[1.5L (+40K)] Build Suggestion - 4K Dual Boot Windows and Hackintosh - Photographer config - Lightroom

OP
V

venkig

Broken In
If one isn't planning to overclock, do you think the fans which comes with MB511RGB and the CPU cooler bundled with AMD is enough for few months?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
If one isn't planning to overclock, do you think the fans which comes with MB511RGB and the CPU cooler bundled with AMD is enough for few months?
Yes if the room avg temp remains ~25C &/or processor usage don't often cross 80% for long duration.

Definitely enough

People do run R7 3700X with stock cooler, even in India. MB511 RGB is one of the better cases even at its price point & its included 4x 120mm fans are surely good enough. You can buy a better CPU cooler & add more fans at top, if required.

OP
V

venkig

Broken In
That's perfect then. I'll hold off on AIO or any other cooling for now. Are the fans that come with MB511 RGB fairly quiet? I don't really mind the sound but I just hope they don't sound like a jet.

Also for the PSU I just found out that I have a corsair VX550w sitting idle, would this make sense for my current build?

I am massively struggling with narrowing down on the GPU and I don't know why. This is mainly for my 4K monitor and lightroom. Can't think of anything else that would benefit from the GPU.

Also seriously considering Gigabyte - Z390 x570 Aorus Pro currently. Also what does the newer revision of this board - 1.1 mean?

I have a 6TB WD MyBook drive where my lightroom catalogue and RAW and other images reside. I would like to keep that set-up currently and optimize it as much as possible. I know things will be faster if I move my files to SSD but I don't want to do that yet and I would rather keep things where it is. All of this is getting backed up to a 8TB WD MyBook and my 2TB WD exists for temp storage and backup for my office related things.

Clocking 17 hour work shift these days is not helping me do more research and I'm kinda embarrassed to be asking laymen things here. Totally appreciate everybody who has helped me so far.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's perfect then. I'll hold off on AIO or any other cooling for now. Are the fans that come with MB511 RGB fairly quiet? I don't really mind the sound but I just hope they don't sound like a jet.
@shreeux has the same cabinet & he lives in Chennai which is quite hot & humid during summer season so he should know better.

Also seriously considering Gigabyte - Z390 Aorus Pro currently. Also what does the newer revision of this board - 1.1 mean?
If you go the amd way then you won't be using any Z390 mobo.

I have a 6TB WD MyBook drive where my lightroom catalogue and RAW and other images reside. I would like to keep that set-up currently and optimize it as much as possible. I know things will be faster if I move my files to SSD but I don't want to do that yet and I would rather keep things where it is. All of this is getting backed up to a 8TB WD MyBook and my 2TB WD exists for temp storage and backup for my office related things.
No need to spend large amount of money on ssd now as their current prices are very high compared to usual. Just buy a 250gb ssd for now if you can manage & buy a good large capacity ssd next year.

Clocking 17 hour work shift these days is not helping me do more research and I'm kinda embarrassed to be asking laymen things here. Totally appreciate everybody who has helped me so far.

*www.goodreads.com/quotes/184310-the-man-who-asks-a-question-is-a-fool-for
“The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.”
Confucius
:)

Also for the PSU I just found out that I have a corsair VX550w sitting idle, would this make sense for my current build?

I am massively struggling with narrowing down on the GPU and I don't know why. This is mainly for my 4K monitor and lightroom. Can't think of anything else that would benefit from the GPU.

Also seriously considering Gigabyte - Z390 Aorus Pro currently. Also what does the newer revision of this board - 1.1 mean?

Get a new PSU, Corsair TX650M is a good gold rated PSU.

A cheap RX580 should be fine for photo editing, if you want something better, get GTX 1660 or 1660 Super. CPU is the one doing the heavy lifting, mostly.

Are you back to considering Intel system?

Just connect those ext HDDs to USB ports & continue using them, buy higher capacity SSD later, if you want.

OP
V

venkig

Broken In
Sheesh the mobo I mentioned earlier was a typo (wrong copy and paste .. lol, so not really a typo? :razz:)

I mean x570 Aorus Pro Gigabyte.

I was thinking the same what @whitestar_999 mentioned - Getting a 250NVME drive and use my old 250MB SATA SSD for now.

I feel I am now closer to finalizing components. Lotta things to read up on this weekend. With all this going on I am moving too so have to deal with relocation. Thankfully it's within Bangalore itself.

Last edited:
OP
V

venkig

Broken In
Considering everything that we have discussed so far the spec list looks like this

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + Wraith Prism cooler
Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS WiFi
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Western Digital Blue SN550 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME
BenQ EW3270U
ATI Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8 GB PULSE
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB
Corsair TX650M

Considering everything that we have discussed so far the spec list looks like this

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + Wraith Prism cooler
Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS WiFi
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Western Digital Blue SN550 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME
BenQ EW3270U
ATI Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8 GB PULSE
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB
Corsair TX650M
Looks good to me. Just don't overspend on RX580, like 18-20k. GTX 1660 performs better than it, but has just 6GB VRAM. I doubt your usage will benefit from VRAM though.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ If this won't be a hackintosh build, does RX 580 makes sense? A 1650 Super should be sufficient and has nvenc to handle Premier.

OP
V

venkig

Broken In
Which 1660 or 1650 models do you guys recommend?

Also my local dealer texted me saying Instead of MB511RGB asked me to go for Antec NX 600 or Antec NX 800. What do you guys think about that?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

Also my local dealer texted me saying Instead of MB511RGB asked me to go for Antec NX 600 or Antec NX 800. What do you guys think about that?
Go with Antec NX800 ARGB E-ATX Cabinet @ 7.5k

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member

For nvidia cards prefer zotac(they give extra 3 years warranty on registering product on their site within 28 days of purchase so total 2+3=5 years warranty) followed by asus(standard 3 years warranty but good aftersales support).

MB511 is cheaper & has everything you will need so why buy more expensive NX800 which also has meshed front panel. Don't get NX600 which has a glass front panel as ventilation will be poor. Btw found this review on NX800 & though it sounds good but seems like hdd placement is messy.

Top Bottom