100% repair of Laptop & Desktop Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

raj7000

Broken In
Hi sandip i am studying hardware and networking from jetking i wanted some advice on laptop repairing.I have a dell cpx latitude laptop.It is not strating at all.I showed it to a hardware engineer over here and he tod me that the motherboard had problems and the repairing cost woud be around 7000 Rs.Can u provide me some help on how can i repair the laptop on my own or is there any guide on rapiring laptops which can help me.I live in surat.Please note that laptop repairing is not covered in our syllabus and can u send me the list of tools and guide needed to repair a desktop motherboard

OP
S

santapg

Broken In
Getting Laptop & Desktop IC's

See i am into the business since last 16 years, I get all my requirements from China, if you have some contacts thats easy. secondly there is no book for laptop repair which u can read and repair.... porper learning the subject is very important. If you are interested in learning visit my web site which gives all details about the course i do conduct on laptop troubleshooting and repairing.

Sandip Golani

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
^can you tel me whats wrong with this Laptop LCD

*s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/lcd-20071017122938.jpg-=-=-=-=-*s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/lcd_negative_effect-20071017122939.jpg

is it repairable?

if not, how much will a new LCD will cost?

Laptop- Compaq Presario M2000.
m/b intel 855.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70923

bugsome

Broken In
Re: Keyboard and mouse no power problem

santapg said:
All desktop motherboard has a fuse near the keyboard jack through which 5v DC flows the fuse has blown off. It controls both keyboard and mouse.

Sandip Golani

Thanks for the info man...i got it serviced..Thx again..
But now i've got another problem...My system is refusing to boot..no display,No beep...nothing..just the fan and lights are working.I tried another RAM but same..Worse..sometimes it boots up...but is restarting repeatedly...I suspected the SMPS and brought a new one..but the same..What could be wrong?

BilluMastan

Broken In
santapg said:
Hi! i am Sandip Golani from kolkata India, Engaged in chip Level Repairing & Troubleshooting Of Laptop & Desktop Motherboard, If Any Board User have any problem in laptop or desktop hardware or software pls feel free to write in this forum. I will answer to all questions.

Thank Board

Sandip Golani
well i purchased one mobo(Omaxe 865chipset) to replace my oldone (Gygabyte845 chipset)which went faulty in my pc(assembled)PIV,DDR1 ram 512mb,window xp(media centre), dvd & cd-rom drives. After assembling when tried to install the mobo driver cd it works fine except the realtek97 could not be loaded and cd-rom drive had not active due to ide2 port in the mobo not working. Now i want to get the software of the mobo(omaxe) driver cd in the site to download coz the cd is missing. could u help me in resolve my problems.:confused: :confused:

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
Hello santapg.. was relieved to hear that u've had an experience since 16 years... :)

hope you can help me.

The problem with my old Celeron PC ( Pentium 3 era) is that
When i turn it on, it does not POST. The Motherboard has a light which lights up. The fans are working. The CPU gets hot... i touched it after turning it off.
The RAM is working.
The monitor shoes "No SIGNAL"
Initially after warming it up by leaving it in the conditon for 1 hour or so and then restarting it solved the problem. ;) slowly it had to be kept overnight and then from one day it wouldn't ever start.

My speculation is that the motherboard has gone dead.

and 3 of my friends having similarly aged Computers with similar specification face the same problem.

One of them does not start at all.
One of them starts but like my initial problem . Sometimes it does, sometimes after warming up.
the other has similar problems.

All in all there are 4 of us and the computer are really old ~ 5 years or so.

Is it because the capacitors have gone dead?

but i have seen people getting it repaired without replacing the motherboard as well..

could you help me?

OP
S

santapg

Broken In
s18000rpm said:
^can you tel me whats wrong with this Laptop LCD

*s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/lcd-20071017122938.jpg-=-=-=-=-*s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/lcd_negative_effect-20071017122939.jpg

is it repairable?

if not, how much will a new LCD will cost?

Laptop- Compaq Presario M2000.
m/b intel 855.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70923

It is a matrix controller problem with your laptop. It is repairable. we have to change the matrix controller or it can be also dry solder some where.

Sandip Golani

mayneu

Journeyman
santapg said:
Hi! i am Sandip Golani from kolkata India, Engaged in chip Level Repairing & Troubleshooting Of Laptop & Desktop Motherboard, If Any Board User have any problem in laptop or desktop hardware or software pls feel free to write in this forum. I will answer to all questions.

Thank Board

Sandip Golani

hi santapg, i need a advice from u.
i have a dell E1505 inspiron laptop. its 1 and half years old. now its dvd wroter got screwed up. i want to replace it with a new one.
i am in search of it. but not yet decided which company dvd writer to choose. i heard that liteon is best.
what do u say??? i want an internal dvd writer with dual layer capability. when i enquired it here in bangalore, they said liteon costs 4.5k approx.

some said toshiba is best.
what would u suggest??? and why. i need the full details of that model with price and contact number of the service centre....if u dont mind.....
i am in need of a dvd writer urgently.... kindly reply soon pls.... my email id manuvaidya@gmail.com

I have a really old 11" screen twinhead lappy.
It says powered by intel 32 bit processor.
it has windows95(guess) and dos.:lol:
mouse ball on rt side up not working
it was my first pc, so have some imotional attachments:cry:
its really light and compact.
only floppy drive.
my uncle gave it to me 9 years back.
my mom dropped it while it was in its bag:mad:
it broke a bit on the right hand corner.
screen not working.
guess some wires broken.
this happened years back
please advice how it can be repared.
also, what good use can it be put to other than playing aladdin, doom, jill of the jungle and lionking?:-?
can I run linux?:D

satyamy

Alive Again...
santapg said:

Thank Board

Sandip Golani

I have some problem with my Desktop Mobo
Can you help ?

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Hi Santapg.... Welcome :):)

Problem: Desktop Motherboard
Brand: ASROCK
Type:Intel 865GV

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73329
This will tell u abt my problem

Now i was told by my service engineer that the chipset IC was failed....
and he told u cat get that IC, so I have to change the Motherboard!!

What u say santagp???
Waiting for ur reply!

ajayritik

Technomancer
santapg! Can you help me? I have an old computer which isnt working anymore! When I took it to hardware shop the fellow told that the motherboard is not working . Can I repair my motherboard? Whom should I take the motherboard to? Will there be people who specifically work on motherboards? Can a motherboard be repaired if its faulty?

GRABDAB

Right off the assembly line
Acer laptop motherboard problem

Hi Sandip,

My Acer Laptop 2300 travel mate is not booting.
The authorised service centre told me that an IC is gone on the motherboard.
I want to know if the IC can be repaired/replaced.
OR, can I fix someother laptop motherboard?

Thanks and regards,
Grab

__12on

Hello Santapg, i have a compaq presario V3000 V3424av. My problem is that the laptop has been damaged. The company repairers have told it is a motherboard problem and that the repair or change will cost me 16 000 Rs/-!! 16 K is too much i guess, so would you please inform me whether the said amount is true? or any other advice would help. I reside in chennai. BTW its been exactly one year and i have lost the warranty.

rkum

Dear Sandeep Ji,
I have a Compaq 2375 model Laptop. I have some problem in its motherboard in power input side. Incase u undertake chip level repairs of Laptop Motherboard then I may carry the same to you, or else you may let me know an authentic place in Kolkata who undertake chip level repairs. Regards, Ravi, 9230000880.

chouhow

Broken In

Thank Board

Sandip Golani

one fine day my motherboard start beeps 5 times but no display on my screen and
than no motion from my cpu.the fan and processor do starts and graphic card too but only for 5 seconds than everything goes stand still.i contacted asus customer care and they respond this---
Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.

My name is Jany and it is my pleasure to help you with your problem today.

Do you mean that the PC now could not POST?
If yes, please clear CMOS as the following steps:
1)Turn off the computer and unplug the power cord.
2)Remove the BIOS battery.
3)Move the clrtc1(besides the battery) jumper caps from [1-2] to [2-3]
for 5-10 seconds,then put the jumper caps back to the original position, [1-2].
4) Re-install the battery.
5) Plug the power cord and turn ON the computer.
6) If you can go to bios then, load default settings, save and exit.
If it is not helpful, I suggest you to take the motherboard out of case and keep the necessary components(a CPU, one memory, a graphic card) onboard for a test.
If the problem still exists,
1, Please take out your memory cards and graphics card, try to clean their golden connectors with a rubber, then reseat them back.
2, Please take the CPU cooler out, add some thermal paste to the CPU surface, then reseat the cooler back and keep the cooler tightly installed.
If the problem still persists, if convenience, please change the necessary components to test again.
If it is still not helpful and your retailer could not help you, please let me know. Thanks for your cooperation.
but to my surprise there is definitely a three pin near cmos battery,but there is no cap on it,do that is the problem which is creating no display .please help me!!!
my config---asus a8ne, amd athlon 3000+,512mb RAM*2, 160 gb hdd,nvidia 6600 GT 256 Mb card.

vkajith

Hello All

My Laptop (Compaq Presario C300) is not responding to Power On. One technician opened it and found out that one IC in the Power Supply section is burned out, but no idea, which this IC is. Can anyone help?

Thanks for your time
Ajith

prasensmu

Thank Board

Sandip Golani
Hi Sandip..I am a reseller (kolkata),i am having many non-working p4 -p3 motherboard.
i wnna to repair those under Rs 200 .
Pls send me ur quatation or advice to email :prasensmu@gmail.com

gggg66

Thank Board

Sandip Golani
hi sandip,
im in serious problem in my laptop ........
it is the model of hp compaq nx6110 which is familiar ................

problem:
in my lap top after my battery got backuping problem since 6 months .....i used to rum on ac in regular. then and there it will get hang and by pressing or tilting by oneside made it to be continued.. upto few weeks, ago it got stopped working at all.........
i depart the computer and i cant find where the prblem is but the adapter volt is 17.8
and when it is pluged in the motherboard ...the input volt across inputu holder is 300millivolts only ................
wat may be the problem............

is there any materials on repairing laptop & desktop mother board in board level.......
actually its warranty had gone one year ago....
i asked for service it ..............it comes of cost 3-5000 /- for that i can bout new to my laptop..... so please help me on this ...........
if the matter is not clear then reply me i will explain it broadly..............

thanks in advance...............waiting rply
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
See i am into the business since last 16 years, I get all my requirements from China, if you have some contacts thats easy. secondly there is no book for laptop repair which u can read and repair.... porper learning the subject is very important. If you are interested in learning visit my web site which gives all details about the course i do conduct on laptop troubleshooting and repairing.

Sandip Golani

:) hi i cant find ur web address canu mail me please ............ thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom