20 Reasons why vista can fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Re: 20 Reasons why vista $ucks!!

I would've believed you if I would have ever met a single person who bought a Mac with the genuine desire to try it out

No one will spend thousands of Rs just to 'try' a mac. I am glad i don't know such ppl who bought it just to try. And if someone paid for it without knowing the system, that someone certainly deservs the OS :D

freshseasons

King of my own Castle

My Bad ! But i don't know why some people refuse to accept the fact that VISTA is Good.
May be if Vista was secluded to few people and would have a Halo ring over it, it would have been another story.Something totally on the line of A la' Premium' Product .
Whether i would go ranting on Vista is good,is good , is good isn't going to make any difference , i know. But still it wouldn't subdue the fact that VISTA is Good, is good , is good.

Last edited:

pillainp

Journeyman

Arya, I have been seeing the mac since the days of the Mac II. 'nuff zed.
It may be true that the Mac probably has the best user experience of all OS's, but only because all Macs are esentially the same. And also only when seen through the eyes of a person that refuses to accept the weaknesses of the platform and to accept that others are better at the very things the Mac claims to do best.

On the other hand, every single PC running either Linux or Windows is different simply because the owner or primary user has the ability and the capacity to change his or her system to their own liking. That simple fact entails a learning curve from machine to machine, something Mac users probably would not understand or be capable of.

Show me a Mac where you can do that. Show me a Mac where the owner does not have to work according to Jobs' liking, where the user can tweak the interface to bear not even the slightest resemblance to the original OS.

My dislike for the Mac is not based on my choosing to do so. It is based on the fact that I had, on an OS that prides itself on being media-centric, to go back to "yucky" Windows to get a job done right that the Mac prides itself on, but was not capable of.
Aryayush said:
It is not perfect. It is not for the person who likes to tinker with the OS too much.
Going by your previous diatribes, this would seem to be heresy to the whole philosophy of the Mac, where you are different only in that you are all so similar.

And show me OSX running on the variety of hardware configurations that Windows and Linux are capable of, and even half as successfully, and then talk of the weaknesses of either as compared to OSX, either in appearance or function.

You are talking out of the most closed and monopolistic platform in the history of computing.

Last edited:

rajasekharan

Youngling

well for me vista has turned bad

lack of proper quicktime support, even though the fault may be from apple or what ever
the only player that plays all .mov file is my KMP, thats right not vlc, not quicktime , not anyother codecs i tried.

which just effects my aftereffects work at times , and the combustion .
and the lack of support for other s/w like maxwell and like

in short i will give it a good solid years time to get it stabilized
may be the company's dont know how to make one that just works well with vista
or vista is unstable

any case as with all new OS that comes out these days , i have learned one solid lesson ,
if you dont what your work to turn to a nightmare
just dont try the new ones , until they are stabilized

well, am back to XP ...:)

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人

A 64bit Vista user here... i've faced some probs.. starting with... lack of drivers... hope the sw industry rises to the occassion. DirectX10... most sw & old(take it as not ultra-new) games need DX9... so... i lose my earlier DX10... take for example.. my Nero... it asks & installs DX9... to run.

I'm not able to play my Oni... Devil May Cry... MotoGP....
even after installing DX9.. :(

But, I'ld say... Vista is facing a start like XP had years back. Hope the matter brightens up & MS erase out the faults...
It's a good & interesting start for another giant leap for MSkind :D

Other problems like right-click... ReadyBoost... UAC... can be solved.

bL4zE

Broken In
Re: 20 Reasons why vista $ucks!! << just 2 more to add y it suxx :p

Just get my Pacenet broadband service working on vista n den i will say dat it roxxxxx !!! but till den it suxxxx like hell !!!! :p

btw even xp was nothing untill sp1 came out ;)

also another problem is dat my Area 51 game doesnt work on Vista :mad:

assasin

Banned

^^^ try using the compatibilty mode to run games/softwares which r not running in Vista.most of the time they will run after using compatibility mode.

@rajasekharan quicktime has never been a prob to me.i can play .mov files in WMP11,PowerDVD,Nero Show Time etc.try using Quicktime Alternative.i use it.

bL4zE

Broken In

Compatiblity also doesnt work :( !!!
bout game is ok but wat bout my pacenet broadband ??? :confused:

hope sum1 finds ans to my broadband issues :|

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人

Already runnin sw/games in compatibility mode... that WoW64 layer takes care of that... that too runs default in my system...

All 32-bit applications are separately mentioned in the CtrlAltDelete Process panel :D.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

look guys i read somewhere dont really wanna support piracy but
pirated vista is better because
cracked vista:
1. infinite installations
2. new hardware changes would not affect anything
3. FASTER
and stuff dont know the source forgot but this is what i read so i think for the first time i think pirated wud actually better so it wud be like windows genuine disadvantage

assasin

Banned

^^^ 1> Infinite installations of wat????
2>wat hardware change will not affect wat???
3>speed is same.

shantanu

Technomancer

entrana said:
look guys i read somewhere dont really wanna support piracy but
pirated vista is better because
cracked vista:
1. infinite installations
2. new hardware changes would not affect anything
3. FASTER
and stuff dont know the source forgot but this is what i read so i think for the first time i think pirated wud actually better so it wud be like windows genuine disadvantage

entrana did you start again.. means there was no positive effect on you with a weeks ban.. you need another one... ? just tell me.. how many times should i warn you..

vish786

"The Gentleman"

shantanu said:
entrana did you start again.. means there was no positive effect on you with a weeks ban.. you need another one... ? just tell me.. how many times should i warn you..

shantanu, this guy is just 13 yrs old, tat is y he's not taking piracy and ur ban seriously.

shantanu

Technomancer

@vish : i dont want a thread for this guy : but i already warned him a lot of times in past :

link 1

link 2

link 3

and this is what the great guy did :

i am 13 year old

link 1 (spam advert)

Link 2

Link3

see this

and this

Just read his attitude and langauge..

and i welcomed him back today in a thread,..

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting

I am really not suppose to make a comment but I am making one...

@vish786

I dont get you... Whether he is 13 or 31... He is a forum member who is suppose to follow Forum Rules... he was warned many times by out mods, but no change so earned one Ban for 7 days...

Refer here *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=568401&postcount=494

and then here, *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41532&page=27

read why was he banned and whether the reasons where justified or not...

once again i am sorry, I made one comment where I am not suppose to... I areally appologies, but I make this comment as I support Shatanu's Dicision on the same said actions...

bL4zE

Broken In

koolbluez said:
Already runnin sw/games in compatibility mode... that WoW64 layer takes care of that... that too runs default in my system...

All 32-bit applications are separately mentioned in the CtrlAltDelete Process panel :D.

Still the issue of Pacenet (my broadband) remains as der is no dialer in vista :(
n also i cant get querry by typing "raspppoe" in run coz there is no way to install pppoe drivers other than inbuilt 1.

Verdict :- Vista still suxxx :p

vish786

"The Gentleman"

other users its Offtopic: shantanu, delete all the threads related to this entrana/ayush gupta/123asd, after readin this.

@shantanu, chota cheeta...
arre bhai, i'm not opposing shantanu's ban,banning was the right decision 2 do, i said this guy is a kid & he still doesnt know how to behave in a forum even after shantanu has banned & warned him. so give him little dosage abt behaving in the forum otherwise he'll be permanently banned for ever. <this is wat i meant earlier>

@chota cheeta,
Choto Cheeta said:
@vish786

I dont get you... Whether he is 13 or 31...
aryayush has asked his age and to this gauravakaasid replied.
gauravakaasid said:
@Arya..thnx for the sms :)...also this Ayush is a kid, all of 13 years. lives close to my place re...n y do u want his info??
<refer post 487 and 491 in All Calcuttans in Digit>

Last edited:

bL4zE

Broken In

Atlast got solution for pacenet !!! now pacenet dialer works n so does my net :idea: !!! btw i had called da pacenet engg ;)

VERDICT :- VISTA ROXXX FOR ME NOW :D

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl

the only thing that makes me feel vista is a piece of s**t is that there r no drivers (for the scanner and hp director,etc) for my printer psc1210..hp people say to get a nu model thats vista compatible..!!
so i'm happy to use it on mac.

IN SHoRT-Nothing Beats Apple OSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom