Which is the best DTH service provider in india and why?

sygeek

Technomancer
Regarding the customer care, every care is worst for you if your concerns are not resolved. So, taking reviews from others to know which customer care is best is also a bad thought. Dish tv bad for me, doesn't mean it will be bad for you.

Buy which satisfy your HD/SD channel needs. All are same in SD, except Tata Sky has better picture quality in HD, and Airtel has better sound quality. You cant compare dishtv,D2h for quality/sound with Tata Sky and Airtel in HD. (I dont know about reliance dth but their cc are horrible )
+1. Now, that's a worthy post. People shouldn't just go over and start whining with customer care.

Customer care service is pretty generic. If it sucks at your area, that doesn't mean it sucks everywhere.

Sarath

iDota
I got the HD STB when only two channels were on offer Discovery and NG. Now I have all the Star channels in HD too. Slowly everyones catching up. I don't see why it is such a bad buy.

World Cup in HD w/o adds was amazing :-D

+1. Now, that's a worthy post. People shouldn't just go over and start whining with customer care.

Customer care service is pretty generic. If it sucks at your area, that doesn't mean it sucks everywhere.

But Big tv have a very bad reputation for their CC in general. Lets make that clear to OP.

Tata Sky HD+ = less number of channels? Whats missing?

I have the annual mega pack and I am actually sick of all the channels. I am planning to take a smaller package and get rid of those 100s of channels. Most people only watch 5-15 channels regularly. I don't know how Tata Sky is failing you?

This will explain you :) Do remember that the HD channel list posted there is not updated, Airtel has added new HD channels now. So for me, no point paying extra for less no of channels to Tata Sky HD.

Comparision of Channels Availability in Various DTH's - Videocon D2H, Tata Sky, Dish TV, Airtel/Reliance Digital, Sun DTH, DD Direct Plus help and discussion forums

BTW Tata Sky HD > Tata Sky (standard) > Dish TV in video quality (SD)

Tata Sky HD/Airtel Digital TV HD > Tata Sky (standard)/Airtel Digital TV (standard) > Dish TV >Videocon DTH

I actually wanted to get an upscaler for my HDTV and ever since those guys started doing it themselves, I felt it stupid that others complain. But if they were charging you for those pseudo-HD channels than thats bluffing and a reason to cry about.

Good luck with your Dish TV HD. :clap2: So you use both Tata Sky HD and Dish TV HD ? coz I read from your comments

[Tata Sky HD + Tata Sky + Dish TV in my house]

But Big tv have a very bad reputation for their CC in general. Lets make that clear to OP.

I already mentioned that, and didn't included Reliance Big TV in the comparison. :)

Sarath

iDota
I have a normal Dish and Tata STB gathering dust in my room.

Have you tried IPTV? Do they have HD channels?

I really wanted that back when I was getting a connection but I am not sure if they have any HD channels.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just checked the list. That relieves me a lot. More bloatware/unnecessary channels skipped, means less time surfing which is better. Among that only Movies Now HD is something of a sore point. I see adds in the papers and think of when it will come to Tata Sky.

Why did you post that? I am glad I dont have Zee Smile, Zing, etc sorry can't rem the rest.

Thats why OP should go through the packages available in each and the monthly tariff calculated based on that. Simply saying one has the most number of channels is not a valid point.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
my vote goes for tata.

been a tata sky user since 2007.

i never had any problem with tata sky, & i've called their CC only once since purchasing, & it was for address change (new house, re-installation)

apart from heavy cloud /rain, tata sky never had reception problem.

I have a normal Dish and Tata STB gathering dust in my room.

Have you tried IPTV? Do they have HD channels?

I really wanted that back when I was getting a connection but I am not sure if they have any HD channels.

Yeah, hv tried IPTV but its not worth it. HD channels with IPTV ? I dont think they have even 70channels in IPTV when I applied for. Better to get DTH then IPTV.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just checked the list. That relieves me a lot. More bloatware/unnecessary channels skipped, means less time surfing which is better. Among that only Movies Now HD is something of a sore point. I see adds in the papers and think of when it will come to Tata Sky.

Why did you post that? I am glad I dont have Zee Smile, Zing, etc sorry can't rem the rest.

Thats why OP should go through the packages available in each and the monthly tariff calculated based on that. Simply saying one has the most number of channels is not a valid point.

You don't need to care for surfing if you are using Tata Sky or Airtel. Both have wonderful user interface. I dunno why you added such a point. The special channel "whats now playing integrated with Airtel Digital TV" helps me to decide whats coming and I don't have to search :lol:

I can take that for Dish tv as they have the worst UI, and stb takes more time to change channels. I am sure you will agree to this after using Tata Sky.

I posted as you request :grin:

Did you quote me saying more channels ? I said everyone should go for the DTH which has the channels they want and forget about customer care. You cant compare with other experiences as it may be bad for me, but good for you :) Its me that finds Tata Sky HD bit costlier as compared to Airtel Digital HD which provides same experience and who will mind getting more channels in same or less cost.

FYI, movies now HD is the only channel I watch these days. (I usually watch Sports when F1 or India cricket series). Plus the super hit channel which shows 8-12 new movies every month by paying 20rs plus tax is worth it. The movies are like Dabang etc.

How many times Tata Sky offer free new movies to their customers ? I saw Tanu Weds Manu for free yesterday on Airtel DTH.

PraKs

Youngling
Airtel is the worst. Run away from it. Every now and then it comes out with Installation Error type of thing even in good weather condition. Sometimes it's get cured automatically, other times you get to the customer care, and they charge 100 bucks every time they come. And yeah, definitely the best customer support around!!! Whenever, I booked a complaint, it gets automatically closed without the technician ever showing up. And you have to book a fresh complaint again. And even that gets closed. And this step will continue almost half a dozen times before the technician actually comes.

If you can put up with it, picture and color quality are good. And it's one of the cheapest IMO.

100 % agree with you on this one - I booked a complaint, it gets automatically closed without the technician ever showing up.

Raised around 13 complaints for issue in Airtel DTH & daily evening they sent SMS at 7 PM, Issue resolved & Closed. Sold Airtel DTH.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am still putting up with it, as the price is still better than it's competitors IMO. :(

Also I have paid till September, so no respite for me yet. :( :(

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Airtel. I have it.
Never had a problem. Only goes down if there is very heavy rain (power goes off before airtel DTV anyway). Once I called CC to change my plan and the plan was changed before I even hung up the phone. :thumbs:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I'm using Tata sky for more than 4 yrs, and till today i dont have any problem. In 2600 for 12 months (super saver pack) i get all the channels i want, nd who watches Zee smiley? :-? Plus its quality nd interface is best!! Ccare is vey good, i called many times to change plans, sum times to add a specific channel or any problem, and everytime, it gets resolved before i end the call :) I can just tell its awsm :) Once i called technician and he also showed up d eve i called, altho i was charged 300 for that :O :x
But all in all Tata SKy is the best :):doublethumb:

Sarath

iDota
All DTH are hit by poor reception in rain and cloudy weather. Unless we are comparing cable to DTH that point is needless to mention.

Airtel. I have it.
Never had a problem. Only goes down if there is very heavy rain (power goes off before airtel DTV anyway). Once I called CC to change my plan and the plan was changed before I even hung up the phone. :thumbs:

100 % agree with you on this one - I booked a complaint, it gets automatically closed without the technician ever showing up.

Raised around 13 complaints for issue in Airtel DTH & daily evening they sent SMS at 7 PM, Issue resolved & Closed. Sold Airtel DTH.

what should I say ? Agree/disagree :)) thats why just go for that DTH which satisfy your channel needs and pray to get good cc. :cool:

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
happened to use tata sky & dishtv....while dish tv is cheaper than tata sky,tata sky is more "user friendly"...good service etc...dish tv once didn't update dish tv account till i called them up....

prashant.ruby

Right off the assembly line
Better dont own any DTH, if planning to buy Airtel DTH...
Any decision taken to buy anything, should be based on product quality and after sale service. And Airtel's after-sale service is worst. Check all forum everywhere, it is full of complaints... Even I am one of the victim of Airtel Services..
I am trying to find email of 'Sn. VP Airtel DTH', to tell him about his services... He is I believe some 'Harshad Jain'.. If anyone have his email address then please post...

PraKs

Youngling
@prashant.ruby
I would advice you to sell it off rather then escalation. Nothing will happen.

Have tried escalations for 3 months & got fed up. Gave it away for free.

STAY Away from Airtel DTH. Worst ever customer care.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
I have 2 Airtel DTH connections (chennai & sivakasi(Tamil nadu)), I can comfortably say airtel has great CC...
It depends on location though..
Airtel might be bad at your place...
That doesnt mean Airtel as a whole is bad...

PraKs

Youngling
Strange, My feedback was for their call center which I guess is same for whole India.

Some company in Delhi maintains their call center. They bang the phone if they dont understand your problem.

Strange, My feedback was for their call center which I guess is same for whole India.

Some company in Delhi maintains their call center. They bang the phone if they dont understand your problem.

Yup you are right. Their call centers are maintained by IBM Daksh and Fidelity BPO's. Lousy cc.

Top Bottom