20 Reasons why vista can fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
shantanu said:
i am not in discussion.. but would like to share a thing.. about 2 years back.. when Ati launched X200 chipset.. i bought the Msi RS482M2 Motherboard.. i tried installing Fedora core 5 on it and Rhel 4 .. both the editions did not install coz it was not supporting Silicon Image sata controller.. ! i think Xp supports every Sata controller From Sp1 and even Windows 98se and Me support SATA as a Storage device.. ( i cant boot up on it)..
PS : I am not offending.. nor i am in this Discussion.. (just wanted to share)
Yes,later kernels supported it.the same i heard with latest intel boards 965 and jmicron controllers. but newer kernels provide drivers not too delayed.unlike seperate driver cd and searching for drivers over www in Vista.drivers in Linux are mostly built in as modules.although ext drivers exists.
Times changed dude!now Linux (2.6) got better support!Vista is not an option for ppl in many parts of India while Linux is "known" to them by now.thx to Ubuntu,Suse like distros.but yeah,de-addiction(wintow$) takes some time.Hoping for the best-Let the Community OS not only Linux other alternate OS too grows-let the monopoly of Microsoft be shattered down.and not only M$ , monopoly shudnt exist in s/w field esp OS and users shud be the dictators what companies shud do unlike forced crippler- EULA and incorporated DRM.but no offense-said the truth.

gx_saurav said:
Wrong, Vista even has chipset, USB, Audio drivers of Intel 845G chipset which came out in 2002. Get your facts right. Vista right now has more then 40k hardawre drivers inbuilt...much more then XP

Whatever said, the whole world knows that Vista is not compatible with lot of existing hardware and you can't change that fact even if you try to get it working on a P1 :D

lol... I can't believe how easily people forget the truth and try to defend it with some apparently genuine reason.

pillainp said:
@praka123 & Help~is~Here: Show me at least one Linux distro that will support all the hardware the hardware that XP/Vista does, out of the box, with no tweaking.

Like I mentioned before, Suse Enterprise Desktop Linux 10 SP1. It's sad that people even after reading, ask for the same thing.

pillainp said:
You call an OS (Linux) failing entirely to work with a piece of hardware a slight issue?? Then why is it such a big issue for you when it is Vista?

lol... when I mean slight issue, I meant configuration, not 'not working at all'. Again, sad that people take things literally

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Help~Is~Here said:
Whatever said, the whole world knows that Vista is not compatible with lot of existing hardware and you can't change that fact even if you try to get it working on a P1 :D

Try getting Ubuntu 7.04 to work on a Pentium 1 with 32 MB RAM. Let me know if it runs

praka123

left this forum longback
^Aha!Vista runs :rolleyes: -tell u try Antix Mepis(apt+deb) with latest packages works fine.but where is M$ and choice :rolleyes: pigs can fly.just got an update for DX10 to DX10.1 ...and wt abt 8800GT -just works with 10.1 :rolleyes: users are losers.we(M$,etc) rule you will force u to whtever we want :-|

Last edited:

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
In its Stand alone package Vista supports more hardware then XP could.
I still need to hunt for my hardware drivers for XP.
And about linux.
Hmm about linux.I simply cannot install and use my V-Data PCMCIA Tata Indicom card with it.
Vista =productivity for me.

praka123

left this forum longback
this is what is called "vendor-lockin".cant get adjusted to alternate OS.yeah i know many genius exists who cant try Linux,but Vista :rolleyes: they are taught Linux are for geeks :?: same old story pushed by the "genius"'s company.I wonder why these ppl gets "mind-locked"-Windows is not the final answer and intolerable to other OS's esp Mac and Linux means fanatic who justifies whether he is in hell also to be heaven :rolleyes:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
praka123 said:
^Aha!Vista runs :rolleyes: -tell u try Antix Mepis(apt+deb) with latest packages works fine.

Right, & what can u do with this system? Can u run GUI or XFCE? Or Firefox or KDE?

just got an update for DX10 to DX10.1 ...and wt abt 8800GT -just works with 10.1

Get your facts right, all features of DirectX 10.1 are supported by DX 10 cards, just few efficiency enhancement don't work in which case you will at max suffer a loss of 5 fps

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
^^^^
[ b]True [/b]
However i will give a sigh of relief , if Linux could just install PCMCIA Lappy drivers and i get to use dialup using linux.
Then it will stand chance of actually being true.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
praka123 said:
this is what is called "vendor-lockin".cant get adjusted to alternate OS.yeah i know many genius exists who cant try Linux,but Vista :rolleyes: they are taught Linux are for geeks :?: same old story pushed by the "genius"'s company.I wonder why these ppl gets "mind-locked"-Windows is not the final answer and intolerable to other OS's esp Mac and Linux means fanatic who justifies whether he is in hell also to be heaven :rolleyes:

Would u mind not whining & helping him to get a proper driver for his V-Data card?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
freshseasons said:
^^^^
[ b]True [/b]
However i will give a sigh of relief , if Linux could just install PCMCIA Lappy drivers and i get to use dialup using linux.
Then it will stand chance of actually being true.
works out of the box for me on my 3.5 year old laptop. and also on my sis' 'last-week-or-so-purchased' new laptop (dell 1420 wid express card and soft modem). certain winmodems are difficult to setup in linux coz vendors simply refuse to provide linux drivers for it. but nothing is impossible :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom