what to buy PS3 or xbox 360

My choice...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
History will most certainly repeat itself. But this will take time and patience.
Yup History Will repeat itself .

Till the 1990's Sega was the Market Leader and Sony(New kid on the block) made some serious dent in Sega's Share with the PS1 and took over it with the PS2.

Similarly , Microsoft(the latest kid on the block) Made some serious dent in Sony's share with the Xbox and has finally surpassed it with the Xbox 360 .

Case in Point. 50% of all console game sales this year were for the 360.

Extra features : I had to mention the fact that the PS3 can have a Linux installed, din't I?
XNA Creators Club , let's hobbyist Officially write games for the 360 .

That wasn't possible until now for any console without buying Extremely Costly SDK's and that too only people working in Gaming companies could get SDK's not the normal hobbyist .

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
Yup History Will repeat itself .

Till the 1990's Sega was the Market Leader and Sony(New kid on the block) made some serious dent in Sega's Share with the PS1 and took over it with the PS2.

Similarly , Microsoft(the latest kid on the block) Made some serious dent in Sony's share with the Xbox and has finally surpassed it with the Xbox 360 .

Case in Point. 50% of all console game sales this year were for the 360.

XNA Creators Club , let's hobbyist Officially write games for the 360 .

That wasn't possible until now for any console without buying Extremely Costly SDK's and that too only people working in Gaming companies could get SDK's not the normal hobbyist .

hmm....1 year head start and only 50%........bad i say.....give ps3 1 year too..then we'll have this talk.....

and hbbyist writinh games for 360...ok...they will.....but well see abt wat happens to that game....u know ppl already might have written games for xbox orginal..have u heard abt it......??????

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
are yaar agar console pe linux install karna hai to pc hi le lo !

most of PS3's games are on Xbox ,xbox has better development support so more games forever while Sony's limited.
+ hobbyist can make games on their own-i know 2 arcade games in development approved by MS

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
are yaar agar console pe linux install karna hai to pc hi le lo !

most of PS3's games are on Xbox ,xbox has better development support so more games forever while Sony's limited.
+ hobbyist can make games on their own-i know 2 arcade games in development approved by MS

+100.........

yes....ps3 fanboys should stop talkin abt their linux wonder..its lame yaar.....yes it makes is versatile...but get a pc.....

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
one thing i have to say is many games today are being created to xox360 in ind and converted to ps3.. and vry few games are perfectly created for ps3 this is mainly coz of complexity of CELL BROADBAND procy..
but this is t change as more companies now do the reverse... create first for ps3 and convert it to xbox..
and when ps2 was released .. there wasnt many titles .. but things changed , now all know how damn hit is ps2!!!..
and now with bluray clearly a winner and many going to buy PS3 simply coz it doubles perfectly as bluray player / media centre ... many titles will be created with ps3 in mind...

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
one thing i have to say is many games today are being created to xox360 in ind and converted to ps3.. and vry few games are perfectly created for ps3 this is mainly coz of complexity of CELL BROADBAND procy..
but this is t change as more companies now do the reverse... create first for ps3 and convert it to xbox..
and when ps2 was released .. there wasnt many titles .. but things changed , now all know how damn hit is ps2!!!..
and now with bluray clearly a winner and many going to buy PS3 simply coz it doubles perfectly as bluray player / media centre ... many titles will be created with ps3 in mind...

hmm.....well....could be true..but sure.....bluray ..yes....

about porting...ps3 will get more titles...coz yeah ps3 was just released and time will prove that its true...
but what do u think x360 will do???
sit around?????no they will also come up with more stuff....remeber.....

ps3 got SCGE and x360 got MSGS.....so dont underestimate both....
both are great development houses......

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
^ i just posted it to show that both consoles will have games developed insanely
Most of titles are same for both the consoles
PS3 mgiht have good hardware for computing-it means nothing at all for gaming-this is the poorest criteria to decide a console-i dont think largest selling console Wii has greatest hardware-
Any console's future is dependent on developers and you all know developers favour both consoles except exclusive titles from Sony and MS.

@ quadroplex780 - Xbox 360 is Hd ,its that game that isn't.kindly check the link first---Bungie confirms Halo 3 is not 720p

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
all ican say is wait for this second quater and more titles will be there for ps3..
defenetly more than current no ....
ps3 is always superior.. but if there is next version of xbox360... then there will be a good competition..

but playstation has a string base now in all gamers mind .. with backing of ps2 success... so ps3 has edge both in popularity/hardware/titles to come for it .... PERIOD ! dont forget it f()cking has bluray player which will many will think for buying it,...

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
1.u mean that xbox 360 won't get any games in 2008 by saying that PS3 will rule by getting new games this year.
2.i m getting a PS3 soon so dont think i m supporting Xbox.yea i own a 360.
3.the guy has made his mind to get a 360 , its we who are arguing for nothing.
4.blu ray writer costs 350-500$ , the same as ps3's and xbox's cost.so if harware is a criteria-get a BD drive for pc,install linux and play solitaire :D

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
1.u mean that xbox 360 won't get any games in 2008 by saying that PS3 will rule by getting new games this year.

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN.....I HEREBY DECLARE NISH_HIGHER as the WISEST....

MAn u rock...:)....

naveen and all u other guys....learn from nish.....hes a gamer..not a fanboy....

nish...welcome to the club of wise.....

p.s.. i consider a member of the eleete...hhehe

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
and when ps2 was released .. there wasnt many titles .. but things changed , now all know how damn hit is ps2!!!
Games started appearing for PS2 because Dreamcast , the sole contender of the PS2 was dropped by SEGA .

SEGA pulled out of the console market because of Financial Troubles and that left only one console in the market , the PS2 .(Xbox was released much later)

! dont forget it f()cking has bluray player which will many will think for buying it,...
By the time you get Blu-Ray movies in the Mass market here . There will be much better players available in the market n the PC will have even better support .

The PS2 has DVD playback support , but hardly anyone uses his PS2 to play DVD's .

Last edited:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
4.blu ray writer costs 350-500$ , the same as ps3's and xbox's cost.so if harware is a criteria-get a BD drive for pc,install linux and play solitaire :D
di i ever say that game dev gona stop for xbox 360??? wht a stupid understanding...
and for the 4 th point.... even whe nDVD got launched this was the state... look around u ... i get DVD with movie ... as cheap as 40-50 Rs..
and another thing .. i wont get a BD writer.. i will simply get BD disc in black market and enjoy.. let those underground fellas worry....about writer
LADIES AND GENTLEMAN.....I HEREBY DECLARE NISH_HIGHER as the WISEST....

MAn u rock...:)....

naveen and all u other guys....learn from nish.....hes a gamer..not a fanboy....

nish...welcome to the club of wise.....

p.s.. i consider a member of the eleete...hhehe
LOL
wa that a compliment or teasing reply..???
LOL

PS3 is asure winner .. jusr look at the poles...
now lets top this fight and help that fella to buy his console...

Games started appearing for PS2 because Dreamcast , the sole contender of the PS2 was dropped by SEGA .

SEGA pulled out of the console market because of Financial Troubles and that left only one console in the market , the PS2 .(Xbox was released much later)

By the time you get Blu-Ray movies in the Mass market here . There will be much better players available in the market n the PC will have even better support .

The PS2 has DVD playback support , but hardly anyone uses his PS2 to play DVD's .

wht do u mean by better player ??/

for me .. shifting from PIONEER DVD player to PS3`s BD playback is a BIG change... i have a total control of the movie...
and for meit works flawlessly... i may never buy another BD player here after... now itsself i get with BD profile 1.1 ...and abiltiy to play nearly all major video files.. wht else can i ask for ??

whoever is looking for getting a separate BD player SHOULD OPT fpr ps3...
best bet to get PS3 .. + good LCD + A/V reciever + 5.1 = awesome Home theatre + gaming console + pc ( by installing ubuntu 7.1 ) + access to internet....

whtelse do u need for a a normal perrson???

Last edited:

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
what i mean to say (to everyone) is its worthless to count on the fact that PS3 is getting new games this year because most of those games are on Xbox and some people already own it.this also means that the number of games for Xbox is more and will remain more till xbox exists because developers won't abandon this and start making games for PS3 just because it has a better processor.has that ever happened in PC with intel or AMD?

even if the case was opposite i'd choose the console with more games at present.
when PS2 was launched,a DVD writer's cost was around 6k and ppl bought both.these are stats..BD Rom now costs 8000 rupees..its better to think like a gamer and not as a geek when considering buying a console

Peace!

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
LOL
wa that a compliment or teasing reply..???
LOL

PS3 is asure winner .. jusr look at the poles...
now lets top this fight and help that fella to buy his console...

wht do u mean by better player ??/

for me .. shifting from PIONEER DVD player to PS3`s BD playback is a BIG change... i have a total control of the movie...
and for meit works flawlessly... i may never buy another BD player here after... now itsself i get with BD profile 1.1 ...and abiltiy to play nearly all major video files.. wht else can i ask for ??

whoever is looking for getting a separate BD player SHOULD OPT fpr ps3...
best bet to get PS3 .. + good LCD + A/V reciever + 5.1 = awesome Home theatre + gaming console + pc ( by installing ubuntu 7.1 ) + access to internet....

whtelse do u need for a a normal perrson???

that was a complement.....

and abt poles......who care abt poles..its just gameplay...r8 now X360 is clear winner....maybe in a year we see...

and by using ps3..u get " i have a total control of the movie..."...

u kiddin me????....man u sound and type stupid and invalid arguments....

i dont even want to start abt that....bt using ps3...u now control the film...u control actors..or u change the plot.....

wat u get from ps3....ie "control" u get it from 1000 rupee DVD player now....

ok....ya i agree ps3 is great ok...and u know most people here taking sides own both the system.....and using game sysytems for over 10 years...stand up and take notice yaar.....:)....thats called gamers...u my boy is a ps3 fanboy nothing else...

respect&peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom