Within 1 day of launch Firefox 4 Has Already Eclipsed IE9 and Opera 11

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
*tctechcrunch.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/statcounter1.png
Mozilla has just released Firefox 4, and in less than a day clocked more than twice the downloads Microsoft boasted about after the release of Internet Explorer 9.

Now website analytics company StatCounter says the browser has already taken 1.95 percent of the worldwide Internet browser market.

In contrast, StatCounter adds, Internet Explorer 9 has taken only 0.87 percent of the worldwide browser market a week after its debut.

And as you can tell from the screenshot above, not only Firefox 4 but also the recently released Opera 11 browser has a steady lead over IE9.

Worth noting: Internet Explorer 9 isn’t compatible with Windows XP, the ageing operating system that still has an enormous user base around the world.

When all versions of each browser are taken into account, Internet Explorer still leads the global market with 45 percent, followed by Firefox with 30 percent and Chrome with 17 percent, the analytics company says. The company recently reported that Firefox overtook IE to become the number one browser in Europe for the first time in December 2010.

In the US, IE (all versions combined) leads the market with an even bigger margin: 48 percent, followed by Firefox at 26 percent and Chrome at 14 percent.

StatCounter says its Global Stats numbers are based on aggregate data collected on a sample exceeding 15 billion page views per month from a network of more than three million websites.

Source: StatCounter: Firefox 4 Has Already Eclipsed Internet Explorer 9

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Is that stats true? Cox AFAI seen, many of my friends and relatives using FF and Chrome and even in our village, i used to see people using FF to browse. BTW i am shocked the see IE is at top spot.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
It's quite normal FF will exceed all the other browsers in download numbers, no news is that to me, it's quite common :)

OP
Garbage

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
What is IE?
IE is a software which comes with Windows and is used to download browsers like Firefox / Chrome / Opera. :)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I am still to download, In Asia largest number of downloaders are from Japan, India and Indonesia.
In India most downloaders are from Maharashtra :) And in Maharashatra Pune is at number second :p

I am still to download it though :/

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ What :C_surprised: Downloading in the 1st 24 hours was necessary for creating record! Now, it doesn't matter that much :)

OP
Garbage

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
I am still to download, In Asia largest number of downloaders are from Japan, India and Indonesia.
In India most downloaders are from Maharashtra :) And in Maharashatra Pune is at number second :p

There is my 1 cent. :p

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
What is IE?
IE is a software which comes with Windows and is used to download browsers like Firefox / Chrome / Opera. :)

make it 2 :)

In situation like this, digit DVDs comes in handy :-D

i have one of my drive dedicated to software collection & have a MS folder which contains XP & Win7 backups. also their softwares. only thing it lacks, is IE installer (speaking proudly).

nims11

BIOS Terminator
my first browser(and the last IE) i used was IE6 and the experience i gained while using it was enough to let me never use IE again. a dial-up connection added to the frustration...

tkin

Back to school!!
Is it me or Firefox is still the slowest browser to start up(maybe the add ons?? Should come with a add on check tool like IE9), also the firefox menu button has a small square rectangle with missing texture on it, I'm gonna reinstall and report.

Top Bottom