[1.5L (+40K)] Build Suggestion - 4K Dual Boot Windows and Hackintosh - Photographer config - Lightroom

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
If I have two fans up on the top would I configure in a way are pushing the air or pulling the air? Is there a way to just disable those CoolerMaster front fans incase I decide to use two on top and 1 at the rear?
I think top fans should push air out as hot air rises to the top in cabinet & as for disabling front fans again I think it should just be a matter of not connecting the headers but wait for others.

If I have to get 2 ARGB fans on the top of the case of CM MB511 which one should I consider? I know it isn't required but if those Out of the box front fans annoy me I have 2 of these fans that I can use as a replacement.

If I have two fans up on the top would I configure in a way are pushing the air or pulling the air? Is there a way to just disable those CoolerMaster front fans incase I decide to use two on top and 1 at the rear?
Use front 3 to pull air at high RPM, rear & top fans to push air out at low RPM to create positive air pressure inside case, good for cooling, helps a bit with dust as well. Since its physics that hot air rises above, its a bad idea to put top fans for pulling air in.

Here's a detailed video on that topic:

OP
V

venkig

Broken In
Perfect. Top fans to push the air out. What fans do you guys recommend? I will be shifting my house in 2 days.

So I'll prolly get the system delivered to my new place instead of getting it here and moving it again.

Perfect. Top fans to push the air out. What fans do you guys recommend? I will be shifting my house in 2 days.

So I'll prolly get the system delivered to my new place instead of getting it here and moving it again.
Noctua 140mm industrial grade fans are considered the best, but are expensive as well, there are cheaper ones at like 1.5k+ per fan.
Buy Online Nocuta NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM 140mm PWM AAO Frame Technology and SSO2 Bearing Fan - in India

Get some 1500RPM cheaper fans, should suffice.
Buy Cooler Master MasterFan MF120L RGB at Best Price in India - mdcomputers.in

OP
V

venkig

Broken In
So if I am getting two of this Cooler Master MasterFan MF120L RGB for top of the case set-up and MB 511RGB and ASUS x570 TUF Pro WiFi. Will I be running out of motherboard RGB header? What situations will people out of RGB header on Mobo(if that is even a thing?)

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
So if I am getting two of this Cooler Master MasterFan MF120L RGB for top of the case set-up and MB 511RGB and ASUS x570 TUF Pro WiFi. Will I be running out of motherboard RGB header? What situations will people out of RGB header on Mobo(if that is even a thing?)
OP can use this accessory to use as fan controller. No need for any RGB or ARGB motherboard also
Link:Cooler Master Wired RGB Controller C10L 3 Mode Ideal for RGB Case Coolers and Radiators Fans *www.amazon.in/dp/B0787FVBV8/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_Nro.EbW1S75WA

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk

OP
V

venkig

Broken In
My dealer has asked me to send him the specs so that we can finalize the build. Here it is. Chose 5500 XT incase down the road I decide to scratch the Hackintosh itch.

AMD 3700X
ASUS x570 TUF Pro WiFi
G skills F4-3600c16d-32gtznc
Western Digital Blue SN550 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME
RX 5500 XT
Cooler master MB -511 RGB
Corsair TX650M
BenQ EW3270U

My dealer has asked me to send him the specs so that we can finalize the build. Here it is. Chose 5500 XT incase down the road I decide to scratch the Hackintosh itch.

AMD 3700X
ASUS x570 TUF Pro WiFi
RX 5500 XT
Corsair TX650M
BenQ EW3270U
Looks good, just to be clear, RAM is 2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz, right? You don't have to stick with G skill (unless you liked its RGB, which adds to the cost). You can get any reputed brand with low price, like Corsair, Adata XPG, Crucial, etc.

5500XT is expensive considering its performance, but that's what you sacrifice for Hackintosh, so worth it for you.

OP
V

venkig

Broken In
RAM is 2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz. I liked that RAM and the dealer already bought it for me, so I'll stick with it.

5500XT is expensive for it's performance but for me gaming is not a botheration at all. I am guessing this is still better than RX580 in terms of heat, right? I just want to do 1*4K + 1*1080p set-up now, tonna productivity and 10% of lightroom for when I want to work on my images. Photoshop less than 2% of time in an entire month where I just need to use Content-Aware to remove unwanted objects, if any from my image. I will also had several chrome tabs + firefox tabs opened and YouTube videos playing the background and in some rare occasion do NetFlix also (prefer to use TV for that) while multitasking things. 5500XT card is supported in Catalina.

Would I have any issues if I am using 2*4K displays in the future? This card should still hold fine, right?

RAM is 2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz. I liked that RAM and the dealer already bought it for me, so I'll stick with it.

5500XT is expensive for it's performance but for me gaming is not a botheration at all. I am guessing this is still better than RX580 in terms of heat, right? I just want to do 1*4K + 1*1080p set-up now, tonna productivity and 10% of lightroom for when I want to work on my images. Photoshop less than 2% of time in an entire month where I just need to use Content-Aware to remove unwanted objects, if any from my image. I will also had several chrome tabs + firefox tabs opened and YouTube videos playing the background and in some rare occasion do NetFlix also (prefer to use TV for that) while multitasking things. 5500XT card is supported in Catalina.

Would I have any issues if I am using 2*4K displays in the future? This card should still hold fine, right?
Yes, it will run 2x 4K displays, maybe up to 4. Check manufacturer's page for the specific 5500XT you are looking at.

OP
V

venkig

Broken In
My dealer told me there is no ASUS x570 TUF Pro WiFi anywhere in the market here and suggested me to do GIGABYTE X570 AROS ELITE WI-FI. I know TUF has better VRAM. I kinda don't want to push building my PC just for Mobo unless the TUF is to die for and is worth that wait.

I was also suggested Antec 750W HUG.

Anybody has any views on Deepcool Matrexx 55 v3 ARGB for the case. Apparently cheaper than MB511 RGB.

My dealer told me there is no ASUS x570 TUF Pro WiFi anywhere in the market here and suggested me to do GIGABYTE X570 AROS ELITE WI-FI. I know TUF has better VRAM. I kinda don't want to push building my PC just for Mobo unless the TUF is to die for and is worth that wait.

I was also suggested Antec 750W HUG.

Anybody has any views on Deepcool Matrexx 55 v3 ARGB for the case. Apparently cheaper than MB511 RGB.
Maybe your dealer doesn't have TUF X570, that's it. Also coronavirus did impact supply chain, so it quiet possible that its out of stock most of the places. Shopkeepers lie a lot in my experience as well. Aorus Elite is a fine choice.

Corsair TX650M is just a superior product. You don't need 750W, not even 650W. If TX650M is out of stock, look for other gold rated PSU, like CM MWE Gold series, maybe.

That case has glass front, so not so easy airflow. Get any meshed front case like CM MB511, but not necessarily MB511. Check MSI Forge 100R, is a bit cheaper. There are other options as well. you can get non RGB MB511 as well & just add non-RGB fans to it.

OP
V

venkig

Broken In
I checked with half a dozen dealers and nobody has ASUS x570 TUF Pro WiFi.

My dealer tells me there is barely any price difference between Corsair TX650M and the Antec 750W

Checking with him for CM MWE 650W Gold series

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Prefer gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro over Aorus Elite. Corsair has well established reputation for after sales support as per online comments.

OP
V

venkig

Broken In
Corsair RM 650 M - 8875 + and Corsair TX650M - 5850+

Does the TX model shy away from providing connectors? What am I really gaining if I am doing RM 650m over TX650M? or am I just flushing money down the drain?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Corsair RM 650 M - 8875 + and Corsair TX650M - 5850+

Does the TX model shy away from providing connectors? What am I really gaining if I am doing RM 650m over TX650M? or am I just flushing money down the drain?
RM series is a better than TXM series & carry 10 years warranty compared to 7 years warranty on RMX series.

OP
V

venkig

Broken In
Finally the build looks like this. Hopefully all things fall into place to get this system delivered in the next 12 hours. 5500XT is for Hackintosh. Worse case scenario I'll do RX 580 Sapphire to shave off the cost. Looking to seal this at or under 1.5L, doable or pretty ambitious?

AMD 3700X
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro WiFi
Sapphire Radeon RX 5500 XT Pulse OC 8GB
Corsair RM 650 M
BenQ EW3270U

Top Bottom