1gb RAM and 160 GB HARD DISC

Status
Not open for further replies.

compHYD

Right off the assembly line
Hello People, I am new in this forum and this is my first post. I do not know much about these Technical aspects. so, Asking help from some of YOU.

I have a 3 years old computer. It is Pentium 4. My Computer Specification is as follows:

System Manufacturer: KOBIAN
System Model: PI845GLM
Motherboard Manufacturer: KOBIAN
Motherboard Model: PI845GLM

• Maximum Memory Capacity: 2048 MB
  • Currently Installed Memory: 256 MB
  • Available Memory Slots: 1
  • Number of Banks: 2
  • Dual Channel Support: N.A.
  • CPU Manufacturer: GenuineIntel
  • CPU Family: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz Model 4, Stepping 1
  • CPU Speed: 2399 MHz
RAM: 256 MB DDR PC2700

I do not use my computer for games but only for Movies, Music and storing files and documents.

Now, I want to upgrade my computer. I have 40 GB Hard Disc and I want to add another 160 GB and I want to put one single 1 GB RAM.

I have two questions:
1. Can my system support another 160 GB hard Disc and 1 GB RAM? Can I see the intended effect of faster computer? (I have heard that all computer do not support these kinds of upgradation.)

2. What is the prices of Hard Disc and RAM in the market and what quality and specifications U suggest?

If someone have good piece of abovementioned goods, Please PM me at earliest. I am in Hyderabad.

A

ankitsagwekar

i have 256mb ddr 266
i want to sell it for 300Rs

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
Yes ur system will support another 160 GB hard Disc and 1 GB RAM(DDR1).But the effect wont be noticeable.

U sud upgrade ur motherboard and processor if u wish to see drastic change in performance.

But since u do not use it for gaming , it is alright for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom