14inch laptop suggestion

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
25000 max

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
nope

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
surfing net, watching movies, adobe photoshop (light).

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
nothing in particular

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
primarily looking for a laptop within 14inch and budget is 25000rs as i mentioned in first question. preference for portabilty, it must have dvd drive(else would have gone for netbook).

rider

as Kratos
Asus X44H-VX152D is the best in around 25k. You will not get any 14" core-i series laptop in this much low budget.
Use coupon or credit/debit card for discount.

OP
zacfx05

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
rider no need of i3, any pentium powered 14inch lappy, so some models on flipkart.. hey man the one u posted is awesome dint find when i searched.
i am seriously considering that one. apart what about this Samsung NP300E4Z-A06IN 2nd PDC /2GB /320GB /DOS Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Samsung Notebook

rider how much appro it cost locally since other sites shows 27k as price, for 25k its vfm i guess.

rider

as Kratos
What is the problem with core-i3 if you can get in your budget? :shock:
If your budget is 22k that samsung laptop is fine. It's better to buy online with cash on delivery, it will save time, petrol and brain.

But don't expect a good performing Adobe photoshop work with that pentium processor.

OP
zacfx05

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
rider i have tried ordering online before but the problem is most of them does not have service in my area. anyways yup i will be looking to buy the asus one u suggested, i asked about samsung because if i couldnt get asus i need an alternative. anyway one more question is their any free extended warranty offer for asus going on, because hp, samsung both offer 2years warranty.
and yes that asus is really vfm i guess.... :)

havoknation

Journeyman
@zacfx05

I would suggest you to check this laptop once : Toshiba Satellite C640 Satellite C640-I4019 Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Toshiba Notebook

Its Toshiba and toshiba are known for its strong build plus if you could able to get it locally then its cost is around 23.5k and has core i3 cpu.

OP
zacfx05

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
@zacfx05

I would suggest you to check this laptop once : Toshiba Satellite C640 Satellite C640-I4019 Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Toshiba Notebook

Its Toshiba and toshiba are known for its strong build plus if you could able to get it locally then its cost is around 23.5k and has core i3 cpu.

but the one u suggested is first gen and comparing the features on asus and toshiba , asus definitely wins. (i have seen the toshiba u suggested it gives very plastic look , i dont know about asus but from the pics i think its more better looking )

tkin

Back to school!!
That asus laptop posted above is best I can find, if not that go for Samsung RV Series RV513-A02IN Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Samsung Notebook

OP
zacfx05

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
hello friends iam updating this thread for a friend since his requirements are the same iam not creating a new thread. guys please suggest some good 14inch machines cost not exceeding 23000rs. since its after along time iam sure we have some more options in the market :)
i have found this one HP Pavilion 14-B012AU Sleekbook (APU Dual Core/ 2GB/ 500GB/ Win8) - HP: Flipkart.com
this doesn't have the optical drive but that's fine. any other opinions please help guys and girls

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
unless he wants a laptop with sub 2kg weight, i'll say any laptop with AMD E-series are to be avoided. Windows 8, USB 3.0 can't help if the laptop lacks the processing punch. The processor is only good for browsing + word processing. if this fulfills his requirement (with minimal multitasking), then go for it.

other candidates: Dell Vostro 2420 Laptop (2nd Gen PDC/ 2GB/ 320GB/ Linux) & Lenovo Essential B490 (59-356128) Laptop (2nd Gen PDC/ 2GB/ 500GB/ DOS)

OP
zacfx05

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
thanks sam for the prompt reply, taking your suggestion not going for apu but can you suggest pdc lappie under 2kg within the cost. usb 3 , good webcam and anti-glare display will be added advantage though this may be hard to find within the given cost. but i know you will come up with something , optical drive is not a constrain , should be portable under 2kg
:)
and from your options i liked lenova a bit more

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Samsung NP300E4X-A02IN. 2.07kg, Pentium Dual Core B970, 14 inch @ Rs. 23077 with HD LED Anti-Reflective Display. This is as close as it can get. no USB 3.0 though you get a ODD. locally it should be slightly cheaper.

OP
zacfx05

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
thanks sam :)
sam is this any good Lenovo Ideapad S400 (59-356394) Laptop (2nd Gen PDC/ 2GB/ 500GB/ DOS) - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

*www.snapdeal.com/product/toshiba-l740p4010-laptop/222333
i guess i can find both locally below 25k , what is your opinion

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Toshiba laptop looks tempting. cheap and light. Lenovo S400 is not recommended as the processor is a ultra low voltage (ULV) and weak comparable to the AMD E-series. read the notebookcheck review of S400. shows detailed comparison.

Top Bottom