** ~10k mobile advice thread **

AnmpuMedia

Broken In
Check this one if you like to go with local brands..Gionee CTRL V4 @ 8.5k-8.7k locally.
Gionee Mobile India | CTRL V4
Quality of Gionee phones is better than any micromax/karbon phones at it's range.
Atleast I found G1/P2 very good in performance at this price-point. Although can't say anything about their A.S.S. .

I had looked at the ctrl v4 earlier . I kinda liked it but I couldn't find any proper reviews for it.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Suggest a nice Phone in 12k range..
Screen : 4" (not mandatory though)
Brands : Nokia, HTC, Sony or any other good brand (Pls try to keep samsung away, also friends suggested to keep away from LG)

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Brands : Nokia, HTC, Sony or any other good brand (Pls try to keep samsung away, also friends suggested to keep away from LG)

Xperia M

Minion

Conversation Architect

Get huwaie P1 very good phone for price.

sushovan

In the zone
Thanx. Seems very sensible option but,

do tier 1 companies have no good options??

no (from the brands you mentioned). If you want to settle for tier 1 brands, then you have to extend your budget and get Xperia L ( Xperia M is utter crap compared to L , seen them both). else get the P1 as HTC is still busy with its tried and failed formula of selling overpriced phones with crap config (Desire 500). There are also enough options from "indian" brands like Lava iris 504Q ( I would personally choose those over HTCs anyday as HTC's "after sales service" is nothing much to write home about when compared to those chinese ones :cool:)

Minion

Conversation Architect
Thanx. Seems very sensible option but,

do tier 1 companies have no good options??
For me huawei is tier 2 brand (it may be good around world but i have no experiences in their mobiles)

No other phone can beat it in same price range.

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
^ Yes 8.5k is very good price i myself will be switching to it sometime this year.
Also is N7 16gb wifi worth getting at 10k?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
@Sam and others, bored with WP and it's problems and lack of App Support and non customizable UI :(

Looking for a Android phone, though I'm not sure whether I'll surely buy one now or wait till 2014.

But still if I make my mind to buy one now, what would you suggest? Ofcourse I know the Buying Template and all :p But, as I'm posting this in ~10k thread, my budget is like that only with a bit stretchable.

Reading the comments above and other threads, thinking of XPeria L, but I would love i it'd have the looks of XPeria U or that series of phones :p

I want the best in that budget but only from Tier I companies. So please leave out Indian Brands and Tier II Brands and Brands that needs to be imported, as warranty and RMA matters for me.

sushovan

In the zone
Looking for a Android phone, though I'm not sure whether I'll surely buy one now or wait till 2014.

I'm posting this in ~10k thread, my budget is like that only with a bit stretchable.
I want the best in that budget but only from Tier I companies. So please leave out Indian Brands and Tier II Brands and Brands that needs to be imported, as warranty and RMA matters for me.
there's no such thing as best in that budget. you are free to choose any as all of them come with sluggish processors and minimal amount of ram. unless you consider tier 2 brands, I'd suggest to wait.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
there's no such thing as best in that budget. you are free to choose any as all of them come with sluggish processors and minimal amount of ram. unless you consider tier 2 brands, I'd suggest to wait.

I can spend upto 15k. I don't mind spending 20k too, but then another Android version would come up in few months and I'd be excited to upgrade to that version. So for now I want to keep my budget to 15k.

What about XP L or XP M?

sushovan

In the zone
Xperia L or L9 (price is exactly same at this point).

L9 over XP L - better display, better battery, way more popular among devs as of now. ( CM inc anyone? :-D )

XP L over L9 - better camera(supposedly so as L9's camera is not much good, you have to tweak it a lot and Xperia L users were complaning about its disappointing camera but maybe this was fixed by later updates)

or you can skip these altogether and wait for L9 II :razz:.

Minion

Conversation Architect
I can spend upto 15k. I don't mind spending 20k too, but then another Android version would come up in few months and I'd be excited to upgrade to that version. So for now I want to keep my budget to 15k.

What about XP L or XP M?

You can get Huwaie P1 for 11k.Full HD recording,8MP Camera,A9 Dual core processor.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Xperia L or L9 (price is exactly same at this point).

L9 over XP L - better display, better battery, way more popular among devs as of now. ( CM inc anyone? :-D )

XP L over L9 - better camera(supposedly so as L9's camera is not much good, you have to tweak it a lot and Xperia L users were complaning about its disappointing camera but maybe this was fixed by later updates)

or you can skip these altogether and wait for L9 II :razz:.

Thanks..!! That's a nice post :)

You can get Huwaie P1 for 11k.Full HD recording,8MP Camera,A9 Dual core processor.

Yeah. I was looking around about this phone. Will surely look at it :)

sushovan

In the zone
Huawei P1 is much more VFM compared to those two anyway and its camera is very good (comparable to Galaxy Grand which boasts one of the best 8 mp cameras under 20k in any phone). One of my friend has it and he's running CM 10.2 :mrgreen:

Top Bottom