µTorrent much better than anything....

Status
Not open for further replies.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Agreed that with an ADSL connection you have seperate BW spectrum for Up/down/voice. But the problem with the sh!tty BSNL connection is that we can't upload more than 7KBps ie it's a 256k/64k connection.

Utorrent has no disk read cache. It will thrash your HD trying to upload as much as possible. But they have fixed this issue with the read cache value. So even if you have the read disk cache value set as much as your RAM value, you can stop utorrent from thrashing your HDD. I have a 6 year old HDD, imagine what will happen to my poor HDD.

The latest beta releases have been banned in many private torrent trackers.

I tried utorrent again yesterday, I still don't like it. Not for my connection.
I will write why utorrent is a bloatware in my blog after some time and after I collect facts and do research work.

BitTornado is a no-nonsense client. It's one of the 4 clients recommended by private torrent trackers (ABC, Azureus, BitTornado and utorrent stable release ). Agreed that it has some issues to be fixed, but many still use it, including your truly. It don't has any fancy features. You need you will have to need to download the stuff.

I always thought torrent clients are unlike browsers. Different browsers offer different features where some of them may not be present in other browsers. Torrent clients offer the same functionality +/- the fancy "features".

In short...to sum up... BitTornado rulezzzz/rocks for me. Looking for a better client which is atleast 30% as good as BitTornado.

go4saket

Does BitTornado support multiple downloads... Moreover, which is the client in which I can schedule the downloads...

manas

Wandering in the zone ...
@gosaket
You can schedule downloads using Azureus.Azureus also supports multiple downloads.The only drawback of Azureus is that it heavy on the system resources.

go4saket

drgrudge said:
Agreed that with an ADSL connection you have seperate BW spectrum for Up/down/voice. But the problem with the sh!tty BSNL connection is that we can't upload more than 7KBps ie it's a 256k/64k connection.

Utorrent has no disk read cache. It will thrash your HD trying to upload as much as possible. But they have fixed this issue with the read cache value. So even if you have the read disk cache value set as much as your RAM value, you can stop utorrent from thrashing your HDD. I have a 6 year old HDD, imagine what will happen to my poor HDD.

The latest beta releases have been banned in many private torrent trackers.

I tried utorrent again yesterday, I still don't like it. Not for my connection.
I will write why utorrent is a bloatware in my blog after some time and after I collect facts and do research work.

BitTornado is a no-nonsense client. It's one of the 4 clients recommended by private torrent trackers (ABC, Azureus, BitTornado and utorrent stable release ). Agreed that it has some issues to be fixed, but many still use it, including your truly. It don't has any fancy features. You need you will have to need to download the stuff.

I always thought torrent clients are unlike browsers. Different browsers offer different features where some of them may not be present in other browsers. Torrent clients offer the same functionality +/- the fancy "features".

In short...to sum up... BitTornado rulezzzz/rocks for me. Looking for a better client which is atleast 30% as good as BitTornado.

Thanks for the information, but from where did you come to know about the upload speed in BSNL BB. I mean, is it mentioned somewhere or you came to know about it from some BSNL official...

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
From whom do I need to know?

I use BitTornado daily for 6 hours, wont I know the u/l speed?

ADSL connection alweys means slower upload than download by its definition and they(upload and download) dont interface with each other.
so please upload as much as u can because its must for p2p network to remain healthy that ppl share what they have downloaded.

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
i use utorrent but i rarely get good speeds (10 kbps in 128 connection). it doesnt upload. it doesnt seed at all. pls help me

OP
mario_pant

mario_pant

In the zone
i recently shifted to airtel, and these airtel chandigarh people are MAD... hey capped the download limit to 64kbps according to my unlimited plan but no low capse on upload.... when i am downloading at 8kbps i upload at nearly 9-10 (ie. IFF i do not put any personal caps, which i surely do b4 completeion ;) )

Last edited:

amrit1

Are we there yet?
Ya It is great
I used to download from 2am to 8am [Ofcourse i have BsNl broadband} with it.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Its simple I agree but it lacks the features a better client can give. If you have a pretty decent RAM'ed up system, then run Azeurus, which gives that edge in speeds, uber lot of advanced options and the additional 'Plugin' factor which is damn lot useful for many purposes if you ask me. uTorrent jus sucks in features... it jus d/ls like an opera torrent client...

OP
mario_pant

mario_pant

In the zone
agreed, but uTorrent is preached for its no-nonsense usability which has just the upto-the-point interface and functions! just perfect for a normal bittorrent user...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom