2 queries - rsvp

Status
Not open for further replies.

forever

filth is me
i have a budget of 4k and i have 2 squeeze in a 2.1 speaker and a DVD writer in it, i wanted to know some good models for a set of 2.1 speakers below 2000 and the same for a DVD writer below 2000 (seperate budgets for each), plz reply guys, thnx in advance :)

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
well DVD writer i would say... ASUS may be around 2100 incl TAX...

and i dont have much idea about SKP system... may be a 2.1 from creative would fit in to ur budget... :)

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
well then if u get SKP for 1300 or may be even 1400... then u might consider going for a Sony DVD writen also... the BOX pack would be around 2500 to 2600 compair with ASUS BOX pack which is 2100...

both are good.. but if u have a fasination for brand name then u might consider Sony too... :)

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
Check this link for prices, they might not be the most accurate but shouldn't be absolutely vague as well:

*www.npithub.com/product/pt_view.php?pcatid=1105

OP
forever

forever

filth is me
thnx for the reply guys, i thnk ill settle for a sony DVD writer and creative 2.1 speakers, but i wanted to know whats the diff bw box and oem , is the box model external or something , and which one is better suited , ty :)

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
forever said:
thnx for the reply guys, i thnk ill settle for a sony DVD writer and creative 2.1 speakers, but i wanted to know whats the diff bw box and oem , is the box model external or something , and which one is better suited , ty :)
OEM means "original equipment manufacturer." Sometimes it is also referred as "open-ended market". Almost all PC component and software vendors make two versions of the same product based on a difference in the distribution channels.

One is the retail boxed products sold mainly through retailers...like any DVD Rewriter that you see in a nice box at any PC hardware shop.

The second one is the OEM products which are sold mostly to system builders eg. HP, Dell etc (the Original Equipment Manufaturer) who give you a DVD writer built in the HP or Dell computer.

OEM products do not have fancy box packaging and are (mostly) produced in higher volume, to bring down the cost to the end user.

Box packed products usually have paper manuals while OEM's have it on the CD itself...these days in pdf format. Generally you get bundled stuff with box packed products eg. games with Gfx cards etc

But the quality is same in both OEM & Box pack and generally carry the same manufacturer warranty...having said that my previous Datamini PC had a 1 year warrantly INCLUDING the Maxtor HDD (which came with the PC i.e. an OEM) while the SAME Maxtor "box packed" was giving 2 year warranty...the same was with the remaining products in that Datamini PC...I noticed that the some brands like Zenith, Datamini & Wipro generally tend to short change you like that, while big brands like HP give you a FULL 3 year warranty.

I currently use iBall 4.1 sepakers...they now cost only Rs.1800...they are damn good for that price and there is no distortion even on high volume...you may want to cosider. I Using LG dual layer DVDRewriter for over a year now...burned atleast 1000 (DVD/CD's)...no problems at all...LG costs Rs.2000.

But I'm told that Lite-on & Sony are supposed to be the best fo the lot.

Last edited:
OP
forever

forever

filth is me
^^ thnx for the info , i checked out creative's mfg. site and i thnk ill go for creative sbs 370 but ive found this site that claims to give a discount , im kinda sceptical about this site, can anyone share the price of sbs 370 (this site offers it at 1500), shuld i go for it through this site, plz reply ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom