1080p monitor [Budget:10k]

Rajat Giri

Journeyman
1. Budget?
>10k. Can extend 2-3k
2. Display type and size?
>22 inch IPS panel
3. Primary use of Tv/monitor?
>Watching Movies, Browsing and casual gaming.
4. Ports Required?
>HDMI and VGA will suffice.
5. Preferred choice of brand?
>Nothing specific.
6. Any TV/monitor in consideration?
>I'm inclined towards hp 22xw
Suggest other alternatives too.
7. Any other info that you want to share.
>--

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Dell S2216H 22" LED IPS -8,100.

Link:Dell S2216H 54.61 cm (21.5) Monitor( New Model Of Dell S2240L) - Buy Dell S2216H 54.61 cm (21.5) Monitor( New Model Of Dell S2240L) Online at Low Price in India - Snapdeal

ShaQ.Blogs

Right off the assembly line
If the above mentioned monitor has the same panel as this one below, then go for it.
If not, I would suggest you go with this one instead. Might have to stretch your budget a bit.

Dell S2415H

This is a terrific monitor for sure. It comes highly recommended.
Is the price difference justified, i'm not sure.

OP
Rajat Giri

Rajat Giri

Journeyman
Dell S2216H as well as S2415H have reflecting panels. As there is a big window in front of my PC through which bright sunlight enters the room so getting a reflecting panel won't be good.

[MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION]
I think you've got the hp 22xw. How's the monitor for casual gaming and movie watching ?
How's the IPS panel on this monitor ?
Is it anti glare monitor or do you notice some reflections

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
[MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION]
I think you've got the hp 22xw. How's the monitor for casual gaming and movie watching ?
How's the IPS panel on this monitor ?
Is it anti glare monitor or do you notice some reflections

I love my HP 22XW. I find it extremely good. Little to no reflection at all. Of course there is a bright spot if you view directly in line with the source of light. But I like the display very much. FHd videos are a delight to watch.
And the white bezel is more likable than I thought would be. So much so that I was almost about to buy Xiaomi's Mi4i since it featured similar display (with thin whilte bezel and curved corners).

I also like the fact that the actual display seems to be on the surface of the bezel, not inside it.

*i.imgur.com/iiMrmJU.jpg

High definition image: *i.imgur.com/ZiHtjd3.jpg (I am blew away by the fact that my Moto X can capture individual pixels!).

OP
Rajat Giri

Rajat Giri

Journeyman
Thanks [MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] you made my decision a lot easy.
I will get this beauty from hp store next week.
Thanks guys for helping me out.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I am glad to. Btw, this is the album for my sweet monitor. I like the stand too.
HP Pavillion 22XW Monitor - Album on Imgur

Btw, the only qualm I have about my monitor is that sometimes it feels small. I guess I have appetite for moar! :p

Hrishi

There is a 1440p 27" [MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION]. I wish I had a GPU like 980 to buy it.

D

Deleted member 118788

I have 2x HP 22XW IPS in my office and can vouch for them. Easily the best monitor you can get under 10K.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a 1440p 27" [MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION]. I wish I had a GPU like 980 to buy it.

I am using a 1440p 27" with a R9 270X and it works fine. 1440p is just a amazing experience, imagine running 3 applications on the same screen at a same time. This thing have gave me a tremendous productivity boost as I am a web developer. I am able to work do more work in less time with more peace. :)

Don't forget to use Windows 10 if you plan on getting a 1440p monitor.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I have 2x HP 22XW IPS in my office and can vouch for them. Easily the best monitor you can get under 10K.

Can you post a pic of your 1440p 22XW? I want to see how cool it looks. Set some cool wallpaper that pops the color reproduction of the monitor.

And, you guys making me want to buy a 1440 HP 22XW. :wub:

D

Deleted member 118788

Can you post a pic of your 1440p 22XW? I want to see how cool it looks. Set some cool wallpaper that pops the color reproduction of the monitor.

And, you guys making me want to buy a 1440 HP 22XW. :wub:

No, You are getting it wrong. I have a Korean 27 1440p. I was talking about my office's HP 22XW which are Full HD monitors. Rishi was talking about HP 27 1440p model.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no 1440p HP 22XW. He is talking about his Korean 1440p monitor.

Indeed

Hrishi

Really ? There is a 27" HP monitor with the same panel that has 1440p rez. I will check again in my bookmarks on PC to be sure.

D

Deleted member 118788

Really ? There is a 27" HP monitor with the same panel that has 1440p rez. I will check again in my bookmarks on PC to be sure.

It's there but not sure if available in India. Model is HP ZR2740w 27"

Top Bottom