10 inch tablet for 15k-20k

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Parents wants a 10 inch tablet for internet surfing - mainly youtube videos and reading articles. How is iBall Slide 3GQ1035?

*www.flipkart.com/iball-slide-3gq10...blet&ref=9573ec60-f112-490c-9c27-4c69dad4bc15

Need a good screen - crisp and clear text. I might use it to read PDFs.
They want to go with iPad Air. But is it really worth to spend 32k on iPad, just to browse internet? Looking for a light weight tablet too.

OP
C

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
need 9.7 inch - 10 inch. They saw how websites looked on 7/8 inch tablets and were not impressed.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat...ard-about-technology-cool-38.html#post2102286

Case 2: a friend of mine wanted to buy a tablet for reading ebooks, pdfs and watching movies. He bought a Samsung tab 3 :facepalm: because of 10 inch screen and is stuck with android ICS and most of his movies aren't supported even by mxplayer due to codec issues. :lol:

OP
C

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
I won't be using the tablet much. This is for my parents and they need a bigger screen because viewing on a 7 inch screen is difficult for them compared to a 10 inch screen.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
get an ipad 2 16gb wifi , its available for 20k locally and since u need a 10 inch display and a stable tab, forget android(except for a few like nexus 7)
vlc player is available on ios for movies etc and kindle and ibooks are perfect for reading books
and unlike cheaper ics(or newer except nexus 7) offerings, itll be supported for a longer time and has a better looking and sturdier finish and is premium
i myself own ipad 2,3 and 4 and still use my 2 very frequently as an ebook reader,email,browsing etc

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Parents wants a 10 inch tablet for internet surfing - mainly youtube videos and reading articles. How is iBall Slide 3GQ1035?

*www.flipkart.com/iball-slide-3gq10...blet&ref=9573ec60-f112-490c-9c27-4c69dad4bc15

Need a good screen - crisp and clear text. I might use it to read PDFs.
They want to go with iPad Air. But is it really worth to spend 32k on iPad, just to browse internet? Looking for a light weight tablet too.
Reviews are quite good from the buyers and users of this Tablet.

Also look out for a youtube review by one reviewer,where the Tablet is said to perform decently in apps and games.

get an ipad 2 16gb wifi , its available for 20k locally and since u need a 10 inch display and a stable tab, forget android(except for a few like nexus 7)
vlc player is available on ios for movies etc and kindle and ibooks are perfect for reading books
and unlike cheaper ics(or newer except nexus 7) offerings, itll be supported for a longer time and has a better looking and sturdier finish and is premium
i myself own ipad 2,3 and 4 and still use my 2 very frequently as an ebook reader,email,browsing etc

Nexus 7(2013) is a much better device mainly because Apple products are overpriced

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Nexus 7(2013) is a much better device mainly because Apple products are overpriced

i disagree, while i myself own a nexus 7(2012) and a nexus 5 16gb , i must say other than nexus devices, all other android tablets are big letdowns
ipads may be expensive but they certainly beat android tablets(except nexus 7)
ipads and nexus are more or less equal
on the go i find myself using my nexus 7 more but on flights , home etc , i read ebooks on my ipads
unlike macs and iphones, ipads are delightful devices and are worth the extra bit
my oldest ipad,ipad 2 3G 32gb still works perfect and can play all heavy games like infinity blade series etc without lag
android tablets look better on paper but other than nexus none can match an ipad
instead of spending so much on a nexus 7 2013 3G , an ipad is a much better buy, the wifi nexus 7 2013 and 2012 are worth the money

how is ipad mini overpriced if it costs and performs the same as a nexus 7 2013, thats a very vague statement-"overpriced", "better"

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Bet you can't install Ubuntu touch os in iPad :p

And why would I want a half baked Linux tablet os on my fully functional Unix tablet?
Forget me,why would an older couple who want a casual usage tablet buy an android tablet and install Ubuntu touch?
Android or actually Linux in general isn't the world even Unix based mac osx and ios have more potential despite having lesser market share than windows overall
Just fyi I have a nexus 7 2012 which was running Ubuntu touch until last week but it was so half baked its back to only 4.4(android)
Don't bring useless points for the sake of arguing,there's no need to follow me around the forums to "prove me wrong" and get insulted by others in the end(not even me,I'm ignoring the lot of u)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ sorry to offend you :sarcasm:.

and i'm not "following you around the forums to prove you wrong" :deadbored:

@OP, get Nexus 7 or Asus Phonepad 7. :)

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
[MENTION=4064]Chirag[/MENTION],
Nexus 7 is definitely a VERY GOOD Tablet,without any doubt as most of our @TDF Friends endorse it.

What I find as a single con is that the screen is 7" only(MY PERSONAL CHOICE). As per your Parent's choice I feel that a 10.1" screen will be better for them in viewing. Moreover,hopefully they won't move with the Tablet from one place to another,but may be limited in mobility within the House.
For students,office goers etc. Nexus 7 is a definite buy,but for House dwellers I think, iBall SLIDE 3G Q1035 will be the best for its optimum usage.

Ultimately your decision Friend [MENTION=4064]Chirag[/MENTION].

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
^ sorry to offend you :sarcasm:.

and i'm not "following you around the forums to prove you wrong" :deadbored:

@OP, get Nexus 7 or Asus Phonepad 7. :)

Alright then explain why the minute I reply to a thread u co.e along with a different reply just to irritate me and sometimes others
Why recommend phonepad over nexus 7 though? For voice calling?
That's plain weird,making calls from a tablet isn't practical
@op get an iPad if its within ur budget , its a beautiful device and its great for older people as well
I made my own parents and grandfather get iPads for themselves and they love it , its to use and has excellent build quality etc unlike most android tablets
Incase u don't have the budget, get the nexus 7 2012 instead,its a great tablet as well and is close to an iPad but ios has its simplistic ui and ease which no android tablet will ever have
Ps-iPad mini is available for 17k , iPad 2(not obselete at all and runs smooth)-20k and nexus 7 32gb-10k

OP
C

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Got an iPad Air for 31k from Amazon. Parents are loving the tablet and that was the point.
Sometimes Safari crashes while browsing a website. Happened twice in past 3 days. Common issue?

Top Bottom