µTorrent much better than anything....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario_pant

In the zone
hey.. i just downloaded µTorrent just for the sake of trying...
first of all i was amazed by its size ie. 130 Kb ONLY!
and then when i started the file.. NO INSTALL! just shortcuts.....
and finally when i get it to run.... EXTREMELY simple and upto the point interface and last..... it only took 9 MB of the ram as compared to 45 MB of azureus... and this is MIGHTY fast (interface response time)....

just give it a try once.... its REALLY worth it....

µTorrent Download!

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
hi there,
i get extremely slow speeds with utorrent and now that uploading at 6 KB/s is mandatory,its causing even more slow downs for ppl like me who have 64 Kbps connection.
I will stick with Bitspirit till i get a better connection.

OP
mario_pant

mario_pant

In the zone
thegame_rulez said:
hi there,
i get extremely slow speeds with utorrent and now that uploading at 6 KB/s is mandatory,its causing even more slow downs for ppl like me who have 64 Kbps connection.
I will stick with Bitspirit till i get a better connection.

hey can u plz elaborate on this 6kbps mandatory upload thingy.....
i download at about 28kbps and upload at 3kbps with utorrent...
(i usually seed to a ratio of 1.5:1)

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
mario_pant said:
and finally when i get it to run.... EXTREMELY simple and upto the point interface and last..... it only took 9 MB of the ram as compared to 45 MB of azureus... and this is MIGHTY fast (interface response time)....

µTorrent Download!

Tomato Torrent is 640 kb.. and I had to run it once for 5 days continuously.. it took only 7 mb ram max.. :)

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
mail2and said:
mario_pant said:

µTorrent Download!

Tomato Torrent is 640 kb.. and I had to run it once for 5 days continuously.. it took only 7 mb ram max.. :)

if i am not wrong...tomato torrent is for mac.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
thegame_rulez said:
mail2and said:
mario_pant said:

µTorrent Download!

if i am not wrong...tomato torrent is for mac.

no ur not wrong :p

mohit

The Hardware Labs
µTorrent is really cool .. i would just like to add about the inbuilt scheduler that it has .. its just very very neat and since i am on a dataone 256kbps plan without unlimited usage , i have very easily configured it to start downloading at 2am and stop at 8am ..this feature surely rocks. do check it out guys.

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
hey mohit, i have heard that BSNL/MTNL clox are faster, so stop downloading aound 7:45 AM, in delhi MTNL clock is 15 mins faster..

and i tried using µTorrent, but i didnt like it so stiking to Azureus

mohit

The Hardware Labs
The only trouble with Bit Comet is it is banned / not recommended in many good torrent sites like BWT, Demonoid coz it had a bug in its earlier versions. The new version i.e 0.61 claims to have fixed the bug but still sites dont accept it :( .. i myself used to use BC until i joined some sites . so its utorrent for me now. BC used to give me amazing speeds though.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
mohit:
What version of utorrent are you using? In the new version, it has a dumb feature like the d/l speed will be high only if you upload more. That sucks, considering that I have a capped u/l speed from Dataone. My u/p hardly crosses more than 7KBps.

I tried utorrent long time ago, it looks OK (not as good as BitTornado :p ) but I really dint get speeds more than 10kBps. The health of the torrents were good.

What settings do you guys have for it? Can you post a screenshot?

mohit

The Hardware Labs
ya u r right , utorrent gives good download speeds only if u upload a lot .. i too am on a dataone connection and it sux big time .. but what i do is i use my frnds 512kbps connection at night (2am-8am) and upload at around 10 kbps .. then i get pretty decent speeds.

howz bit tornado ?? is it accepted by all sites such as demonoid, bwt , dt, etc ??

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Yeah.. BitTornado has no issues with any site. utorrent beta is banned/conditional ban from certain sites. The restricted transfer thing sucks, I think i will stick with my BitTornado for now.

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
bittornado is the best imo. now with dr grudge's repeated advice i too find it gr8 and very reilable..:p
if u dwd more than 2 things at a time u can use abc which is based on bittornado 3.0.13 but with a better interface for multiple downloading....BUT still the DHT feature is absent..:(
utorrent scheduler is good..but speeds are an issue as also the uploading thingy as i have pointed out in my earlier posts...

Milkshake

Banned
From where can i d/l the
"ANYTHING" software

Only after that i can tell if "µTorrent" is better "Anything"
or "Anything" is better thn "µTorrent"

@Mario_pant

Give anything's d/l link too......
u r spamming the forum

u r already on aa warning

u cud've ben banned 4 spamming

domin8r

Journeyman
mohit said:
ya u r right , utorrent gives good download speeds only if u upload a lot .. i too am on a dataone connection and it sux big time .. but what i do is i use my frnds 512kbps connection at night (2am-8am) and upload at around 10 kbps .. then i get pretty decent speeds.

howz bit tornado ?? is it accepted by all sites such as demonoid, bwt , dt, etc ??

You're on a ADSL connection, and an ADSL has three different channels, one for download, one for upload, and one for voice. So no matter how much you upload, you won't be hampering your download speeds since they're on two different channels. Anyway as far as p2p is concerned, if you don't share, how do you expect to get anything in return? Additionally, some trackers will monitor your upload performance and they might even ban you in some cases. Obviously in such a case, use the inbuilt proxy option in uTorrent, which btw simply rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom