** ~10k mobile advice thread **

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Just wanted to say i bought Huawei Ascend P1 and cant believe Huawei can compete in Camera department...compared with friend's Nexus 4, huawei was clear winner...plus touch is butter smooth on ICS. will upgrade to Jelly Bean...and I'm really impressed by its viewing angles. and last the phone is much slimmer and very comfortable to hold.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Just wanted to say i bought Huawei Ascend P1 and cant believe Huawei can compete in Camera department...compared with friend's Nexus 4, huawei was clear winner...plus touch is butter smooth on ICS. will upgrade to Jelly Bean...and I'm really impressed by its viewing angles. and last the phone is much slimmer and very comfortable to hold.

Yeah I took a look at *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/reviews/177113-huawei-ascend-p1-review.html and it looks really a good :)

aanderful

Right off the assembly line
Hello Digitians,

I want a quick suggestion for a new phone <10k for a friend. She's not a heavy user or a gamer, so durability and build quality are of paramount importance. Jelly Bean would be good although its not a priority. I have looked at Xolo q800 and huawei p1 (although p1 is beyond the budget) and I'm impressed with both the phones. Not going for mmx doodle as i know mmx's reputation (i already have a mmx tab, lets not even talk about it).

Please help!

sushovan

In the zone
Get P1 (if budget permits) or xolo q700. Q700 has same internals as Q800 and after the recent update for Q700(named Q700i from XOLO) its even more worth going for than Q800.

koolent

Youngling
Help needed again lads :p,

so, I need a phone to game and have a shitload of apps on <10k which makes Android the obvious choice. I looked at the XOLO Q800, X910 also Karbonn Titanum S5, can't decide.
The major problem comes from the gyro(scope), do u really use a gyro that much while gaming. For the Q800 is the only one with a gyro and a Cortrex A7 as a setback while the S5 has a Qualcomm Snapdragon AND the X910 has an Intel Atom. All the three go with 1 GB of RAM. Help me decide here.

It's not necessary to buy something from the ones listed above, it's just that I'd like to go with the best one out their within 10k, the phone must perform well. I have to buy the phone soon, so quickly please. :)

koolent

Youngling
Fine then, the XOLO Q800 it is. Now something important, how durable is the phone? I do not mean to throw it from the 2nd floor, but will it be able to survive some drops? What about the service? There are a couple of service centres here in kota, but how's their service?

Superayush

Tech lover
Fine then, the XOLO Q800 it is. Now something important, how durable is the phone? I do not mean to throw it from the 2nd floor, but will it be able to survive some drops? What about the service? There are a couple of service centres here in kota, but how's their service?

Phone durable or not it's highly recommended to use some cover while carrying phone ..it might might not survive chest level falls highly depending on the surface that gets impacted.
Service is sadly not really good ..I heard

koolent

Youngling
How about this Gionee GPad G3 ?

Oh, okay, the resolution is pretty low, so, going for the Q800 suggestions are still welcome :)

vr.46

Right off the assembly line
I'm settling for Q800. Does the w-m chip play 1080p with mx player? Both Q700/Q800 come with w-m chip now.

koolent

Youngling
Maybe, yea. It can.
Guys, confused again, I talked to my father, he has agreed but he might as well increase the budget. So, tell me the best phone(seperately) for:

<10k
<12k
<15k

sushovan

In the zone
Maybe, yea. It can.
Guys, confused again, I talked to my father, he has agreed but he might as well increase the budget. So, tell me the best phone(seperately) for:

<10k
<12k
<15k

<10K - Xolo Q700

<12K - Huawei Ascend P1

<15K - LG optimus L9/Lenovo P780( 17k but worth every penny)

sksundram

In the zone
Why Q700? what are the changes to be xact? :p

Whats up with the Titanium S5?

I would have advised to go for xolo q800 but since i came to know lately that xolo q700 also support "install to sd" after the q700i update, q700 tops the choice list.. With ogs display and higher rated battery it beats other phones in this segment.. The wm chipset can surely play high end games with decent frame rates... Don't wait just buy.. And a big no to karbonn t5

Top Bottom