is not supporting many hardwares(afaik) or no better drivers they suddenly wake up to reality.

@pillai:ur comments are outright against the FOSS movement not against Linux that i know.reg Linux,Linux kernel supports by default many drivers and fs which the vista can only dream of :x
But the truth stands-where the hell does anyone told Ati or Via are not supported in LInux? they are supported.but just bad drivers thats all.And only drivers OSS lacks are wireless apps due to their developers not providing the drivers and some tv tuner cards afaik.
Why Linux works better- if ur considered with "Aero bloat":rolleyes: Beryl?oh u meant Compiz-fusion?did u saw what it can offer?Why the hell ur adamant to prove that Linux fails?YOur mind is preset that Vista is the OS.thats the problem.Let u know Ubuntu or Mac is anytime better than Vista.-this cant be digestible if ur a hard core m$ fanatic.

Do u want to tell the world that all must trash old hardwares due to VIsta releasesd? :x this mentality sucks.not all are that rich to get the bloatware with rootkit(DRM) fitted my dear!.I am blaming Vista not only for h/w drivers,the very idea what Vista stands for-that is
"We(M$) determine what you will do on ur computer"-EULA & DRM.
Hope you come sync with the reality. :-|

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
consider this, ati has locked up the hardware whitepapers in a vault, they refuse to disclose. the driver they provide doesn't support all the features. so what will a common man do? will he get to read all the whitepapers in his dream and the next day can he come out wid a working driver? expecting that is plain foolishness. unless the manufac. co-operates this task can't be completed.

i've stood by what was said earlier. if ur hardware doesn't work wid an OS then blame the manufac. its not the fault of OS. jus think how many manufac. come up wid windows drivers and how many provide linux drivers (not from the enthu community, straight from the company). you can count such companies on fingers!

but one must comment the efforts taken by the open source community. most of the drivers haf been coded by reverse engineering! and btw, when u say u can enjoy aero wid an ati card but not beryl out of the box i say the opposite! my pathetic igp runs beryl/compiz, gives me ditto aero in linux and much much more whereas vista gives me the ugliest UI ever built!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
@prakash: a little mis-understanding u have about vista that it requires u to buy new hardware should be cleared ...

my specs are 3 yrs old:

p4 3ghz
512 ddr1
intel 865series mobo
fx 5200

... vista runs smoothly ... all i have upgraded in the last 3-4 years is my hard disk capacity ... same is the case with gx even his pc is 4 years old and he is running vista on it ... so i dont understand how is MS compelling u to buy new hard ware

ur arguement is like sony should make all ps 3 games ps2 compatible ... think for urself how much of a difference would that make ...

shantanu

Technomancer
praka123 said:
where the hell does anyone told Ati or Via are not supported in LInux

i am not in discussion.. but would like to share a thing.. about 2 years back.. when Ati launched X200 chipset.. i bought the Msi RS482M2 Motherboard.. i tried installing Fedora core 5 on it and Rhel 4 .. both the editions did not install coz it was not supporting Silicon Image sata controller.. ! i think Xp supports every Sata controller From Sp1 and even Windows 98se and Me support SATA as a Storage device.. ( i cant boot up on it)..
PS : I am not offending.. nor i am in this Discussion.. (just wanted to share)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom