2.1 or 5.1 for budget of 4-5k

brijraj

Right off the assembly line
I need new speakers in the range of rs. 4000-5000 but cant decide whether i should go for 2.1 or 5.1 system.
My questions are:-
1. if i'm using the 5.1 system with my phone or mp3 player or laptop, will it sound as good or would the 5.1 technology be a waste in that case?
2. If for the same price, i'm getting a 2.1 and a 5.1, what would be the advantage and disadvantage of both the systems in terms of sound quality?
My primary uses are songs and movies, both with desktop and phone/mp3 player (a little bit of gaming too but that can be ignored)
Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
OP
B

brijraj

Going by the reviews, i had decided to go for logitech z 506, but then i found that it was permanently out of stock at most of the sites. While i think i can still grab one if i go to nehru place, should i go for an item which is going out of the market and most probably out of production? Has logitech introduced any successor to this product now that it is phasing out the z506. Guys help me out plz.

OP
B

brijraj

hey go for edifier C2 (2.1)... Edifier C2 30W Stereo Multimedia Speaker System w/ Amplifier | eBay

Thanks. Since i started searching for the speakers, i have researched a lot. I guess i'll go for edifier c2 coz people usually have voted for it over logitech z 623 and also coz im getting it cheaper. Scrapped the plan for 5.1 speakers as they wouldnt be very useful for my requirements.

OP
B

brijraj

Thanks for your support. I'm now a happy and satisfied owner of edifier c2 plus :)
Got it for 5250 and am very satisfied from the quality.just what i needed.

Top Bottom