1 Ton Split AC under 31k?

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
hi guys,
I'm looking for a 1 Ton split AC under 31k (including installation). My room is 130sq ft in size with only roof and southern wall exposed to direct sunlight. one 5X4 window on southern wall which is closed most of the time.

Primary requirement is long term reliability and hassle free operation.

I checked some showrooms in my city. and found these available for sale:

1. Samsung 1 ton 2 Star (dealer didn't provided model no) = Rs.24.7k

2. Samsung 1 ton 3 Star (model = AR12FC3EAP) = Rs.27.3k

3. Daikin 2 star 1 ton FTE35NV16 @ 29k (There is no service center of daikin in my city, seller said he'll provide service so i'm hesitant about buying it)

4. Panasonic 1 ton 3 Star (CS-YE12 series) = Rs.28.7k

5. Voltas 4star with 3.35 EER @ 30.9k

6. videocon 3 star with 2.90 EER @ 27k

7. Whirlpool 1Ton 3 Star (dealer didn't provided model no.) = ~28k

8. LG 3 star 1ton AC (didn't provided model no) @ 28k

I've already got a 4kva stabilizer so stab isn't required.

Which one from above would you recommend for long term reliability?
How is voltas? most efficient AC i could find within my budget was voltas 4 star with 3.35EER

my usage is ~ 3-5hrs per day for 8months per year.

ps: only the above mentioned ACs are available here, no other brands were avaiable like bluestar, hitachi or mitsubishi. carrier 3 star ACs were priced above my budget and only inverter ACs from sharp were avaiable (XP13LV priced 37k+2k)

Last edited:
OP
happy17292

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
For 3 to 5 hrs its no big deal ,the 2 star is just fine too. The next best option is the Panasonic.

Ok daikin or panasonic for non inverter AC.

3-5 hrs is current estimated usage. They might start using it for ~8hrs per day when ac is installed :confused: so i'm trying to convince my dad to buy an inverter AC instead. Which one would be a better buy in that case?

Sharp xp13lv @39k
Or
Daikin 1ton inverter (unknown model no) @34.7k

OP
happy17292

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
The Sharp is too expensive,it is best bought at Rs 33K. Better get the Daikin in this case.

Bought Voltas 125 CXi 4 star 3.35 EER yesterday @ 30k + installation.

panasonic was out of stock and the price of Daikin AC was increased by 3-4k, with 2 star 1 ton selling @ 33k now. :-x

Since i have zero knowledge on installation,any tips or things i should be careful about?

Should i get it installed from the dealer or from authorized service personnel from local voltas SVC?

What other things i should be careful about?

1. vacuuming to remove O2 and pressure check.

2. insulation tape on copper pipes (is this really required? as those copper pipes come with foam covers for insulation)

3. Good quality ODU stand from godrej

anything else i'm missing?

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Yes take care of those three things and thge tape is important as the foam will be damaged within a year and then you will have to buy foam and tape all over again Hence a stitch in time saves nine.

OP
happy17292

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
Yes take care of those three things and thge tape is important as the foam will be damaged within a year and then you will have to buy foam and tape all over again Hence a stitch in time saves nine.

What kind of insulation tape is required? can i use normal electric wire insulation tape or special AC insulation tape is required (where can i find them? AC repair/service shops?)

Top Bottom