Which is the best DTH service provider in india and why?

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
I have 2 Airtel DTH connections (chennai & sivakasi(Tamil nadu)), I can comfortably say airtel has great CC...
It depends on location though..
Airtel might be bad at your place...
That doesnt mean Airtel as a whole is bad...
I agree with this. Airtel CC is fabulous.

chetanjshah

Right off the assembly line
I agree that Airtel has better quality, and that it has poor local service.

My issue is with their set top box. Is it likely that their set top box goes down in the 13-14 th month, just after expiry of its warranty? The replacement set top box that the local service is providing is an used one for which I have to pay the cost of a new set top box, and that has a warranty of just 3 months.

I smell something foul in this tactic of charging customers for set top boxes and then for their short lived replacements. Anyone else has had similar experience?

I am thinking of moving to another service provider for DTH. I read on another forum that TRAI had ruled few years back that the provide is to refund the cost of hardware if a consumer decides to change the provider. Anybody has experience having done that?

Thanks,
Chetan

reniarahim1

Youngling
Used Sundirect previously. Pathetic i should say. Customer care is really bad. Most of the times you wont get through to the customer care, they wont understand what is the issue and no resolution. Once i was getting some error and was out of connection of almost 15 days. Everytime i call customer care they told that the issue will be resolved in 15 mins, but nothing happened. I had to painfully get hold of the local office of sundirect at cochin and they did some thing at their end and it got resolved.

After taking a Full HD tv, the PQ and SQ of sundirect was really bad and looked ugly and ultimately thought of going for another DTH.

After doing a bit of research, decided to go with Airtel HD and a really satisfied customer till now. PQ and SQ is really good plus customer care also i found it really good. Called up customer care about 3-4 times and all the issues/questions were resolved immediately. More over when a new channel was added to the regional package, dropped a mail to customer care about addition of new channel. To my surprise i got a call back in about 15 mins to inform me that the channel is added to my package and when i switched on the tv i could view it straight away.

Also, Airtel HD has the maximum number of HD channels as of now, which is an added advantage.

kisame

King of Heroes
Myself an unfortunate subscriber of reliance dth.It has worst packages.Even after paying 250 a month I cant get an english movie channel.u have to subscribe add-on packs to get them or subscribe to higher monthly pack.Get anything but not reliance.Personally I would recommend tata sky.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Well i have sun direct...dont know if its best...

But i like its online way of activating channels though portals?You can activate these channel wise though have to be using a base package...is any of u ppl have this with ur provider

is any dth gives option of picking channels instead of bundling into scheme

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Airtel does.. And pretty fast too, include the channel online & in a couple of seconds its avail. on ur DTH..

That's the only positive I have found about Airtel. My remote is giving troubles these days. :(

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Airtel does.. And pretty fast too, include the channel online & in a couple of seconds its avail. on ur DTH..

So do you have to pay any minimum amount or need to have a basic pakage which is charged per month or 6months?or its like prepaid , just choose channels only we want and pay only for those?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Change the thread name to "DTH Discussion thread" or like and it won't look old anymore... :p

Sarath

iDota
I think DTH and mobile space is too volatile. So creating a thread when the situation demands is better. The competition keeps creating kings out of paupers and vice versa. :)

I was myself under the impression that TS is the best but I don't feel that to be true anymore :|

acidCow

Broken In
I'd been using TATA Sky SD since 2006 and upgraded to TATA SKy + HD last year during that "Jingalala Saturdays" offer. Till today, i personally feel TATA Sky is the best. My friend's have DishTV, and Airtel. And I personally like my TATA sky more.
Coming to Customer Care, Till today I've never been completely satisfied by any customer care. So can't talk about that.

tkin

Back to school!!
Tata sky is good, but I hate it cause it ditched animax, now I get all channels @ 200/- per month from local cable(using set top box, CAS), the connection is by Reliance but provided by local cable, supports multiple audio feeds, good pic quality(comparable to tata sky normal), if you have CAS in your area check it out.

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Nice cable!
Which area ?
My Cable still analog and it sucks totally.
Our Cable do not provide Animax too. :(
All DTH is expensive in every aspect.
The worst thing and I hate most about DTH is u have to pay at least Rs.150/- even if u u watch only one single channel.
All DTH r too smart.
They r looting ppl by making their tricky worthless expensive channel packages.
The propaganda "Pay for what you watch" is the biggest lie.....

Rishab2oo

Keep honking I'm reloadin
The worst thing and I hate most about DTH is u have to pay at least Rs.150/- even if u u watch only one single channel.
All DTH r too smart.

Tata Sky provides "Make My Pack" packages that allows you create your own channel pack that you want to watch for just 150

tkin

Back to school!!
Nice cable!
Which area ?
My Cable still analog and it sucks totally.
Our Cable do not provide Animax too. :(
All DTH r too smart.
Its given by Digicable(through franchisee), and I live near garia region(naktala).

Top Bottom