µTorrent 1.7 released

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
codyhulk said:
utorrent used to be amazing in the past but now most of the time it isn't able to finish of the general downloads without microsoft trying to intefere.
I needed to shift to Azureus.

R U on Pot or something? Plz elaborate how is Microsoft interfering, or are you confusing RIAA & MPAA with Microsoft?

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
codyhulk said:
Go to Isohunt.. Download random famous torrent from there. You will have your own answer

Again, if you don't have facts to back your statement, stop spreading misconceptions.

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
gx_saurav said:
Again, if you don't have facts to back your statement, stop spreading misconceptions.

Tell me what is he talking about. I am using µtorrent. so it concerns me. Whats going on?

codyhulk

Dating Xpert
gx_saurav said:

Speaking from personal xp.. I dont need to save all the error logs just to provide the FACT to the forum..

If you do that.. Simple line

GET SOME LIFE!

Are you lawyer or what? I am not in some sort of court.

Don't know but sounds stupid... Its like I watch a movie and I say I didn't like the movie..

and you will say give me a proof.. Are you serious???
Movie sucks .. simple statement from me. YOu like the movie, cool!!!
Same happens with every software.. I don't consider being super fan of any software.

Same goes about whatever I post.

Enough Negativity. Hope you keep thing positive.. I will ignore any stupid statements from you in future. Hope to have some Integrity from you in future.

adithyagenius said:
Tell me what is he talking about. I am using µtorrent. so it concerns me. Whats going on?

Nothing big.. Just Microsoft Defender is checking your utorrent usage. It may stop you from downloading large torrent. May not happen with every PC. But if you are getting Pirated software.. Microsoft has logs to provide the proof of the action..

check your Logs. Use software called Spybot Search & Destroy. You will find some part of your computer usage is being uploaded to Microsoft server and it will treat that software as bot by new definition.

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
codyhulk said:
If you do that.. Simple line

GET SOME LIFE!

Are you lawyer or what? I am not in some sort of court.

If you cannot prove something you say then don't say a lie. :)

Enough Negativity. Hope you keep thing positive.. I will ignore any stupid statements from you in future. Hope to have some Integrity from you in future.

Just back whatever you say with facts, don't just say something just cos u r unable to understand it.
It may stop you from downloading large torrent. [May not happen with every PC. But if you are getting Pirated software.. Microsoft has logs to provide the proof of the action..

Lolz....complete Bull****. You sound like an old member here, prakash.

check your Logs. Use software called Spybot Search & Destroy. You will find some part of your computer usage is being uploaded to Microsoft server and it will treat that software as bot by new definition.

I wonder, I am using it here, & Spybot too...no such thing. Again, any screenshot or log? R U sure it is not something else?

xbonez

NP : Crysis
i wonder whether it has something to do with global warming or something, but everybody's tempers seem to be flying all over the forum. chill guys

vish786

"The Gentleman"
1. does it automatically start downloading when system is restarted ?? answer only if u have used this version. :-|

2. what r the chances of utorrent getting crashed if the peers/seeds are too many, when ur downloading many files simultaneously ??

codyhulk

Dating Xpert
gx_saurav said:
If you cannot prove something you say then don't say a lie. :)

Just back whatever you say with facts, don't just say something just cos u r unable to understand it.
Lolz....complete Bull****. You sound like an old member here, prakash.

I wonder, I am using it here, & Spybot too...no such thing. Again, any screenshot or log? R U sure it is not something else?

I am fully confident of what I am saying. Update your definition

Just hint how do you sound.

Codyhulk: Andheri got Traffic Jam.. Try to avoid that route

gx_saurav:If you cannot prove something you say then don't say a lie. Did you take picture of it? Give me proof. if you don't have facts to back your statement, stop spreading misconceptions.

Codyhulk : What a low self esteem guy who needs to take picture of traffic Jam just to prove his point. Duh!!!

(codyhulk thinks to himself ) Does he have any real life friends? Because he can't trust anything. What a Paranoid.. (rolling eyes)

vish786 said:
1. does it automatically start downloading when system is restarted ?? answer only if u have used this version. :-|

2. what r the chances of utorrent getting crashed if the peers/seeds are too many, when ur downloading many files simultaneously ??

1. Only if you have enabled software at startup

2. Chances vary according to speed and settings of the software. Also the server of the torrent seeding site.

Last edited:

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
Traffic Jam is diff compared to Torrents :D

EDIT:

Here is something interesting info.The MPAA, RIAA are tracking down users and p2p downloaders through various methods;) ..Here is one of them and how people scrw this people's intentions:D

The MPAA, RIAA and several anti-piracy organizations are constantly trying to trap people into downloading fake torrents. These torrents are hosted on trackers that are setup to collect IP addresses of all the ‘pirates’ who try to download these files.
To make these traps more visible, Fenopy just introduced the FakeFinder. The FakeFinder lists the most popular fake torrents and the latest fake trackers. It also allows you to search for fake torrents by keyword or infohash.

The actual .torrent links for these fake files are blocked, and FakeFinder serves an informational purpose only. It is actually quite amusing to browse through these fake files and trackers. The companies that host these anti-piracy trackers came up with some interesting hostnames like “dirtydevils.cyberbox.com.br” and “bittorrent.isthebe.st“.

Although most of the IPs of these fake trackers are already blocked by blocklist software like PeerGuardian, they still manage to collect the IP addresses of thousands of users who do fall for this trap. Most torrent site admins are aware of these fakes, and remove them as soon as they are uploaded. It is kind of a paradox. On the one hand anti-piracy organizations send thousands of takedown requests to torrent sites, while they upload fake files with similar titles themselves.

Some might argue that downloading a fake file is not really a criminal offense. And yes, it is doubtful if this evidence will hold up in court. However, the job of organizations like the MPAA is to scare people, and that is often enough for them. The first thing they will probably do is send a letter to your ISP saying that you tried to download so-and-so file. And even if they take it a step further, they try to settle before these things are played out in court.

FakeFinder shows that BitTorrent site admins are trying to track down these fake torrents, and it’s a nice way to expose the darker side of anti-piracy organizations like the MPAA.

SOURCE

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
codyhulk said:
I am fully confident of what I am saying. Update your definition

Just hint how do you sound.

Codyhulk: Andheri got Traffic Jam.. Try to avoid that route

gx_saurav:If you cannot prove something you say then don't say a lie. Did you take picture of it? Give me proof. if you don't have facts to back your statement, stop spreading misconceptions.

Codyhulk : What a low self esteem guy who needs to take picture of traffic Jam just to prove his point. Duh!!!

(codyhulk thinks to himself ) Does he have any real life friends? Because he can't trust anything. What a Paranoid.. (rolling eyes)

Answer of GX : how did u came to know about this? Some news channel, friend living there? Again, proof plz.

& my real life....ROFL :D, you can ask anyone in thos forum about my real life other then Linguys & Macboys.

This isn't real life. This is internet. If you are saying something, provide facts & proof

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
rakeshishere said:
Do ya believe him?:rolleyes:

I don't trust such stupid rumours when proof isn't provided. But there is a tiny possibility of it being true. To rule it out totally I would have to do a bit searching. Since I am not using Vista, I dont have to. Thats why I am relieved.

prasad_den

Padawan
Version 1.7 has been running into problems... Many torrent sites have given an alert like this..
There have been reports of utorrent 1.7 sending private info outside the tracker

The client version 1.7 will not be allowed at bitsoup.org because of this problem

we understand the need for a utorrent version to be available to you

please feel free to download utorrent 1.6.1 here

we are sorry for the troubles our utorrent members have faced due to these bugs

Here's the discussion about this in the utorrent forums..
*forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=26594
*forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=262771#p262771

goobimama

 Macboy
Bummer. I had set some downloads in the office. When I come home I find out that a 1.7 is banned on hdbits. nothing got downloaded...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom