“grand theft” Android :O

pratik385

In the zone
Steve Jobs described Android as a “grand theft” of iPhone technology, promising to “go thermonuclear war” to “destroy” Google’s smartphone platform according to a new biography of the Apple founder. In a subsequent heated meeting with Eric Schmidt, then CEO of Google, Jobs refused to consider any sort of settlement to the lawsuit Apple filed, arguing that his company had “plenty of money” and telling Schmidt “I want you to stop using our ideas in Android, that’s all I want” according to a copy of the book obtained early by the Associated Press.

Steve Jobs pledged “thermonuclear war” on “grand theft” Android - SlashGear

noob

Cyborg Agent
So Steve Jobs wanted Google android to stop stealing IOS ideas ? Remember when MacOS stole from Xerox or IOS5 stole from android

Sarath

iDota
^That's an unwise justification :D

BTW if Android hadn't stolen from iOS then we would still be doing the "Which is better, Symbian or iOS" discussions.

Almost everyone in this generation of smartphones have copied both the SW and hardware aspects of apple. They will just have to live with it now.

Who

Guess Who's Back
doomgiver @ please take some time off the forum and sort out your problems in real life.

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
Well, not everyone goes around filing lawsuits daily.
If you have invented something and it's your idea, then why does it needs to be expressed so extremely. Frankly according to the summary it seemed a bit too harsh and uncivilized IMHO. :|
(No disrespect meant.)

Last edited:

noob

Cyborg Agent
If Tim Russert were still around, you can bet he'd have pulled this out as soon as Jobs called Android "stolen".

[YOUTUBE]CW0DUg63lqU[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
WEll I would say both have been "borrowing from each other"

The notification bar for one. But yeas Apple and iPhone will forever be the revolutionaries of Smartphone
s18000rpm said:
thought this thread was about GTA 3 for Android, which was announced recently
Whaat?? What about iOS :banghead: and free will it be?

Top Bottom