16 0r 32 GB Memory Card for LG Optimus Net

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys I have LG Optimus net and want to upgrade the external memory from current 2 GB to either 16 GB or 32 GB. I heard terms like Class etc. For my phone which class is required. The primary purpose for this would be to store songs. Will not use that much for camera like photos or videos. Can you kindly suggest some VFM Card with the specs?

amjath

Human Spambot
Yes Class in memory card explains the read write speed of the card.

more class = high price

For ur purpose a Class 6 card is more than enough [BTW Class 10 is the fastest of all]

Go for Sandisk class 6 cards or Lexar Class 6 either 16 or 32 gb ur wish/ur needs

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Yes Class in memory card explains the read write speed of the card.

more class = high price

For ur purpose a Class 6 card is more than enough [BTW Class 10 is the fastest of all]

Go for Sandisk class 6 cards or Lexar Class 6 either 16 or 32 gb ur wish/ur needs

What's the price I'm looking into?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ +1 for Sandisk Class 4 card.
Optimus Net doesn't "need" a card with more speeds than class 4 provides.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Best place would be to try local market (beware from counterfeits), since at Flipkart it seems costly.
SanDisk Memory Card MicroSDHC 16GB | Memory Card | Flipkart.com

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Best place would be to try local market (beware from counterfeits), since at Flipkart it seems costly.
SanDisk Memory Card MicroSDHC 16GB | Memory Card | Flipkart.com

What are the things that I look into while buying from local market? I would prefer onilne since it would avoid time waste going around shopping. I also agree that flipkart is quite expensive.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
What are the things that I look into while buying from local market? I would prefer onilne since it would avoid time waste going around shopping. I also agree that flipkart is quite expensive.

The thing to look before buying from local market is not to fall in trap from roadside shops that gives you lets say 64 GB pen drive for Rs 300 (I have encountered some). And to buy from a renowned company. Usually the genuine product have a hologram.

And if you are too skeptical from buying offline, you can buy from Flipkart. I bought an 8 GB card for about Rs 300. So Rs. 585 for 16 GB is just "acceptable".

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
i would suggest class 6 16gb.fast for daily usage and enough storage for most.
and if you are into rooting and all,there are ways through which you can partition your card and increase your phone's inbuilt storage.
the 16 gb card would provide enough space for partitioning and still end up with enough space.

Top Bottom