19" or 21" CRT Monitors..which are good??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechGuru#1

In the zone
Just 1 Question 2 ask :-

If my "Viewsonic P97f+" is doing a screen refresh @ 120Hz or 150Hz,then IS IT A "TRUE" Progressive scan HDTV Monitor?

OP
C

countrock

Broken In
HDTV is basically only 100Hz..refrest rate wise.

i know this because my TV is 100Hz and its HDTV.
donno abt the resolutions and all. willl chk and let u know..

and techguru..can i have the phone number of the guy u got it from if he in mumbai

OP
C

countrock

Broken In
There are 3 different HDTV standards:
2 standards 720p and 1080p (p stands for progressive)

720p runs at 1280x720
1080p runs at 1920x1080

and 1 1080i (i stands for interlaced)
1080i runs 1920x1080

there is also 480p wich is called as EDTV (not really HDTV..just US making life diffcuilt for everyone)

looked a lot..all 100Hz CRT TVs available in india are HDTV ready. even plasma screens are HDTV-Ready

but i dont think they can display 1920x1080 at 100Hz. if they can.. i sud get one for my room :D

TechGuru#1

In the zone
Hey Countrock,
Just Go & Ask the PRIYA Distributors at Mumbai,who r supposed to be the authorised Viewsonic distributors in India
Anyway,I didn't get my Viewsonic monitor from Priya directly,my DEALER did,
...so in ur case 2,the Dealer Connection Should work BEST!

***BTW, u may also go 2 the viewsonic INDIA site & get all the respective Phone No's!!!

Huzefa

Journeyman
Consider a TFT LCD monitor , though 19" ones are affordable , 21" prices are thru the roof ! These monitors are the best as there is no reflection, best of all no problem even if u stare at the monitor for long as its harmless to eyes

OP
C

countrock

Broken In
Huzefa said:
Consider a TFT LCD monitor , though 19" ones are affordable , 21" prices are thru the roof ! These monitors are the best as there is no reflection, best of all no problem even if u stare at the monitor for long as its harmless to eyes

I personally dont like LCD monitors. there is always a funny tint to the image. and even a 3MS "Gaming LCD"= c.r.a.p. Because the 3ms response time is only for a milli sec :lol: avg is always close to 15-25.
so in fast games like quake3 cpm and NFS-MW(who wants more blur :?) or even movies LCDs look crap. they are only good for office work like word.

Most ppl dont notice this because they are used to it. But if u put them side by side, u will throw the LCD out the window :p

TechGuru#1 said:
Hey Countrock,
Just Go & Ask the PRIYA Distributors at Mumbai,who r supposed to be the authorised Viewsonic distributors in India
Anyway,I didn't get my Viewsonic monitor from Priya directly,my DEALER did,
...so in ur case 2,the Dealer Connection Should work BEST!

***BTW, u may also go 2 the viewsonic INDIA site & get all the respective Phone No's!!!

The website *ap.viewsonic.com/in/products/crt/ has only
E90f+SB
E96f+SB and G90f+ not the P97f+SB :( :(

will call them up later in the day. hope they still sell it :(

Huzefa

Journeyman
countrock said:
I personally dont like LCD monitors. there is always a funny tint to the image. and even a 3MS "Gaming LCD"= c.r.a.p. Because the 3ms response time is only for a milli sec :lol: avg is always close to 15-25.
so in fast games like quake3 cpm and NFS-MW(who wants more blur :?) or even movies LCDs look ****. they are only good for office work like word.

Most ppl dont notice this because they are used to it. But if u put them side by side, u will throw the LCD out the window :p

Country rock, U have not seen the latest LCD monitors, these give no tint , in fact the image looks sharper and far better than CRT's Yes there will be longer respose time because of the technology restrictions of LCD , but its barely noticable , and the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages . If u stare at a CRT PC monitor for say 5 Hrs a day u will develop eye problems and a constant headache due to emitted radiation from the electron gun , But even if u stare at an LCD PC monitor screen for 10 Hrs , there is no such problem. anyway I love the LCD monitors , esp after using a 21" flat CRT monitor.

I

invisible

Huzefa said:
countrock said:
so in fast games like quake3 cpm and NFS-MW(who wants more blur :?) or even movies LCDs look ****. they are only good for office work like word.

Country rock, U have not seen the latest LCD monitors, these give no tint , in fact the image looks sharper and far better than CRT's Yes there will be longer respose time because of the technology restrictions of LCD , but its barely noticable , and the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages . If u stare at a CRT PC monitor for say 5 Hrs a day u will develop eye problems and a constant headache due to emitted radiation from the electron gun , But even if u stare at an LCD PC monitor screen for 10 Hrs , there is no such problem. anyway I love the LCD monitors , esp after using a 21" flat CRT monitor.
LCDs suck . :twisted:
They are jsut to be used for Office work.

TechGuru#1

In the zone
invisible said:
Huzefa said:
countrock said:

LCDs suck . :twisted:
They are jsut to be used for Office work.

THAT SAID IT ALL !!!

....& that's why i didn't put my Money in LCD YET!

LCD R Not Evolved Yet....
.....but Notthing 2 Worry,u LCD Guys
I will SURELY BET for a TFT-LCD,the Next time I go for a Big screenie!
(HOPE,it goes TRUE State of TECH the next-time round)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom