1 TB USB3 external HDD

spm

Journeyman
I plan to buy an external HDD. I have decided the size to be 1TB. and since my laptop supports USB 3 i guess it will be a good option to go for in the HDD as well. Now am confused as should I wait for the prices to come down or should I buy it now. Is there a huge price difference between 500GB and 1TB drives.
And finally which HDD should I buy. After doing a little research I couldn't narrow down my options. So help me out here.
The main use of the HDD will be for back up purpose. but i will go for a 2.5 inch drive.

OP
S

spm

Journeyman
But basicaly what is the difference between this element and passport drives from WD. I don't understand. I had already seen that thread and some others and as I mentioned above am totally confused.

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
The Passport drive comes with additional software to search, sync and encrypt.
whereas the Elements do not have such softwares.

OP
S

spm

Journeyman
So is there any price difference between these two series from WD.
And what abt seagate, hitachi, verbatium, buffalo and others. My requirements are space with decent speeds. I dont need the speeds to be sky high as am on a budget. But the drive should be reliable.

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
ofcourse there is a price difference of abt Rs 400 atleast.

WD Element is the cheapest among all.. and reliable and will nt hurt ur pocket even, speed is good..
do u or any or ur frnd/relative have american express card? coz u may have additional discount using that card..

OP
S

spm

Journeyman
american express... dont know of anyone using it. Let me check. where will i get discounts with that card. and are there any type of discount coupons available any online stores in india.

Top Bottom